Zamaldelica

Zamaldelica

:)

Attachments

• IMG_20200908_150238.jpg
    IMG_20200908_150238.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 37

OldCoolSativa

Pretty finicky plants. They need a very low nutrient load, but seem to prefer a very slow weaning off of N ( until the 10-11th week) as the go fully into flower. Most were harvested between 17 and 19 weeks of flower.
I grew TLT punto rojo last year and commend you for a really well done grow and smoke report. My TLT PRs were also light feeders. They went 16-20 weeks.

Here is a run down of the smells coming off a few of the plants as they grew out to give you an idea of the olfactory end of things:

Early Flower: Cucumber, unripe melon, lime
Late Flower: Burnt caramel, peanut butter, cheap perfume
Harvest: Pink chalky candy beads that came on a necklace when we were kids
1 Month Cure: Strong black tea, citrus, spearmint, perfume - not pleasant, a bit cloying to the nose

Early Flower: Spicy lime, green mango, marquissa, cheap cologne, fruity notes
Late Flower: Sweet yeasty bread, mango, floral
Harvest: Caraway, lemon, floral
1 Month Cure: Perfume, insecticide, sweet tart candy - again not very attractive

Effects:

Medium strong sativa. Didn't find any real standouts strength wise, but did find one that was pure hay, and one that had a very flat and boring high. Most were pretty good though. Keep in mind that I am almost exclusively smoking pretty good 100% long flowering sats as my day to day smokes, and this is what I am comparing them to.

I think this strains strength, as with a lot of the landraces, is in its hybridization with other strains. I crossed and grew out some Super Lao x PR, and some (Lilly x MangoBiche) x PR... And in both these cases the offspring had an extra something, and were definitely strong - very good weed. The down side of both these crosses were that they were slower to flower than either parent - the SuperLao x PR dragging out to between 20 and 21 weeks, but a nice enough of a smoke for me to keep a mother plant :)

Spot on. I hit my TLT punto rojo keeper with pollen from a 1978 Colombian gold, and recently grew out some of the progeny (which I call puntodorado). The '78CG really shone through, as I liked all of the aromas and effects more than the TLT PR mother.
Regarding aromas, I didn't find the TLT PR gave me the classic Colombian smells that I got from some CBG punto rojo x mangobiche that I grew the previous year. Good sativa herb for sure, but the effect classic Colombian aromas and effect were somewhat lacking compared to the puntobiche. One of the puntobiche plants was done at 13 weeks, the rest went 18-20.

I'd describe the high as very dreamy, rather than trippy. There can be a bit of the sense that - all the air was transformed into a clear warm breathable liquid, and events go along at a more leasurely pace, you can focus intensely on a thing or task, almost to the exclusion of everything else, and then suddenly with the vaguries of a shifting breeze flip your focus to something completely different, abandoning all thought of where you once were. So in a way, it keeps me very present, but only in a very narrow bandwidth and for a limited time.

My prefered weed is that which motivates and inspires me in the arts and in nature, so the shifting focus and introvertion of PR can be a hinderance to actually achieving much in those areas, hence it is not my daily smoke, but one I do like to visit. I do like the dreamy aspect of it, and can see how a cross with a nice mexican would be very intriguing, or an overly electric Thai for that matter

Again, spot-on review of TLT punto rojo. One of mine had a high that I just simply didn't like...didn't like the way it made me feel. You didn't mention intersex issues, and I had two plants that went full-on hermie around week 6 or 7, entire branches covered with male flowers. Others showed quite a few staminate flowers late in the game. That weed was pretty well seeded, which is OK by me, because that '70s weed was also seeded. Only one TLT PR plant was completely herm free; that was my keeper. It also had beautiful red pistils; justifying its namesake.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PR5 cola2 F140.jpg
    PR5 cola2 F140.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 40

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Punto Rojo

Punto Rojo

Hey OldCoolSativa!

Glad to see we have pretty much the same take on the Punto Rojo.

That PuntoDorado of yours sounds killer! I have some USC CG 72 pollen - I might have to follow your lead and try crossing with the PR.

As to the inter-sex issues, oddly I haven't seen any herms yet. Might be because two thirds of my plants were grown on full sun or light dep? The others were indoors under LEDs. All were in soil, and pretty small pots. I was watching them pretty closely as I was growing some other herm tending sats at the same time. I'm very curious as to what the environmental factors that may effect this are.

In regards to the smells, to use your phrase, your comments were - spot on. Makes me wonder exactly where these seeds were sourced verses the CBG ones. I find it encouraging though, as it makes one realize how much variety there is in the strain, and that "Punto Rojo" is a blanket name for a strain from a certain region which actually has a lot of varience in its form. If I recall correctly, Breeder Steve mentioned something similar about the Columbian strains in one of the recent Future Cannabis Project YouTube interviews.

That shot of your TLT PR mother is sweet. Looking forward to see what else you might be doing with her in the future.

Cheers!

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
(Lilly x MangoBiche) x (NanonBouclou x MangoBiche) Outside

(Lilly x MangoBiche) x (NanonBouclou x MangoBiche) Outside

Hey All!

I grow starters for some folks and here is a sample of one grown by a friend locally that may be of interest - (Lilly x MangoBiche) x (NanonBouclou x MangoBiche):

They are quite the beasts, at about 9-10 ft and starting to really pack the weight on now.

Who knows what the effect this apocalyptic weather in Northern Cali of late will have on then. We've had days that were no brighter than twilight, and I have been washing a grimy coating of ash and gunk off the leaves of my outdoor plants each morning. At least we are still standing, which is more that lots of folks here can say. Stay safe out there folks!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Gold Rush (Nanan Bouclou x Mullumbimby Madness) from Southern Star Seeds. Great sativa high.
picture.php

RED 1

Golden Tiger Thai Dom

Golden Tiger Thai Dom

In soil at 38N
Mid September flowering, and,so it is

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_032438.jpg
    IMG_20200912_032438.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 33

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

10-September-2020:

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; born during the first week of May), looking West:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

10-September-2020:

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; born during the first week of May), looking East:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1°. Appearance of the petioles:

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

10-September-2020:

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company; born during the first week of May).

Looking West, with a can (33cl) of beer on top, as a size reference:

picture.php

picture.php

The main point, looking to the Southeast:

picture.php

unnamedmike

Cannabiogen Destroyer
picture.php

Quick pheno (10 weeks) from fem seeds
picture.php

This lady is one the strongest plants that i ever smoked. 110 days +- reg seeds

picture.php