What's new

Resurrecting DJs blueberry

how much does it cost to produce a single seed of cannabis? 5 cents? 10 cents?

let's just say it's 10 cents for arguments sake. that means it would cost $20 on behalf of Djshort and co. to hook up ozz with 200 blueberry seeds so he has over a 100% chance of finding blueberry seeds to prove to the world through third party testing that he found a keeper that brought back the glory of the 90's.

So, you're trying to tell me Dj short can't spare $20 to prove once and for all that gems can be found in blueberry f5 seeds!?

he can't spare $20 to save his brand!? What the hell kind of business is that.

Noooooo… I'm suppoced to have faith *rolls eyes*

OZZ_

Veteran
hehe. no... its consistent work of years, decades... and incredible genetic library... 50 bucks for pack is very cheap... there are lines without mutants, just search a little..

How do I buy directly from DJ? I just dropped $160 for a single pack of BB, $120 for a pack of flo, and another $280 for a pack of newberry. Wouldn’t mind picking up a few cheaper packs to dollar cost average my price down because these beans are super expensive.

$50/pack is very fair

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
how much does it cost to produce a single seed of cannabis? 5 cents? 10 cents?

let's just say it's 10 cents for arguments sake. that means it would cost $20 on behalf of Djshort and co. to hook up ozz with 200 blueberry seeds so he has over a 100% chance of finding blueberry seeds to prove to the world through third party testing that he found a keeper that brought back the glory of the 90's.

So, you're trying to tell me Dj short can't spare $20 to prove once and for all that gems can be found in blueberry f5 seeds!?

he can't spare $20 to save his brand!? What the hell kind of business is that.

Noooooo… I'm suppoced to have faith *rolls eyes*

DJ started his work in the late 70's and in those days the consequences for growing were hard time. 40 some odd years of work, money, massive risk, he has been burned by every seed company known to man. Yet he still releases these unique genetics, in regular seed, giving the grower the opportunity to buy seed once. He sells packs for 40$

The seed co mark up the packs. They are the ones making the money, not DJ.

So after 40 years of work, going through hell and back to offer some of the finest cannabis in the world in seed form, he needs to GIVE AWAY seed, to PROVE something to you, and SAVE his company?? Classic self entitlement.

He has nothing to prove to anyone, and we should all be thankful he still works with cannabis with his unique skills and offers these unique genetics.

DJ owes nothing, we growers in the know owe him more than we could repay.

Please show some respect.

Golden Tree

DJ started his work in the late 70's and in those days the consequences for growing were hard time. 40 some odd years of work, money, massive risk, he has been burned by every seed company known to man. Yet he still releases these unique genetics, in regular seed, giving the grower the opportunity to buy seed once. He sells packs for 40$

So after 40 years of work, going through hell and back to offer some of the finest cannabis in the world in seed form, he needs to GIVE AWAY seed, to PROVE something to you, and SAVE his company?? Classic self entitlement.

He has nothing to prove to anyone, and we should all be thankful he still works with cannabis with his unique skills and offers these unique genetics.

Agree 1000%✌️

THANK YOU DJ!❤️

OZZ_

Veteran

I agree with what is said here, and obviously paying that much ($160/pack) I believe is worth it because I paid it. I really want to work with these genetics. That being said if I can buy them for $40-$50/pack I need to do this as I could easily buy three times more to work with.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I sent a message on the “contact me” section of his website, but I’m not sure that’s the appropriate avenue.

Schwinn- I started this thread to start constructive dialogue about his genetics. I think everyone is aware of your position. At this point it’s becoming a bit counter productive and insulting other members and pointing fingers really doesn’t help much, in fact it’s going to drive people away from sharing their experiences. I think you’ve said your piece.

I have not worked with his genetics yet, but I’m looking forward to doing so and I do hope I find my keeper pheno Blueberry I remember from the 90’s. If I come up short so be it. I just want to know how to go about buying from DJ directly as at this point it is becoming much more pricey and price is severely limiting my capacity to properly pheno hunt. $50/pack is extremely reasonable. Someone tell me how please? Lol

Thanks in advance! :tiphat::dance013:

Scrappy-doo

^^^ Amen!

Mr. J

I wish I knew where these $50 DJ packs are. First seeds I ever bought were DJ Short Blueberry and I paid $225 if I remember correctly, and that was waaaaay back in '98 or '99. Might have been 2000. That was a lot of money for a kid, a full weeks pay pumping gas. The knockoffs were only $50 but I went with the real deal.

Morphote

Veteran
$50/pack is extremely reasonable. Someone tell me how please?

