Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Witness The Fitness...

Witness The Fitness...

They said it couldn't be done, but here she is - the Highland Oaxacan Gold, harvested today, 12th November at 53° N in a very damp UK! I lost a little bit to mold, as can be seen from the pics, but not much - a Blue Satellite was reduced to mostly mush in comparison. But this is vindication if ever there was of the experiment - is there nothing this strain can't do...? Just imagine it in Spain...;)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
They said it couldn't be done, but here she is - the Highland Oaxacan Gold, harvested today, 12th November at 53° N in a very damp UK! I lost a little bit to mold, as can be seen from the pics, but not much - a Blue Satellite was reduced to mostly mush in comparison. But this is vindication if ever there was of the experiment - is there nothing this strain can't do...? Just imagine it in Spain...;)

Congrats Elevator Man!

I wish you happy moments smoking her. The outdoors might even have added something extra to the high. Is this the original clone you had?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yep - the very same. She sure is versatile. Grows differently outdoors with more sativa-shaped leaves, and obviously leafier buds, but smells better - less diesel, and more peppery/fruity, which may well be the effects of outdoors - hard to tell at this stage. I have an indoor one at nine weeks, which is growing some rather fat buds, and it's all calyxes - hardly any budleaves at all!

indifferent

Veteran
Purple Thai I started on 11/13 from seed (I use 11/13 rather than 12/12) and it grew with immense vigour and seems very Thai-like but you can see the indica in her too,looks like she will give me a nice top bud. I think she's about 40 days old.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also had 2 Purple Thai males, I cloned them both and have pollinated the Highland Oaxacan clone I have at 30 days of flower, that should be an interesting hybrid.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yep - the very same. She sure is versatile. Grows differently outdoors with more sativa-shaped leaves, and obviously leafier buds, but smells better - less diesel, and more peppery/fruity, which may well be the effects of outdoors - hard to tell at this stage. I have an indoor one at nine weeks, which is growing some rather fat buds, and it's all calyxes - hardly any budleaves at all!

Nice! Have you planned on making seeds with her? It can be risky to keep the strain in clone form only. Maybe you could seed her with a similar pure sat and then do a back cross and end up with something close to the original. :2cents:

indifferent

Veteran
Nice! Have you planned on making seeds with her? It can be risky to keep the strain in clone form only. Maybe you could seed her with a similar pure sat and then do a back cross and end up with something close to the original. :2cents:

I just pollinated her with a Purple Thai male. There are S1s of the HOG around as well and a few folks have the clone now so it's not gonna disappear.

Seeing that HOG outdoors makes me thinks of Sensi's Mexican Sativa, you can see how they saw potential in the Oaxacan when grown in Holland and decided to cross it to something earlier and used a Durban/Hashplant to get something that does well outdoors above 50N. I have read posts about the old pre 1998 seed ban Mexican Sativa producing very Oaxacan dom plants and being a very nice, mold resitant line but that in the last decade the line has deteriorated and is now low potency and lacking. Maybe it would still be nice to cross an early Mexican Sativa male to the HOG cut for growing outdoors?

Personally, i would love to see a male moflo of the same pheno as the green very Oaxcan leaning female used to pollinate the HOG, thatwould be as good a starting point as I can think of to making an Oaxacan seedline.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've got a few S1s and even fewer 'S2s' - they were actually made by someone else from a male that popped out of the S1s! But it seems reluctant to make seeds so far with other pollen - it may be old pollen being the reason, but so far three attempts to seed it have 'apparently' failed - I only say apparently as the last plant is still flowering, so there may be some seeds buried in the middle of the bud.

But yeah, I've passed clones around to a few, and I know they're going to pass them on, so I think this strain is preserved for now at least...;)

indifferent - what Purple Thai is that?

And I do have some of those MoFlo seeds ready to go soon. I decided to let the mother plant go, due to space reasons, and the fact I got plenty of seeds. The HOG is priority right now.

WokkaWokka!

I got around to smoking some of the afghan haze x afghan skunk,"purple haze" plant. Holy shit dudes. Definitely up there with the super silver. Hits hard! So frosty and so purple tasting. How can it be so hazy, with the afghan and the skunk in there?

B

BeAn

I think that if you get her early she makes nice fat dark n round seeds, i crosses her to nepal and had not 1 immature bean, she did get pollen straight from the male though, never had luck storing the yellow dust.:yes:

Thanks to those who made this possible!!:yes:

indifferent

Veteran
Hey Eman

The HOG does seem a tricky one to pollinate, I hit a small clone with dust from a PA x OG male and only got 3 viable seeds plus a half dozen white ones.

That Purple Thai is the PA x Thai,same father as the other PA crosses.

WokkaWokka!

Here is a juicy bud of Phoenix Haze f2 and a pile of seeds that I am currently pulling out of the buds. Pollinated with two blockhead males for some guaranteed extraordinary results.

Attachments

• PHX_seeded.jpg
    PHX_seeded.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12

WokkaWokka!

Another pheno of phoenix haze with the most outrageous tropical cherry flavor. This is an asskicking sativa that will pleasure the smoker from head to toe.

Attachments

• PHX_inJars (2).jpg
    PHX_inJars (2).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 12
  • PHX_inJars.jpg
    PHX_inJars.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 10

Esskie

..........This is an asskicking sativa that will pleasure the smoker from head to toe.

What traits are you going to be looking for amongst the f2s man?

I mean, had you anything specific in mind when you dusted them with the pollen from the BlockHead or just fun to see what happens?

Hopefully you'll do a growthread when you start them so we can follow it's progress :joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.