What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

19-Noviembre.

...y de postre para los mas golosos: "brazo de gitano" para todos...

...and for dessert for those with a sweet tooth: "gypsy arm cake" for everyone...

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Nacida el 5-Mayo / Born 5-May.

Cogollos de las ramas laterales:
Lateral branches' buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

meizzwang

Is the punto rojo malawi very incensey? Very interested in that cross.. Good work!

Thank you! Out of the seed batch, most of them smelled the same: sweet, but not very interesting or strong. One individual smelled better than the others, but the very best plant was bigger and better than the rest. This one individual pictured below, when smelled from afar, smells like caramel! When smelled up close, it gives off a very sweet, cherry flavored pez aroma that's nice and strong!

This thing was ripe probably a few days earlier, picked on 11/26/20. Malawi Gold(Afropips) x Punto Rojo (BSC):
50658105902_8256142a14_c.jpg

50658015586_9419370f44_c.jpg

50658044081_21b97e4174_c.jpg

50657305923_f28d81c147_c.jpg

50658127652_746f009f6c_c.jpg

Zomboy

Veteran
Thank you! Out of the seed batch, most of them smelled the same: sweet, but not very interesting or strong. One individual smelled better than the others, but the very best plant was bigger and better than the rest. This one individual pictured below, when smelled from afar, smells like caramel! When smelled up close, it gives off a very sweet, cherry flavored pez aroma that's nice and strong!

This thing was ripe probably a few days earlier, picked on 11/26/20. Malawi Gold(Afropips) x Punto Rojo (BSC):
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Sure is purtty, very nice

Rastak'

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Looks very nice. Made many times the Punto Rojo from BSC but this cross really looks amazing. Frosty, light green and buds are well developed.
What's about the smoke??

Montuno

...como el Son...

meizzwang

Looks very nice. Made many times the Punto Rojo from BSC but this cross really looks amazing. Frosty, light green and buds are well developed.
What's about the smoke??

Thank you! I never got to see what the malawi gold parent of this cross looked like, it rotted out before the buds were mature (around December) I made the seeds from the malawi gold x punto rojo cross almost 10 years ago, and never grew them out until this year! The results were definitely surprising.

I think the Malawi gold female used in this cross was special, punto rojo doesn't look this good by itself!

I don't know about the effects just yet, the buds were just harvested so it may be a few weeks before they're sampled. I'll keep you all posted.

One last pic of malawi gold x punto rojo, while still "hanging on the vine":
50663958461_c6fccb0689_c.jpg

meizzwang

Kumaoni(best clone) x manipuri, another unusual cross you don't see every day!

Even though this was started in late July, this plant turned out to be a 4 meter tall TREE! The male manipuri used in this cross wasn't ideal because it was such a late flowering individual and produced a very high frequency of hermis in other crosses, but it was the only male at the time that I had. Kumaoni finished here late November, but this F1 hybrid looks like it'll finish mid to late December. Surprisingly, the buds with the hybrid are smaller.

On the positive sides, which far outweigh the negative:
1) no hermis in this cross (so far!)
2) aroma is manipuri dominant, but with added spice from the Kumaoni. It smells heavenly, and unlike the kumaoni mother plant, I think the buds themselves will be worth smoking (as opposed to needing to do extractions)
3) there were some earlier finishing phenos that were done about a week ago, but they were all runts. I had several big, vigorous seedlings, but only one survived the wrath of the local rabbit
4) Even though this plant preflowered in Mid October (like manipuri does), the bracts are maturing very quickly. For perspective, when one of my manipuri females started flowering in mid October, it finished around Mid January!
5) resin is abundant, and bracts are decent sized.
6) high resistance to powdery mildew and botrytis. My garden this year was loaded with aphids, had a few spots of powdery mildew, and abundant bud rot from modern hybrids, but this plant has none of the above!
7) incredible structure! This has great ornamental value as well, love looking at this plant!

If I could re-do this cross, I'd select a better manipuri male: one that doesn't have hermi traits and one that flowers earlier. Other than that, this male was perfect: it had great genetics for potency and flavor. The Kumaoni female was the best of the batch: it had decent potency compared to the others, great production (even it it was super tall), surprisingly high resin production, and it really did bring out the best it could in this hybrid. However, the long flowering time limits who can grow this hybrid, so that's something that needs to be worked on.

Himalayan buds, from my experience, rarely taste good in flower form, and you really need to smoke a lot to get any effects. Concentrated, they're very much worth their weight in gold, both potency and effects-wise! When crossing Himalayan genotypes with these semi-tropical/tropical genotypes, the hope is to make the buds taste better, and be strong enough to smoke without needing to concentrate the resin. I'm also hoping the himalayan mellow, super warm and happy effects dominate.

Kumaoni x manipuri, Pics taken 11/30/20:
50665658117_28d5fa4137_c.jpg

I'll try to take better pics, batteries were low, so I just took what I could:
50665570666_39b257a80b_c.jpg

50665664952_3a04c26d71_c.jpg

50665668287_fa79efd59f_c.jpg

harvestreaper

Veteran
lovely work meizzwang,bet tats a real nice smoke ,,good too see others making some new hybrids with the rsc gear ,youve inspired me too look thru some ive made ,,this year i let rasoli seed up and the males got to a acapulco gold x uhkrul female im real interested to try them as both sides of the pedigree faired well in terriblle conditions

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

16-November.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; born 18-June):

Very fruity and sweet aroma, but difficult to specify; like a mixture between sweet carrot/mandarine, and apple/melon/kiwi...

View Image

View Image

View Image

It lacks the 3 lower knots (6 branches), pruned..

View Image

View Image

19-November.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company; born 18-June):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

19-November.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company ; born 18-June).

View from the opposite side to the previous one.

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

By 19-November both King Congos were fully ripe. I decided to pick them up the next day 20, but certain obligations kept me busy and I could not return to "La Perrera" until the evening of 22nd. I took a few photos of the plants to document their condition just before I started harvesting them the next day...

22-Noviembre.
King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands;Tropical Seeds Company ; born 18-June).
Main tip:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

22-Noviembre.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company; born 18-June).

Lower buds:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
16-November.

King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

Looking East and facing the main point of the plant:

View Image

The King Congo 2°, which does not reach 1'70 meters, I will harvest it at once. But the K.C. 1°, with its almost 3 metres of stem length, I will have to do it in parts; and even more so when I am alone for everything...

22-Noviembre.
King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company). Born 5-May.

Lateral branches n' its buds :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php