What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fabulous beauties in here! Great work folks.

WokkaWokka, that is something special right there.
Excellent contribution

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
after seeing ptg's post of his mexi..it's leaf set's are pretty much spot on to the black haze cut,and pistil's are small,but im guessing huge tric head's.........black haze could just be a nice pheno of a mexi...which kinda make's scence seing she came from fla.........
picture.php

what is pahari?lineage...if i may...

KindHypnos

:respect:Excellent show everyone!! this is def one of the greatest threads of all time.

Thanks again to all that have posted, I look forward to being able to add my own to this in the not too distant future.

P

ptg

@ verdant green:

You should be a very skilled grower to be able to grow such type of strain in a 1 metre high closet!:respect:
Did you grow her in soil?
Black Forrest is vietnam 'black' x hawaiian cherry bomb.
the vietnam in this case is a landrace strain collected from deep in the jungle rather than a cultivated vietnam black hybrid type. the hawaiian cherry bomb is a sativa line but it is said to be fairly transparent in the cross with the hybrid being 80% dominated by the vietnam.
Thanks for the info!
Interesting thing you said,i was thinking that VB is a vietnamese x chinese cross,never heard about VB being a non hybridized landrace...i've got some seeds of VB (the viet/chinese hybrid) never found time to pop them,but i think it is the same line used by ACE breeders for creating orient express and from what i understood the best phenos are the compact one's( leaning to the chinese side).

@ croissant:

De nada!

I was thinking that the malana is out of stock,it's a shame because they looks very interesting,have you seen matsi's grow on the UK board?

@ money mike:

i don't know black haze,but maybe it's just a cut of haze mexican pheno?When i saw your pic it remind me NL/haze hydrid i had few years ago,really killer pheno with a great energetic/psychedelic high and a flo time of 16 weeks.

The pahari is a north indian cultivar,coming from a province close to nepalese borders and as slim pickens said,it's a RSC offer.

@ cannaco-op:

Beautiful buds! what strain is it?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I love this tread,some cracking looking plants,love the pahari farmhouse ptg,i've got aload myself so i think i best start germinating them asap,also going to start aload of zamal that i've had for 3-4 years now.
I'll take aload of pics later of my mexican michoacan sativa just before i chop her down,i'll get a few of my colombian gold and lao's sativas.

P

ptg

Hiya mat,and thanks you!

I had a look at your gallery,crazy sativa pics,skilled sativa growers once again:respect:

Waiting for more pics from you!

What type of zamal have you?The one from gypsy or directly from La Réunion?

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Great shots guys! I'm normally an indy lover, but watching this thread over the last year has motivated us to produce some sativa stock. Currently have some Odin's Hammer seedlings, anyone have some info on this strain?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ verdant green:

You should be a very skilled grower to be able to grow such type of strain in a 1 metre high closet!:respect:
Did you grow her in soil?

thanks ptg, its my first time growing a 'proper' sativa and maybe i got lucky :D. she was grown in organic soil. my usual fairly rich mix cut with 20% coco to lighten it and fluff it up and a bit of hoof&horn to give a tiny bit of long term nitrogen. i pretty much just added water after that.

Thanks for the info!
Interesting thing you said,i was thinking that VB is a vietnamese x chinese cross,never heard about VB being a non hybridized landrace...i've got some seeds of VB (the viet/chinese hybrid) never found time to pop them,but i think it is the same line used by ACE breeders for creating orient express and from what i understood the best phenos are the compact one's( leaning to the chinese side).

yes i think it depends on whether you regards the original viet landraces as viet black, or the lines that were created from them. the guy who made the seeds apparently referred to this as the 'real' viet black and the seeds were said to be gathered from a wild growing plant deep in the jungle.

there is some more discussion about vietnamese black - search for the thread titled 'vietnamese black info wanted'

i'm pretty sure mine will finish in around 12 weeks (the pics are at 9 weeks) whilst the info says 16+ weeks. could this be because i vegged it for a good couple of months? i believe some of these sats will not flower until they get to a certain age?. perhaps i got a quicker pheno but this should be a 'stable' f1
any ideas would be welcome :)

V.

P

ptg

héhéhé...i don't think your a lucky guy...but i think you are too modest:)
my usual fairly rich mix cut with 20% coco to lighten it and fluff it up and a bit of hoof&horn to give a tiny bit of long term nitrogen
Please can you explain your recipe a bit more?Do you add this to a commercial soil?Don't you add some guano ( or something like that) to increase phosphorus content?

Sorry for all those questions but i never had worked the commercial soil i used habitually...i think about it,bought recently some batguano and wormcast and now thinking seriously to use it for my next sativa's grow.

About the viet black,i have looked at the thread you talking about,not yet sure what to think about it.As you said,it depends on how you see it,for me it seems confusing to named two strains( related or not) the same.

i'm pretty sure mine will finish in around 12 weeks (the pics are at 9 weeks) whilst the info says 16+ weeks. could this be because i vegged it for a good couple of months? i believe some of these sats will not flower until they get to a certain age?. perhaps i got a quicker pheno but this should be a 'stable' f1
any ideas would be welcome

Sorry for my lack of knowledge,but who sell the HCB,and what is the exact lineage?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi ptg, im a bit embarrassed to post this because although my soil mix has served me very well, it is probably a bit over-complicated :redface: but here you go.

for flowering -

3 parts peat
2 parts topsoil
3 parts perlite
1 part mushroom compost
1 part wormcasts

dolomite lime 5g/litre
N guano - 5g/litre
P guano - 10g/litre (5g/litre for veg)
Rock phosphate 5g/l
rock potash 5g/l
seaweed meal 5g/l

then to this 'standard' mix i added 2litre of coco to every 10 litres of mix to make it more fluffy and some hoof&horn at 2.5g/litre to give a small amount of slow release N

guano will vary, the stuff i use is apparently fairly mild but it is ethically sourced ;)

the lineage of the hawaiian sativa is pretty murky and i know of at least two different strains called cherry bomb from hawaii. all i know is that it has a little cherry ak47 in it and it was at about F6. i dont think it is sold commercially.

V.

P

ptg

Hiya verdant green!:wave:

Thanks a lot for the soil infos!:yes:

I will PM you for some comments/question,because i don't wanna be :off2:...

the lineage of the hawaiian sativa is pretty murky and i know of at least two different strains called cherry bomb from hawaii. all i know is that it has a little cherry ak47 in it and it was at about F6. i dont think it is sold commercially
Maybe this explain why you got a 12 weeks pheno of black forest,a recessive part from the ak47...who knows?

E2a:

Syd,nice pics you show there,but don't you find the super haze too much leafy for a sativa?

Syd

ICMag Donor
Syd,nice pics you show there,but don't you find the super haze too much leafy for a sativa?

Hi ptg and thanks for the kind words.
Yes, the appearance is a little too leafy. If the CH9 vendor forum was still open, I'd ask which SSH pheno they chose as mother and which one of the 4 pollen donors could contribute to this purple leafy pheno.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hello everybody. I just wanted to wish a happy veterans day to Randy, and Harry, and whoever else I'm forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.