DJ taught a class at a dispensary in Pasadena. Class cost $200 for 3 days. At the end of the class seeds were available for a $50 donation. If you can find another class anywhere on the west coast that would be your best bet. Wonderful man, great stories, with exceptional genetics. After growing his BB and Whitaker Blues I can say with complete confidence that they’re worth $200 a pack. I’m ok if anyone disagrees with me.

M.

elanius

Veteran
DJ taught a class at a dispensary in Pasadena. Class cost $200 for 3 days. At the end of the class seeds were available for a $50 donation. If you can find another class anywhere on the west coast that would be your best bet. Wonderful man, great stories, with exceptional genetics. After growing his BB and Whitaker Blues I can say with complete confidence that they’re worth $200 a pack. I’m ok if anyone disagrees with me.

M.

I cannot agree more Morphote. I was on his class in Pasadena about 10 years ago, bought few packs of Vanilluna, Blueberry and Flo each for 50$ a pack. There were also clones of his mother plants, was thinking hard about taking them with me to Europe, but eventually decided not to...considering the US customs hehe. Dj has very old school character, as unique as his genetics. It was great experience to see him talk about old days. After he saw my passion for his genetics, especially the NLD, he casually gave me bud of Acapulco Gold, which his friend is growing in the California hills from clone for many years...strong as hell, but must say, I liked his F13 (buds from his keeeper) much more, incredible weed. My GF told me she felt like this is another drug, mdma of some sort, great feel good high with that Hazey after effect when world is very peaceful and full of bliss.

BigPhil

Veteran
UK Blueberry I remember had some slight blue hues. Smelt and tasted of blueberry muffins. Not like a little bit was highly noticeable. Was some blue cheese floating about as well around the same time. Another quality smoke with both flavours clearly visible. Wasn't the original Blueberry parent's lost in a massive raid in the 90s. Lost loads of classics that have Lost I don't think has been the same since.

DJs BlueBerry at 64 days had a chocolate coffee smell taste
picture.php

Blue Satalite 2.2 Looked amazing. But felt let down on high and smell. Taken at 70 days.
picture.php

Chimera Schnazzleberry2 Blueberry x Chris's skunk. This was grown by HazeLady sent her a gift few years back. High was amazing. Smell was blue fruity. One of the best plants I have grown 2 date. Orginal parents lost. Long lasting high and very relaxing great body high.
picture.php

Last edited:

Waka

UK Blueberry I remember had some slight blue hues. Smelt and tasted of blueberry muffins. Not like a little bit was highly noticeable. Was some blue cheese floating about as well around the same time. Another quality smoke with both flavours clearly visible. Wasn't the original Blueberry parent's lost in a massive raid in the 90s. Lost loads of classics that have Lost I don't think has been the same since.

DJs BlueBerry at 64 days had a chocolate coffee smell taste
View Image

Blue Satalite 2.2 Looked amazing. But felt let down on high and smell. Taken at 70 days.
View Image

Chimera Schnazzleberry2 Blueberry x Chris's skunk. This was grown by HazeLady sent her a gift few years back. High was amazing. Smell was blue fruity. One of the best plants I have grown 2 date. Orginal parents lost. Long lasting high and very relaxing great body high.
View Image

Just gorgeous! Well done!

BigPhil

Veteran
Cheers mate. Wish there was clones floating about of the old Blueberry. Never hear of any in the UK

OZZ_

Veteran
It’s funny this thread came out awhile ago and since then DJ is releasing all his old strains again. I think I’m sitting on like 25-30 BB F5s from him now. Going to do a big blueberry run at some point see if anything good comes from it. Got a bunch of his flo and temple flo too. :)

BigPhil

Veteran
It’s funny this thread came out awhile ago and since then DJ is releasing all his old strains again. I think I’m sitting on like 25-30 BB F5s from him now. Going to do a big blueberry run at some point see if anything good comes from it. Got a bunch of his flo and temple flo too. :)

Good luck man The blueberry pic I showed you of DJ's was grown about 9 years ago

OZZ_

Veteran
Good luck man The blueberry pic I showed you of DJ's was grown about 9 years ago

Thanks bud, it will be awhile I’ve got a ton of genetics to work through but had to have these in the stash :headbange

Hopefully something good will come out of them. Anyone know of any newer grow logs of the BB F5s That have been released recently?

BigPhil

Veteran
I just treated myself to a pack. But got them from a UK site and the picture looked dodgy lol. They could be old stock because most sites over here has sold out of DJ's beans. I know what your saying I got 7 packs of Bodhi beans to go threw. But only 3 of them are high on the list to do