What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Return of the Yogurt Cup Challenge; Winter 2017

Return of the Yogurt Cup Challenge; Winter 2017

• sforza

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • dropped cat

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • bugman

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • doubletripleOG

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • west eu

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I took pics on Sunday and keep forgetting to put them up. Tomorrow morning for sure when im on my desktop.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Here she is. Already getting her stretch on.

picture.php

I wanted to run this as a regular size plant, because I found a killer pheno last year. So I'm gonna try and re-veg it after the contest and see if I can make it happen.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm so down for trying this contest again. I don't eat yogurt. So what size container can I use instead of a yogurt cup in order to sill be in the contest? I have plenty of little pots I can use.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm so down for trying this contest again. I don't eat yogurt. So what size container can I use instead of a yogurt cup in order to sill be in the contest? I have plenty of little pots I can use.

same volume applies to tiny non yogurt containers... 250ml max volume

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can I use 250ml fabric pots instead of plastic ones? If I can, I will definitely use those instead of plastic ones.

it's been done before
in order to maintain the spirit of the challenge irc someone made a tiny fabric pot and put it inside a yogurt cup, so yo uare technically in the approved container AND your fabric pot

i suggest reading thru the old yogurt cup contests to see what other people have done in the past - will help answer questions like this and you probably will pick up some good micro-container growing tips and tricks along the way

:tiphat:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
it's been done before
in order to maintain the spirit of the challenge irc someone made a tiny fabric pot and put it inside a yogurt cup, so yo uare technically in the approved container AND your fabric pot

i suggest reading thru the old yogurt cup contests to see what other people have done in the past - will help answer questions like this and you probably will pick up some good micro-container growing tips and tricks along the way

:tiphat:

yea i remember someone making a small fabric pot awhile back.
ill try to remember to take a pic tonight.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya i remember it was made out of red felt, and fit perfectly inside of a yogurt cup....

challenge acceptedfrom the south

challenge acceptedfrom the south

I sure hope plants grow good in yogurt cuz i am lactose intolerant!!! pic coming soon

Popice

i wanted to enter this so bad, but life, moving; definately in for another once im settled. anyway ill probly stick around and keep watching. happy growingg to everyone!

Garuda

Veteran
I'm in too, it'll be one Blumat-driven Yogi running a Fart of the gods #2 ((Double Fun x Double Dutch) x Original Haze) clone.*

Beware!

:D

*@39W LED

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I'm out, got raided.

Super shitty to hear man. I know the feeling all too well. Hope they let you off easy, like they did me.

So apparently I'm doing updates every Wednesday, lol. Checked the last time I posted a pic and it was last Wednesday. Took this pic last night. Think I need to bump the food up some. She is under 2k of HPS after all :laughing:

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The yogurt challenge is on! These little guys are a total mystery. I have been having issues getting some seeds to germinate so I grabbed a few from my mixed seed stash. These could be anything from commercial Mexican to an S1 found from the dispensary. I tried to grab the four biggest seeds that all looked similar. These were simply dropped into the yogurt cups and watered in. Since these are total mystery, they will simply be referred to by their flavors, Peach, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Cherry.
picture.php

The capillary mat is working pretty good except one cup, Blueberry, was getting dry. I changed the "res" and watered the dry cup. I'm trying synthetic nutrients for these guys. A sort of "hydro" setup. I have very little experience as I prefer to use organic based nutrients. So they got a nice light mix of Superthrive, Shultz 10-15-10, and SM-90. I then adjusted the pH to about 5.8. They are getting a spot around the 150W CMH bulb. They will only get a few weeks veg time until the screen is nice and full, then they will get flipped with the rest of the cab.