What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spangli

BSC Colombian Gold

BSC Colombian Gold

High!

Finally my contribution to my favourite thread.
Five weeks into bloom. All organic nutrients.
Overloaded nitrogen a bit but she will eat up all later.

Enjoy.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Spangli said:
High!

Finally my contribution to my favourite thread.
Five weeks into bloom. All organic nutrients.
Overloaded nitrogen a bit but she will eat up all later.

Enjoy.

Nice looking BSC CG's you've got there.Have you grown &/or smoked any before,if so what's she like??

I've got 3 differant santa marta Colombian Gold lines , 1 originates from BSC but i've not grown any out yet.

G

There are some similarities in that plant to the CG line mat's talking about but your plant looks a bit more sativa, slightly taller and with thinner, larger leaves. There never was a CG line really, just a group of highland cultivars that could be called CG, so there are many 'real' CGs, probably a few have fallen by the wayside due to eradication efforts, but many will still be around.

Spangli

marijuanamat said:
Nice looking BSC CG's you've got there.Have you grown &/or smoked any before,if so what's she like??

I've got 3 differant santa marta Colombian Gold lines , 1 originates from BSC but i've not grown any out yet.

Hi
Mat:
No this is my first sativa grow ever. So the smokereport will com in august maybe september:)
I also have BCO's "goldbud" and planning to grow them later side by side.
We will see.

GP: I know there isn't one CG line but this one is a beauty for me at least.
I think this was well worth buying from BSC. Luiz is a great guy. Looks really good.

I was always amazed by both of your work really inspired me a lot.
So I am happy that I could manage this strain for the first time.

Happy growing

Spangli

Forgot

Forgot

Have you ever used EM? Effective microorganisms
Search at google: EM Teuro Higa
use this stuff and you will see a miracle.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Some greens & golds in Kasol village, Parvati valley.
The third pic was shsot from the first floor of the guesthouse, pretty tall plant !
Sorry for the electric lines, couldn't do without it...

Irie !

droopy

Hello again sativa lovers,

dropping a few lines about my paraguayan sativa which reached 8 weeks (almost from seed) under 12/12.
Buds are packing weight :canabis:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice...but...why don´t you use a decent container?? :wink:

mriko,awesome,as always...that pic of the red male is a classic :wink:

droopy

Raco said:
Nice...but...why don´t you use a decent container?? :wink:

Well, many reasons : limit the size (small grow room with mixed genetics), first time growing a sativa (I didn't even know it would be a sativa), almost grown from seed, ...
I'll see if once I reveg it I can put some clones outside (guerilla) to see how much it yelds.

droopy

Raco said:
Light is allowed to reach the roots ...not good idea :spank: :D

And you forgot that with such a small container, the plant will soon fall from the buds weight ! :dueling: :laughing:
Indeed it's another issue (1st time using those bottles) but from the 30 similar bottles I am using, only one showed an algae problem until now (all the water I give is very quickly drinked).

Only good thing about those small containers : once a plant falls all over the other plants in the grow room, it's time to water it... Doh ! :muahaha:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Some more Parvati landrace. Alas I had no place to step backward and couldn't get the plant in a single shot.

There's close to a meter more below the canopy (3rd pic), fan leaves were more than a foot wide, very impressive plant it was !

Here a sativa sunset in Chitral

Irie !

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Not as pretty as mriko but for me, they are nice pics, here some vintage pics from and 76' High Times magazine.

85639005cs2.jpg

10559008nm8.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
G

How the hell did they get that Colombian to turn that colour? I mean, that is GOLD! I;ve read about the girdling technique they use and let the plants slowly die and dry in the sun, but man, I've never seen any bud with a colour like that!

l33t

Veteran
..I am sure its golden but here in most pics the White Balance is way off thats why most look so much red/yellow tinted .

..most photos that were taken with film (not digicam) had this problem as you had to predict the WB and buy the appropriate film (ie Daylight Balanced). With Digis and Auto WB , its so much easier to get accurate colors.

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool Pablo :yes:
Here´s Desiderata´s 30+ yrs old pic of colombian gold,shown in the "colombian section" page 1 of this thread :D
11550santa_marta_gold1.jpg

I have pics of 20´Thai´s Thai ´79 and my colombian that look similar to the Thai san and the sins colombian shown above :D
Colombian
050-1.jpg

Thai ´79 :D
raco2059.jpg

Last edited:
G

Desiderata's pic looks about right on the colour balance, the colours are a little washed out, but the rendition looks about right. The HT Colombian pics look way off, and that's not down to the film, 30 years ago they had Kodachrome and Ektachrome and Agfachrome, and other colour films that produced really good colour rendition You can clearly tell that macro of the Hawaiian was lit with incandescent lights as it's orange-tinted. I used to do a lot of photography and the colour of light changes through the day, at dawn, you get this very diffuse, neutral light that gives a lovely atmosphere to photographs and great colour rendition, 99% of car advertising pics used to be taken in the very early morning to take advantage of this light, as were most architectural shots. At midday the light is much more orange and photos taken in the midday sun often have an orange cast to them. If you had the original negatives of those HT shots you could improve the colour by scanning and colour correcting in Photoshop, but you would be guessing without having the actual bud for reference.

I don't know what HT's standards were like for honesty back in 76, but I wouldn't believe a word they print these days.

l33t

Veteran
Raco said:
Very cool Pablo :yes:
Here´s Desiderata´s 30+ yrs old pic of colombian gold,shown in the "colombian section" page 1 of this thread :D
11550santa_marta_gold1.jpg

I have pics of 20´Thai´s Thai ´79 and my colombian that look similar to the Thai san and the sins colombian shown above :D

Nice buds and pipe Raco :D hehe

I was fooling around in PS , here is how this pld pic would look if shot with proper WB.

It certainly looks golden! But , is it the pic , or do the pistils look too yellow/immature a bit (also light pistil color due to gen trait maybe?) ..though I m sure it smokes a looot better than it looks :D
2964WB.jpg

And the other bud. Just a quick WB fix again.

2964wb2.jpg

For color accuracy consistency among different photos , I generally find the best way is to use the flash and have no other light sources .Then you only need to set the WB setting to Flash or Auto.. Do you happen to have any of these Golds shot under flash light and with properly setup WB Raco ? I would be really interested to see the true actual colors/gonden tint , cause correcting the WB afterwards on jpgs is not accurate by any means and the non-WBalanced pics dont allow the true colors show up..

PS they look very resinous. Where they grown indoors or out?
l33t

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts