What's new

Reversed Backcrossing:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Rick,

I edited my post because I am not sure we can even call your S1 a donor parent. But yeah, more importance should be placed on the selection of the recurrent parent in backcrossing programs. There is no work done on a donor parent, it it used once to pollinate the recurrent parent and that's it.

Clones are not genetic markers.

I also feel you are assuming many traits are complexly inherited when they may not be, and there is much talk in this thread that seems wild speculation to me. And my head hurts now so I'll retire from this for a while.

Back to square one, self the damn plant and see what happens. :D

il self it this week,,,no more chit chat now

i didnt relize you thought it was so wild

K

kopite

Hay kopite ,,,,do you agree with cols post ,,,,creating IBL lines from elite clones

yes Rick this has been done before, although for you I would concentrate on seeing what the S1 generation provides 1st and foremost !!!

Kopite

C

cork144

the IBL route is what i am going through, but im going to be using best select S1's to outcross with substitute f2 fathers,

then use an S1xF2 father back onto the cheese, create ibl's from there.

H

heavy dank nugg

just wondering how your tranny incest party is shaping up....still dont approve. ah well keep chucking your hemie pollen in the u.k. just keep it over there.( hey everyone im gonna stress the living hell out of my elite cut and force it to hermie so i can find more plants to stress out and hermie so then i can pollinate my orginal clone with the excat same hermie pollen but from a diff. hermie. and im going to call it reverse bx ing ) ) what your doing is not backcrossing or out crossing. its pollen chucking with hermies.

C

cork144

just wondering how your tranny incest party is shaping up....still dont approve. ah well keep chucking your hemie pollen in the u.k. just keep it over there.( hey everyone im gonna stress the living hell out of my elite cut and force it to hermie so i can find more plants to stress out and hermie so then i can pollinate my orginal clone with the excat same hermie pollen but from a diff. hermie. and im going to call it reverse bx ing ) ) what your doing is not backcrossing or out crossing. its pollen chucking with hermies.

dont know about your cuts in the us, but the cheese is almost bullet proof to herming, you NEED chemicals to get this girl to flap balls, alot of the offspring should still prove to be true females simply because the cheese is true breeding, 21 year old genetics in a clone mate..

the right selection of the true females and using chemicals to enduce male flowers, ISNT hermie pollenchucking.

C

cork144

Well then this topic should no longer interest you, as you disagree with it, so it would be wasting your time and everybody elses if you continued posting negative vibes.

peacefull place please.:joint:

Azra'eil

these methods can ruin the cannabis gene pools don't you think ? i think
testing and experimenting are good but do we really need all this unnatural things to smoke good herbs or create fantastic seeds or plants ? i don't think so.....

C

cork144

these methods can ruin the cannabis gene pools don't you think ? i think
testing and experimenting are good but do we really need all this unnatural things to smoke good herbs or create fantastic seeds or plants ? i don't think so.....

unnatural? from what ive seen of pure thai, good luck trying not to grow a hermie... the intersex genes are locked into the plants DNA and genes, theres nothing un-natural about hermies at all.

Azra'eil

i partially agree with you but im talking about stressing plants with or without chemical to produce something, im not for this agriculture methods and i work in this field...its just my opinion, we have enough to play with "traditionnal" breedings techniks i think, fems seeds has overflow the cannabis world and can create and probably already create problem, like the gmo things even i must admit is not the same things but just a little comparison

C

cork144

i partially agree with you but im talking about stressing plants with or without chemical to produce something, im not for this agriculture methods and i work in this field...its just my opinion, we have enough to play with "traditionnal" breedings techniks i think, fems seeds has overflow the cannabis world and can create and probably already create problem, like the gmo things even i must admit is not the same things but just a little comparison

well i can agree with the too many fem seeds, i wouldnt want to breed fem seeds probably because it is very hard to avoid herming seeds, but i respect ricks aspirations on the subject and i feel some realy nice clones may flow about the uk from it, or even better a very well established fem seedline.

H

heavy dank nugg

Well then this topic should no longer interest you, as you disagree with it, so it would be wasting your time and everybody elses if you continued posting negative vibes.

peacefull place please.:joint:

preserving the cannibus gene pool intrests me. trying to stop someone from pissing and spiting all over it. intrests me. showing someone that they are slapping the face of true REAL breeders. intrests me. your sesitivity to my disagreement... dose not intrest me... chuck that hermie pollen... enjoy your hermie weed.

Colina

By Sam ---> " I have been selfing plants for more than a decade, it is a very useful tool."

By Charles---> "Anyone who poo-poos female to female pairings don't quite know what they're talking about; it is an indispensable and oft used tool for solidly fixing complex linked traits"

Have a nice day...

H

heavy dank nugg

By Sam ---> " I have been selfing plants for more then a decade, it is a very useful tool."

By Charles---> "Anyone who poo-poos female to female pairings don't quite know what they're talking about; it is an indispensable and oft used tool for solidly fixing complex linked traits"

Have a nice day...

wow you told me. but the thing is thats not all hes doing. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hes creating hermies to bx back to a hermie...
i dont really care if you have a nice day.

Azra'eil

By Sam ---> " I have been selfing plants for more than a decade, it is a very useful tool."

Have a nice day...

in my opinion we have to be careful with this but yes its a tool, but its depends on which hands it is....so hobbist, be careful

H

heavy dank nugg

oppps sam forgot to mention ( or you forgot to post ) the part about how forcing a dormant gene into dominence means its now a dominant gene in the progrency

Azra'eil

from one of sams topics on female to female breeding.

and i think its easy to just quote other members or breeder, there is a big difference between theory and practice in breeding, in my humble opinion, but lets see, all in all its important to have personnal projects, i wait englishrick pratice

H

heavy dank nugg

ok heres a example..... how do you breed pure bread pitbulls? not by impregnating a purebread pit with the sperm of a pit/ lab mutt.
then taking the mutt and impregnating it with another purebread...... am i right....... yes

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok heres a example..... how do you breed pure bread pitbulls? not by impregnating a purebread pit with the sperm of a pit/ lab mutt.
then taking the mutt and impregnating it with another purebread...... am i right....... yes

What are you talking about? Nobodies talking about breading Dank Ass OGpimpin pit bulls. You don't comprehend the subject matter so move on.
Now I've added another lame ass post to this thread.

My apologies to the people that are discussing the topic.

Latest posts

Latest posts