What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
you know chaman has a strain called colombian creepy. let me see if I can get him in here.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took this shot 1/2 hour ago :D
Cutting of White Congo,day 28 of 12/12 :jump:

redrider

How is the African Sativa compared to Colombian(G)? Is it a different plant and high all together? I never smoked any African except maybe Moroccan hashish when I lived in Germany (80-82).

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola red,
I think that colombian is more sedative,but if you come across the specials,then who knows?? both can be quite incapacitant and such....
here´s my Aussie "Red" old pure sativa from down/under.Lives inside the house,near the windows.She started to flower when the daylenght decreased dramatically (43ºN)

redrider

Hola red,
I think that colombian is more sedative,but if you come across the specials,then who knows?? both can be quite incapacitant and such....
Yes I find all the Colombians somewhat tranquilizing some more then others but none can be described as "racy" or speedy. I've never really gotten paranoid smoking Colombian Sativa but I sure did a couple times testing the potency of baked Sativa.

One night I eat 4 of these (Punto Rojo Bud cookies) and two "Coca-Cola Classics (with the "original" ingredient added to taste) and then took a cab ride from hell. I don't leave the house any more if I eat these.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can "read" the pedigree of your colombian by the shape of that leaf :joint:

G

Punto Rojo Bud cookies and two "Coca-Cola Classics" :) Mmmm
Columbian gold and colum/afghan!
You have got me drooling over the keyboard.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Colombian Black ?
I remember once back in the 90s I scored some nice imported nuggets which the guy told me was from Colombia.
Not the usual flat and dry brick buds, but rather loosely pressed and had kept a somewhat rounsidh shape. Quite dense ones, very sticky for import, just a few seeds, the color was of brownish black. Scent was very strong. Woody/forestry one but veeery sweeeeeet as well. Wild candy heheh. One or two hits got your whole head filled with warm rushes, quite potent, creeping to an energised high at first but ending rather stupefying. That was pretty good weed definitely. One of the best import I ever scored.

hmm, I see that hybrids are welcome here too, so here a bit of mine. These were done during my teens, in the mid-90s. From seeds I found in buds bought in some A'dam coffeeshops. Grown on a balcony, inside at the window on bad days. Not very good pics, sorry.

Northern Light x Thai

Orange Bud x Durban Poison

Irie !

Last edited:

maxdrumm

I cant believe this thread man!! :yoinks:
This is my keeper :joint: ...OldHazeXkali mist :yummy:

9632OldHazeXkali.jpg

Last edited:
G

Hello, wonderfull thread.

Now I know why the shit's black. I doubted stuff I'd read saying that the herb is black because it comes from plants that have died from being stifled by the resin but now I can see how thats possible. I've never worked with anything more than 135 days and I know some of the more extreme se asians go that long but I had no idea there were any south americans like that. I'm very curious about its ancestry. Seems to me like it may have a different background from the golds, reds, and punto rojo's but I guess its also possible it has the same ancestry just isolated from the others for a very long time.

I think it is the other way round. I believe the true Colombian Goldbud, blackbud and Creeper types to be closely related equatorial Sativas, phenotypical expressions of the same genepool. There are all types of colour combinations within the genepool, ranging from the greens, golds, purple and blacks, [which shows black highlights to the buds from early in flower but is really a very dark purple] This is where the true legends of these herbs can be traced back to i think, must be because the highs are simply extroidinary. These are all very simialar plants taking well over 130 days flowering. There is no fast flowering phenotypes in that genepool. These are all Equatorial highland Sativas with the classic phenotypical expressions.

The 'Red' to me is a totally different thing, a lowland plant from a different genepool entirely i think, very different to grow, much faster, shorter stockier more Northern in origin i suspect, more of the Mexican type. It has a totally different high and taste to the other Highland types. Very unique down then up. Inverse profile of the Highlands. Very earthy, tobacco and red tastes. Most of the Colombian Gold lines seen, appear to come from selected lowland farmed lines, much faster flowering, stockier and higher yeilding. Very similar Cultivars to what is seen when making a cross between the lowland Northern 'red' plant and the true origional highland Colombian Gold types. [See Raco's beutifull pic of Chamans excellant G x R F1 earlier]. These where lines being selected for Cultivation of herbs for the USA market to meet massive demand for the Gold there, I suspect. I also think the true Panama Red, the red one that goes 130 day plus, is also a red phenotype selection of these Highland Colombian plants, which i think are in turn decended from the wild Sativas of the Indo Asian regions[?] and they also form the backbone of the legandry Haze origins too. Just my 2c's but obviously very important genetics to preserve and work with.

My bests, Q

alaeddin

Redrider, your buds look so elegant with their leaves all combed at the same direction, how do you do it?

Raco that white congo is going to be a real monster.

Last edited:

redrider

Drying

Drying

Redrider, your buds look so elegant with their leaves all combed at the same direction, how do you do it?
alaeddin I hang dry all my bud like this..

Then after about 7 days when their crispy on the outside I put them into Glass jars (burping for 10 minutes everyday) for the rest of their lives.

Very nice buds you got there too and great pics, makes me have to light another one....

Peace

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alaeddin said:
Raco that white congo is going to be a real monster.

The "beast"(congo) lives inside it.I bet you can´t do that with straight Widow.
Yesterday I sampled some of la mano negra´s Congo 1 and it rocks!! :joint:
Alaeddin and all others,
beautiful pics!
Queijo,
Hola man...it´s great to see you,always a pleasure!!:wink:

eskimo

Veteran
British_Hempire said:
I've lined up a really nice Blueberry male (F2 of DJ Short original) to cross to one of my Columbian clones, he's one of the finest males I've ever seen and I've read that a good Blueberry male always makes good offspring almost egardless of what you cross it to.

That sounds great ...

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
You can see I'm a bit rough with my buds when they're drying

oooooh, very bad boy ! :spank:

I also think the true Panama Red, the red one that goes 130 day plus, is also a red phenotype selection of these Highland Colombian plants, which i think are in turn decended from the wild Sativas of the Indo Asian regions[?] and they also form the backbone of the legandry Haze origins too. Just my 2c's but obviously very important genetics to preserve and work with.

Actually could be the opposite. The spread of cannabisuse as an intoxicant is thought to date from the work on Panama canal and the immense human interchange which resulted among Circum-Caribbean countries.
At the same time, in Colombia and Costa Rica, were enacted first anti marijuana laws. More, the first clandetine plantations were reported on the Atlantic Coast and in Cauca valley around 1945.

Must be noted that several trial had been made during the 17th and 18th centuries by Spaniards to introduce hemp in Colombia, without any success (had been sucesfull only in Chile). Different aspect were opposing the progresiono f cannabis in today's Colombia. First natives had already their own shamanic plants (even though there have been some reports of native use of MJ), and there were already different kind of plants yielding fibers usable as those of the hem plant.
Cannabis is thought to have been brought in Brazil around 1549 when local sugar cane planters bought slave lots from Angola. They brought seeds with them and were allowed to grow it betweeen the cane rows. Most production and used was localised in the NorthEast, but Lots of smokers also in Rio. At such points that some repressive measures are taken with local power in as early as 1830.
Portugueuse themselves have most probably brought cannabis seeds, both from Portugal and India (it was used in the Royal Court, especially to make a poison tea - mixed with arsenic...)

So Colombia has a whole range of different genetics, all of them originating from India, but having stopped some time in different countries, with different cultures and environment, were it was selected and inbred with different purposes (Jamaica, Brazil, Mexico, Africa, W.I., India, Pakistan and so on).

Irie !

Status
Not open for further replies.