What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
TLT Punto Rojo

TLT Punto Rojo

As promised a TLT Punto Rojo report (Part 1):

The last of the PR have been curing for a month now, and I have started sampling them.

I have grown out a pack+, as well as some F2s, and some crosses using a PR male with a variety of other strains. Other crosses were made with some PRs as the moms, but these have not yet been grown or tested.

They are in general a beautiful wispy long leaved plants. Some have fatter leaves in early veg, but all thinned down to very fine leaves.

A Top View:

Growing:

Pretty finicky plants. They need a very low nutrient load, but seem to prefer a very slow weaning off of N ( until the 10-11th week) as the go fully into flower. Most were harvested between 17 and 19 weeks of flower.

All were grown in small pots, 3 up pottings to a final 2 gallons in volume. Soil and organic ferts. Grown with various means: indoors under LEDs, outdoors, and also in light dep.

Two aspects of the genetics, besides the long flowering time offered a challenge:

1) They were more susceptible to botryis than I anticipated for such a tropical strain with loose buds - I had this issue on the indoor grow only. There were other long flowering sats, hazes... grown along side them, and everything else faired better. It was not serious, but something to watch, and good air circulation is recommended.

2) Outside they were spider mite magnets. Again, grown along side multiple other strains these girls were the most suseptible. I use various preditory mites as control, and it could be this strain just didn't provide the suitable host plant compared to others for the preditory mites?

Continued in the next post. Enjoy!

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
TLT Punto Rojo

TLT Punto Rojo

TLT Punto Rojo report (Part 2):

Here is a run down of the smells coming off a few of the plants as they grew out to give you an idea of the olfactory end of things:

Early Flower: Cucumber, unripe melon, lime
Late Flower: Burnt caramel, peanut butter, cheap perfume
Harvest: Pink chalky candy beads that came on a necklace when we were kids
1 Month Cure: Strong black tea, citrus, spearmint, perfume - not pleasant, a bit cloying to the nose

Early Flower: Spicy lime, green mango, marquissa, cheap cologne, fruity notes
Late Flower: Sweet yeasty bread, mango, floral
Harvest: Caraway, lemon, floral
1 Month Cure: Perfume, insecticide, sweet tart candy - again not very attractive

Effects:

The onset of the high (vaping) is pretty immediate, like an atmospheric shift in the room your in. Smooth smoke. Artistic, and motivating in spurts, but with a very introverted "space out" component. You need to have a set agenda for the post smoke session if you want to get anything done, else you will may start 10 different things and finish none.

The cola on top is the PR, the 2 at the bottom are Super Lao x PR

From a different grow:

Medium strong sativa. Didn't find any real standouts strength wise, but did find one that was pure hay, and one that had a very flat and boring high. Most were pretty good though. Keep in mind that I am almost exclusively smoking pretty good 100% long flowering sats as my day to day smokes, and this is what I am comparing them to.

I think this strains strength, as with a lot of the landraces, is in its hybridization with other strains. I crossed and grew out some Super Lao x PR, and some (Lilly x MangoBiche) x PR... And in both these cases the offspring had an extra something, and were definitely strong - very good weed. The down side of both these crosses were that they were slower to flower than either parent - the SuperLao x PR dragging out to between 20 and 21 weeks, but a nice enough of a smoke for me to keep a mother plant :)

Oh - and they can get big:

Enjoy!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks shiroshi. A lot of info to work with. It seems to be trippy but maybe not acid trippy? I have only grown one Punto Rojo by way of ACE. Really strong but dysfunctional and not that trippy. Maybe a pheno hunt is the way to go.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Hey Yesum,

I'd describe the high as very dreamy, rather than trippy. There can be a bit of the sense that - all the air was transformed into a clear warm breathable liquid, and events go along at a more leasurely pace, you can focus intensely on a thing or task, almost to the exclusion of everything else, and then suddenly with the vaguries of a shifting breeze flip your focus to something completely different, abandoning all thought of where you once were. So in a way, it keeps me very present, but only in a very narrow bandwidth and for a limited time.

My prefered weed is that which motivates and inspires me in the arts and in nature, so the shifting focus and introvertion of PR can be a hinderance to actually achieving much in those areas, hence it is not my daily smoke, but one I do like to visit. I do like the dreamy aspect of it, and can see how a cross with a nice mexican would be very intriguing, or an overly electric Thai for that matter

RED 1

You are welcome to taste KA5H my friend :)
I'm not too sure about the evergreens,I asked for ones that can withstand high summer temperatures,and,want to use a couple for "wind breakers"
First attempt with seeds in soil
38N is made for sativas,hazes.Risky when illegal, but when tripping, last thing on my mind
I've travelled a lot myself F2F,and,my travels came to an "end",when I found 2 seeds,3yrs ago, in a bud offered to me
Same balcony, no ICMag,grew two greek landrace sativas that summer
My first ever grow
Strains I'm left to grow after a recent storm, are my kind of high
Thank you my friend
Struggling,personally with constant heatwaves,but all is good
My little Zam for your viewing pleasure
P.S Vermontman has tried my greek landrace seeds

My first grow Greek Landraces
Zamaldelicas (bottom left of GT Thai)

Attachments

• IMG_2419 2.jpg
    IMG_2419 2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200905_102354.jpg
    IMG_20200905_102354.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200905_105731.jpg
    IMG_20200905_105731.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 17

RED 1

Golden Tiger Thai Dom

Golden Tiger Thai Dom

Defoliated,in flower
African high

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_123609.jpg
    IMG_20200905_123609.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200905_125114.jpg
    IMG_20200905_125114.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 24

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice PP. This will be a cool run. Big buds and blessings.

Peace
F2F

Thanks F2F! The clones are not completely the same size, as i just tried to cut off as many clones as possible from the mother, but i think it will be a good run all in all. This round i want to let them flower for a bit over 70 Days, last round i cut them down at Day 58 or 59 Days. I want to see how the high changes with a few Days more. Also less heat this time will be good i guess. :)