Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is aussiebred, maos from Mr. Wallyduck. wonderful south asian influence and vibe in my garden. I enjoy growing these plants soooo much! many thanks brother.
picture.php

led05

Chasing The Present
The big surprise of this years outdoor run

Earlier this year my son started a bunch of Grape Ape x Berry White seeds. He asked for a spot to grow them, and I declined. He took them to his cousins.
Later he started a dozen other seeds, that he was calling Shiva. I said "Oh great, another heavy Indica with mixed reviews. But this time I set him up with his own garden.( I get half).

So Im looking at these plants grow, and scratching my head. It sure didn't look like a Indica to me. I called him last night, and he said he got them as bag seed from a guy that said they were very special seeds. The name of them was a female name, that my son cant remember. He will be contacting the guy who gave them to him, for more information. Ill tell you all later.

Yep these plants were the surprise of the garden this year. There are 5 females and 2 males. I have already collected the pollen

beautiful plant... it almost feels like a lineage story is being born in the making here....haha... just playing, very lovely plant indeed

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
beautiful plant... it almost feels like a lineage story is being born in the making here....haha... just playing, very lovely plant indeed

I get really excited about special Sativas, and Hazes.

I begrudgingly put those plants in the ground thinking they were substandard Indicas. Imagine my surprise when they began throwing out skinny saw blade leaves. My imagination is running wild! The thought of Lemon, Mango, Incense, spice, and other exotic flavors! And a SOARING high to boot! Yes I am excited. A total surprise. The biggest this year.

I cloned them, and also sprayed 1 lower branch each with STS. I also collected pollen from 2 of them.
Its kind of rare to see such pronounced serrations on a thin leaf like that.

Ill let you guys know just as soon as I begin to smell terpenes :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
mextasy

mextasy

wonderful connection between amazing selection of haze by Tom Hill, really great line with so special vibe, and genial oaxacan hybrid by Charlie Garcia. the most loud haze terps I have ever experienced..
picture.php

Digger102

I'm slowly but surely making my way through the first R.U.S.T. thread, currently on page 62. @motaco, I cant send private messages yet, but when I can lessier lez bon ton rouler! LOL Do you still keep in touch with redrider?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
This is the trained Queen Mother canopy, just starting to show pistils.
View Image
wow looks really great!
so much work you spend into... respect!
well she looks totally different than the two I had...
really looks like a Zamal with these slender leaf's.
expect a long flower time for this pheno...
and it's Queen Mother from Delicatessen?
thx
M.:tiphat:

NENugger

Yes MadMac, I bought the seeds through ACE. Dubi told us in the Queen Mother thread that Mario the breeder of Queen Mother left Delicatessen and doesn't know where he landed. Last time I looked ACE only had a couple packs of QM left.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm worried it will finish in time, even at 8 weeks, if it goes longer there will be snow on the buds.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Yes MadMac, I bought the seeds through ACE. Dubi told us in the Queen Mother thread that Mario the breeder of Queen Mother left Delicatessen and doesn't know where he landed. Last time I looked ACE only had a couple packs of QM left.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm worried it will finish in time, even at 8 weeks, if it goes longer there will be snow on the buds.

well I'm sure she will go longer... you should cover her with plastic then...
congrads you've found a very rar Zamal pheno you should keep!
you can still make cut's ... she will survive and shine next year again :)
thx for sharing!

and btw. can you make some close up's?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@ Dr Purpur
nice bud shot's...
now she looks like a Oaxacan or Punto Rojo... or maybe a OT1-Haze
while resin on leaf's so early ... ot1-haze
but @ the end you will smell if haze or not ;-)
great find & looking forward...
all the best

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Two sativa crosses, Kali Mist and Bangi Haze, each with really good sativa highs were bred to each other and this is the most sativa looking offspring. From my perspective, the ultimate sativa ripens outdoors where I live:
View Image
ThaiBliss
Greetings,

This is a freshly rooted cutting from the Kali Mist Bangi Haze cross. The mother plant is pictured in the previous post quoted above. Sometimes the rooting shows a look that you might not see at other stages of life:
picture.php

To me, this really shows it's S.E. Asian heritage. I get excited about the phenotypical looks since I remember how the plants looked when I was attempting to grow tropical exotics from my early childhood starting at 10 years old, almost 50 years ago. When I see similarities from strains back then, I'm encouraged that I'm on the right track.

The aroma of this plant very citric. It smells like tangerine or orange marmalade. I say marmalade because it has an earthy/piney background to it. It reminds me of currants made into jam with orange. Another plant I grew that smelled like this was Gypsy Thai x Mullumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze. It changed to incense/frankincense when it got ripe, but the orange marmalade came through again when it started drying. After a good cure, it changed to a bitter citric and tea aroma, which brought back memories Thai Stick. I can only hope this has a similar trajectory. This plant does not smell at all like the Kali Mist mother.

The breeders of Kali Mist have done a great job capturing the vibe of the Thai Stick high. It may not be in the same class in potency, but it is rare that the Thai Stick feeling comes through any hybridization of those S.E. Asian genetics. I know the heritage of Kali Mist is most commonly thought of as Cambodian, but I have a lot more experience with Thai Stick, and that is my reference point.

My friend did a very good job of selecting the right Kali Mist individual to save as a cutting. You know who you are buddy! Thanks again for sharing. We went at each other about differing opinions on flushing and fertilizing regiments, but became friends anyway. This says a lot about his character.
:biggrin:

If the results show nearly as good quality and potency of the original Kali Mist plant, I will be thrilled to breed it to a parallel line with Nanan Bouclou in it. Bangi Haze and SAGE are some of the genetics in common with both lines. I hope to end up with a super charged Bangi Haze line when it's all over. Quality and potency is primary, earliness is secondary. The rest is just interesting observations.

ThaiBliss

Latest posts

Latest posts