What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

H

Hu73

Pineapple Punch, Awesome health on the young plants, hope they give you some good results.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Pineapple Punch, Awesome health on the young plants, hope they give you some good results.

Thank you Hu73! :)

It seems Tissue Culture brings a lot of vigour to young plants, good for old cuts like the core cut or jaggen. I don't do the Tissue Culture procedure myself, i bought them at my local Cloneshop! And i really think they will switch completely to TC in the Future to reduce the costs. They don't need the amount of motherplants like before, you can produce thousands of clones out of one plant in a relatively short time!

Kumaoni RSC

40th day veranda outdoor:

himalayan strain

thought it was more indica influenced due the latitude of this strain

will see what will happen with growing about the look of the leaves

should do fine also with temp drop considering that it is a high mountain strain..should end in december.. here @ 40°N

green vibes

yoss33

Veteran
Ace's Guatemala
picture.php

picture.php

B

blue_tick

greengenes/verdantgreen cherry bomb tropical fruit/fruity pheno must come from the maui side. reproduction in progress on her lowers

picture.php
picture.php

peace

idiit

Veteran
Amnesia Core Cut, not a pure Sativa but still a nice Plant. Both Plants are the exact same cut, the only difference is, the Plant on the left side was produced with Tissue Culture and the right one with a conventional cloning method! Pineapple_Punch
picture.php

pineapple punch, that's a really important post.

B

blue_tick

Hello there! If I may. Would love to know more about genetic background on your Cherry bomb genetics. Is she he stable?

hey brother here is a thread greengenes and verdant talk about this cherry bomb i have. i just couldn't pass up making a bunch more of these. i can post a pic of the male if interested in seeing him upright as i laid this one on her side. the female i am posting is the red stem one.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60794&page=7

danishoes21

Hello fellow growers, Im new to the community but I have been growing for 4 years now. I want to post a picture from my latest grow. It is a Sativa cross that I have been working with for two years now, started with a BC Mango (KC Mango [KC 33] x BC Mango[indica]). To the female BC Mango I crossed it with a Jamaican Sativa (unknown genetic, seed I got while in Jamaica.)

This is the first genaration Bc Mango cross pheno. Currently flowering.

picture.php

One week after previous picture.
picture.php

vermontman

Preservaton Dudes Acapulco Gold

Preservaton Dudes Acapulco Gold

Again all beautiful plants above,
Buds after a couple month cure the smell is amazing. Last picture is same plant regenerated ready to make cuttings and working on tissue culture trials. Not sure what's in her genetics, but she is certainly a keeper.
If anyone one here has more info on Preservation dudes work on this I'm all ears.

Attachments

• ACAPULCO GOLD 006.jpg
    ACAPULCO GOLD 006.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 35
  • ACAPULCO GOLD 038.jpg
    ACAPULCO GOLD 038.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 29
  • ACAPULCO GOLD 028.jpg
    ACAPULCO GOLD 028.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 33
  • ACAPULCO GOLD 032.jpg
    ACAPULCO GOLD 032.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ACAPULCO GOLD 050.jpg
    ACAPULCO GOLD 050.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28

satva

Veteran
Hello there! If I may. Would love to know more about genetic background on your Cherry bomb genetics. Is she he stable?

Beautiful plants flboy!

Vermontman, as flboy says Mr Greengenes started Cherry Bomb with a few late 1970's Maui Wowie seeds that came thru New York City.

For a couple of years, I grew, so called, - Maui Wowie that came thru New York City in about 1972 - 1974 - cured flowers were bright orange.

I smoked homegrown Maui Wowie for many years. Homegrown Maui Wowie in mid-flower smelled like a pine forest after a spring rain. Early 1970's Maui Wowie was my favorite smoke from the 1970's. Some speculate that Maui Wowie was a Red Haired Mexican - (Highland Oaxacan x Punto Rojo Colombian) that was grown on Maui.

The high from early 1970's Maui Wowie was a psycedelic, feel good euphoric high. Not as intense and mind altering high as the Colombian that came thru New York City in the late 1960's and early 1970's. I spent much of the 1970's high on Colombian and homegrown Maui Wowie.

Today I've been smoking homegrown Punto Rojo for over a year. Punto Rojo is my favorite Colombian, but not as euphoric as Maui Wowie, (or something like that)! My homegrown Maui Wowie flower stalks looked like flboy's plants, (well maybe not that good), but lots of long Mexican looking flower stalks.

Here is the story quoted from Mr. Greengenes on the origin and development of Cherry Bomb.

"Here's the story on CB. A NYC dealer friend of mine found a few seeds in a LB of Maui Wowee about '78. He let me look through the rest of the LB and we found a total of 7. I forget the ratio, but in those days I was getting hip to my present methods, so I used all the boys and saved seeds from all the ladies. There was a bit of variation. My favorite plant was a high yielding, beautiful red stemmed, cherry lifesaver tasting plant I named Cherry Bomb. I didn't backcross, but I did save the original CB plant for a few years to help in comparisons for future generations. I'm not certain, but I think CB is around F20 to F22 now. Inbred all the way, no outcrosses in 32 years. Because I included as many suitable plants as possible in each generation, I maintained enough variation to improve quite a few traits over time. CB is at least as high yielding now, probably more. It's more potent now, but the potency hides some of the nice fruity flavor. Bud structure is improved. CB was always a very tough, hardy, easy to grow strain.

PS> Mr. Greengenes also speculates that Maui Wowie was Thai-like. I have an Oaxacan in early flower that is Thai-like, viney growth, asymetrical branching, wispy flowers, no real flower stalks. Many Oaxacan sativa hazy phenotypes flower in long columns along the stalks. My brothers friend grew Oaxacan that grew in every which direction, into the size of small two story houses. He smoked that Oaxacan for 10 years. Oaxacan was his favorite. Maui Wowie was my favorite.

PPS> Nostalgia, back to 1976. My brother and I are in the backyard he's trimming Oaxacan flowerstalks and I'm trimmin not so huge Maui Wowie flower tops the size of your forearm. My connoisseur friend calls all excited, hey satva, "You got to meet me at Ralph's house, he's got some killer Thai Stick". Sorry dude, I'm smoking with my brother, I'll have to pass on the Thai Sticks, besides, I'm too high to drive, and even a riding a bicycle seems iffy. Okay I'll drive you guys. You the man, they better be good! They were good, a bit better than what we were smoking. I was all set to buy and ounce of Thai Stick, then I hear $15 / stick the size of my finger. I looked at my brother and he just rolls his eyes. My connoisseur friend bought one or two and off we went.

My brother was pissed about this adventure as he still had a pile of Oaxacan flower stalks to trim. I say, "Hey bro, to make it up to you, we'll smoke some Maui Wowie sift." After a bowl of the Maui Wowie sift. He asks," Is LSD this good?"

I say, "No, but LSD is much stronger and the high lasts for 14 hours."

Last edited:

vermontman

Sounds wonderful

Sounds wonderful

Beautiful plants flboy!

Vermontman, as flboy says Mr Greengenes started Cherry Bomb with a few late 1970's Maui Wowie seeds that came thru New York City.

For a couple of years, I grew so called Maui Wowie that came thru New York City in about 1972 - 1974 cured it was bright orange.

I smoked homegrown Maui Wowie for many years. My homegrown Maui Wowie in mid-flower it smelled like a pine forest after a spring rain. That early 1970's Maui Wowie was my favorite smoke from the 1970's. Some speculate that Maui Wowie was a Red Haired Mexican which is (Highland Oaxacan x Punto Rojo Colombian) that was grown in Maui.

In any case the high from the early 1970's Maui Wowie was a psycedelic, feel good and euphoric high that was not as intense and mind altering high as the Colombian that came thru New York City in the late 1960's and early 1970's. I spent much of the 1970's high on Colombian, and homegrown Maui Wowie. Today I've been smoking homegrown Punto Rojo for over a year. Punto Rojo is my favorite Colombian, but not as euphoric as Maui Wowie, (or something like that)!

My homegrown Maui Wowie flower stalks looked like flboy's plants, (well maybe not that good), but lots of long Mexican looking flower stalks.

Here is the story quoted from Mr. Greengenes on the origin and development of Cherry Bomb.

"Here's the story on CB. A NYC dealer friend of mine found a few seeds in a LB of Maui Wowee about '78. He let me look through the rest of the LB and we found a total of 7. I forget the ratio, but in those days I was getting hip to my present methods, so I used all the boys and saved seeds from all the ladies. There was a bit of variation. My favorite plant was a high yielding, beautiful red stemmed, cherry lifesaver tasting plant I named Cherry Bomb. I didn't backcross, but I did save the original CB plant for a few years to help in comparisons for future generations. I'm not certain, but I think CB is around F20 to F22 now. Inbred all the way, no outcrosses in 32 years. Because I included as many suitable plants as possible in each generation, I maintained enough variation to improve quite a few traits over time. CB is at least as high yielding now, probably more. It's more potent now, but the potency hides some of the nice fruity flavor. Bud structure is improved. CB was always a very tough, hardy, easy to grow strain.

PS> Mr. Greengenes also speculates that Maui Wowie was Thai-like. I have an Oaxacan in early flower that is Thai-like, viney growth, asymetrical branching, wispy flowers, no real flower stalks. Many Oaxacan sativa hazy phenotypes flower in long columns along the stalks. My brothers friend grew Oaxacan that grew in every which direction, into the size of small two story houses. He smoked that for 10 years, he must have liked it, i like the Maui Wowie.

PPS> Nostalgia, back to 1976. My brother and I are in the backyard he's trimming Oaxacan flowerstalks and I'm trimmin not so huge Maui Wowie flower tops the size of your forearm. My connoisseur friend calls all excited, hey satva, "You got to meet me at Ralph's house, he's got some killer Thai Stick". Sorry dude, I'm smoking with my brother, I'll have to pass on the Thai Sticks, besides, I'm too high to drive, and even a riding a bicycle seems iffy. Okay I'll drive you guys. You the man, they better be good! They were good, a bit better than what we were smoking. I was all set to buy and ounce of Thai Stick, then I hear $15 / stick the size of my finger. I looked at my brother and he just rolls his eyes. My connoisseur friend bought one or two and off we went.

My brother was pissed about this adventure as he still had this huge pile of Oaxacan flower stalks to trim. I say, Hey bro, to make it up to you, we'll smoke some Maui Wowie sift. After a bowl of the Maui Wowie sift, he looks at me and says, Is LSD this good? I say no, but LSD is much stronger and keeps you high for 14 hours.

Hello Satva
Thank you so much for putting forth all that information.
Greatly appreciated!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again all beautiful plants above,
Buds after a couple month cure the smell is amazing. Last picture is same plant regenerated ready to make cuttings and working on tissue culture trials. Not sure what's in her genetics, but she is certainly a keeper.
If anyone one here has more info on Preservation dudes work on this I'm all ears.

Looking good. Have a smoke report to go with it?

idiit

Veteran
Looking good. Have a smoke report to go with it?

yes he does. :)

buds grown under leds have a different final outcome than under other light sources.

preservation dude's ag is getting very interesting as a final product.

genetics still unknown as vermontman stated.

Latest posts

Latest posts