What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Molokai Frost

Molokai Frost

She is almost done and it has been wet for a week now and no mold.
Aloha DB
019 (798x800).jpg

018 (800x800).jpg

017 (798x800).jpg

013 (798x800).jpg

012 (800x800).jpg

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Sideshow-Bob -- More info on that Kali mist please!!

Kali Mist #26 is a plant i selected from recent serious seeds seedstock. I kept her because of the incredibly strong incense smell that she develops during flowering. It doesn't really come through as i'd like in the cured bud though. So she was only kept as a mother for seeds. Her offspring is fantastic and it combines heavenly with the Purple Haze x Panama male side.

For flowers i have kept a different mother, # 18. Here she is:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Beautiful you have good taste in herb my friend! Are these two crosses your own work? Awesome job on the Red Snake as well.

Thank you Bob Green :)

Yeah i made the seeds myself. Jaggen Bx1 is: Jack Flash (Jack Flash x (Purple Haze x Panama). The same males that were used in the Kali cross were used for the bx1. I actually kept one of the males alive after comparing the offspring of the different males to each other, male #7 produced superior offspring.

Hey Charlie Garcia will this be made available to retailers?

It looks great I'd love to get some of those.

I hope Charlie will make them available! I still haven't tried the final results yet, but i just feel they are fire, the smell tells alot already!

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran

Very pretty lady Dirtboy!

Does she smell earthy? When i grew the Molokai Frost i was surprised to find intense earthy smell that reminded me of afghan genetics, i had hoped for something floral - but MF isn't that kind of hawaian it seems... At the moment i'm having a go at Sagarmatha's Honululu Haze, which apart from not being hazy does smell very much like what i had hoped the Molokais to smell like (floral, exotic, sweet)

Don't have any pictures of her yet, but here are two details from Molokai Frost # 19:

picture.php

picture.php

Would love to try it grown in hawaian soil and climate, i'm sure she's a lot better there than under artificial lights...

good vibes :)

Welcome to icmag :)

Thanks for sharing your pics with us! She looks great - keep us updated!

good vibes

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Very pretty lady Dirtboy!

Does she smell earthy? When i grew the Molokai Frost i was surprised to find intense earthy smell that reminded me of afghan genetics, i had hoped for something floral - but MF isn't that kind of hawaian it seems... At the moment i'm having a go at Sagarmatha's Honululu Haze, which apart from not being hazy does smell very much like what i had hoped the Molokais to smell like (floral, exotic, sweet)

G`day SB

That doesn`t surprise me .
As I looked at the Molokai plant I was thinking , hmmm there`s a lot of Afghani in that cross . Then I scroll down the thread , and your confirming it for me .

Congrats on the grow DB .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
G`day SB

That doesn`t surprise me .
As I looked at the Molokai plant I was thinking , hmmm there`s a lot of Afghani in that cross . Then I scroll down the thread , and your confirming it for me .

Congrats on the grow DB .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Nice to read you Elmer :)

Yeah, i don't like the typical (dutch) afghan plant profile, like prominent in Sensi Star, Black Domina and others. So for me the Molokais were a complete waste of time unfortunately, but i know others love these type of plants - all just a matter of personal preferences...

Here is #17, the only one of the selection that got a second chance to prove herself:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She had also menthol aromas, but still the same earthy afghan smell too.

good vibes

Samson4

Veteran
Molokai Frost, just about finished. Still pushing new pistils here and there.

Durban x (oaxaca x haze) Very Very alluring smell. Wish I could bottle it.

DrGrinspoon, pure heirloom sativa? I don't think so.

Huesos

The Molokai Frost is some of the best smoke I ever smoked.

Some of the legendary Mexican Strains, such as Guerrero Gold.

Nevertheless, many of the Haze and Colombians carry that amazing floral skunky smell your referencing. Here is a pic of one (Ot1 haze hybrid) that carries an amazing floral skunk smell. I crossed her to golden tiger and Thai in hopes that she keeps blessing me with that smell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 15

Samson4

Veteran
Kariba x (haze x Thai) a few buds and branches, next time I'll lay off the macro setting. She has a long way to go. Hopefully she will be finished by mid december.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Thanks guys. Yes this plant is half the size of the others and does have some earth smell. It got root bugs so bad it started to die. The one I have still growing has way more menthol smell some sweet too but very little. Aloha

Samson4

Veteran
Thanks guys. Yes this plant is half the size of the others and does have some earth smell. It got root bugs so bad it started to die. The one I have still growing has way more menthol smell some sweet too but very little. Aloha

Menthol floral coffee?

Samson4

Veteran
"I wana talk to Samson" (half baked) lol
Looks dank my dude, ive wanted to get my hands on a nice Haze mix. Keep up the good work!

Haha welcome to the forum.

Im just glad so many breeders have kept the haze around. There is so much potential in a pack of pure haze.

Samson4

Veteran
coffee ya It is hard for me to smell the smoke from the lava flow is burning the forest and is blowing my way. Has been raining for a few weeks too at least I have no rot.

Damn, I hope it sounds much more extreme than it is. I can't imagine what rain hitting lava smells/sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.