What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
i thought the emm was pure mullumbimby madness selected for earliness.

"Early Mullimbimby Madness is a highly psychoactive line developed by Kangavita out of pure MM stock for faster maturity, solid limbs and mould resistance while maintaining the desired qualities of the original MM, which is noted for it's trippy and cerebral qualities when it comes to the exotic high."

G`day PC

I don`t know that Kanga did much work on this one .
He got it from another grower . He had it for only a cpl of seasons before he got popped .

It was early and had a tighter bud structure . That type of bud structure had been bred away from in Kanga`s own Mullum to reduce mold . And complete flowering after the Feb / March / April rainy season for May / June harvests .
[Hybrids get harvested in March /April ]
He was working on a cross between the two last I heard .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

purple clouds

Veteran
thanks for clearing that up elmer.

the quote was pulled out of nevils nh #21xemm description if anyone was wondering where i got that from.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Wow Yo Sammy beautiful sativa there, in how many liters is that beauty ? how it smells? look's so wild. :respect:

The cup next to the pot is a 1L cup.
Smells like good old skool sat dom herb, more spicy then fruity with hints of pine but the darker pine notes.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
thanks for clearing that up elmer.

the quote was pulled out of nevils nh #21xemm description if anyone was wondering where i got that from.

G`day PC

Nevil would tell you black was white .If he thought it would convince you to spend your money with him .

The Sk in the Sk / MM crosses is actually Chocolope by DNA . Nevil said he felt it was a repro of his old Skunk from back in the day so . Renamed it Sk and used it in the crosses designated SK ...

Nothing is as simple as it might seem in this game ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

e.T

Hmmm. Chocolope eh....
I got some stuff called kanga chunk from rimmeo. Anyone know anything about them?

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day eT

Kanga Chunk eh ?
I know he wasn`t happy about having the Kanga Kush named after him . So I`m not too sure he will feel any better about Kanga Chunk . loool .

rimmeo GRRRR !!!
A Sisyphean curse for that crook .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

e.T

Lol. That's when all that weird stuff started happening. Everything else I received, for the most part, was spot on. Arghhh

bushweed

Veteran
I don`t know that Kanga did much work on this one .
He got it from another grower . He had it for only a cpl of seasons before he got popped .

It was early and had a tighter bud structure . That type of bud structure had been bred away from in Kanga`s own Mullum to reduce mold . And complete flowering afterthe Feb / March / April rainy season for May / June harvests .
[Hybrids get harvested in March /April ]
He was working on a cross between the two last I heard .

Hehe that's vaguely in the ball park Elmer...A former grow partner of Kanga had a mother plant from Mullumbimby that was similar to Kanga's MM and thought to be a Thai with a touch of Afghan. Kanga crossed it to his MM and then backcrossed to the mother. It was bred purely for it's earliness and resin production as Kanga's MM was stronger and trippier, but had always been a very late flowerer. Also Kanga's MM always had a very compact bud structure, but over the years he did select for a more open habit to improve airflow and prevent mold. EMM...

picture.php

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php

Yes that's true that Nevil used a Chocolope and called it Skunk. tsk tsk. Speaking of Nevil here's a quote from Jim Ortega, interesting to see what this old school indica breeder made of Nevil's indica crosses...

Still have some of yours still in the original small manilla envelopes you sent them in. To this day I am still growing your Hash Plant, G13 X HP and will grow them till I can no longer grow. I have yet to find any better meds than those grown from your stock.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Bushie

Yes Hash Plant x Nl#1 and G13 x HP/ NL#1 are still classics today .

Shout out to the folks who bred the cuttings that Nevil acquired from the PNW . And the NL crew and Sam for the NL#1 .

Props to NDN guy for sharing his G13/ HP#1 seed with Mota and crew in more recent times .

I used a Double Koosh = Bubba Kush x G13 HP / NL#1 in a line I`m working .

Nevil`s Hz / Mango x Double Koosh .
picture.php

I grew the recent G13 cross from NVL last Summer .

I seem to recall this pic is MM x Mazar ??
picture.php

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dirtboy808

Veteran
new cross

new cross

Sweet you guys. Love the pics and talk. I'm working on the ultimate sat. This is a
Jack H / Columbian Gold X Molokai Frost. Not much Afghan in these lol. Aloha DB
017 (1021x1024).jpg

Dave Coulier

Veteran
No deadlines here. Going to go off of tric color for ripeness. Any suggestions?

Going by trich color alone can lead to early harvests, imo. Ive moved more towards letting bud development tell me when she's ready. I wait till there are no more fresh white pistils, then I wait some more for the pistils to begin to shrivel and recede. Meanwhile the calyxes are stacking and swelling on top of each other while I continue to wait..Understand the theme here? :biggrin:

Shit, sometimes long flowering sativas will go through TWO flowering periods. It can really throw you off on when to harvest, so I always give them extra time and dont hurry anything up so Im positive she's ready to come down.

I honestly wouldn't even consider harvesting her for a month or longer. You'd be surprised how much bud development can change in just the last few weeks of life if they're allowed to get to the proper end. How about a pic update in two weeks and we can check out that sexy lady some more :)

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day DC

Yep ! A cpl more weeks .
Then reassess and do it again . Cut out the nutes and let them consume all the shade leaves . Sativas can flower on and on if conditions are good .
I have started plants late Summer harvested mid Winter , revegged , harvested in Spring. Revegged and harvested in Autumn again .Plant got attacked by bugs that Summer and died . Low life force after bearing so much fruit .
All out doors in the ground . No lights or darkening .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

R

recent guest

I think there was something about that in the beginning of this thread, such as, "...the belief that sativas can live and bear flowers for years."

Heres a southeast asian looking sativa known as GD-72, greenhouse in CO:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

HatchBrew

Veteran
Took clones off my two Khmer Gold seedlings.

Here's "Bopha":
oPUWefxl.jpg

They're going into flower beginning of December. Not sexed yet. Will flower the female. Keep the male for pollen collection. Hoping for a male and female.

Starting Luang Prabang Lao from Gypsy & Tom Hill Haze x Deep Chunk f2 next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts