What's new

Resurrecting DJs blueberry

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I do not have photos of the plants because they were all deformed and inbred, but here you can see the photos of the packs and when I buy them, and I will never buy anything from the new dj short work again, just a scammer

those are quite strong words, I am just telling you my experience with velvet krush, and don't understand what you say, and the fact you have no pics of plants, doesn't help at all.

you say first light? okay I will google it wait a while... googling..... okay first find is this, not talk about mutants, pics of various phenos of First Light:
https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-v...gends-seeds/366303-first-light-and-azure-haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
pic of first light from member BlackJack11 , so beautiful!

picture.php

so this is how endogamic weed looks?

I love my endogamic weed dude

fetch

Greatdalas

pic of first light from member BlackJack11 , so beautiful!

picture.php

so this is how endogamic weed looks?

I love my endogamic weed dude

fetch

You could se the deformed leafs and the variegation if you look good.
The plants have simillar aspect than my plants, little buds very resinous with variegation, low grow but 0 taste or smell and no good efect

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
again I don't see any mutants, variegation means nothing. in fact what I see on those pics is strong growth and guy with first light pics say:

After first First Light smoke test, must confess that it is some strong medicine, good for numerous activities.

I sincerely doubt dj short would put out something without taste and without effect, as smoke effects of his genetics are one of the most interesting in cannabis world and weed from his seeds is super tasty. that's my experience and I have pics.

Greatdalas

again I don't see any mutants, variegation means nothing. in fact what I see on those pics is strong growth and guy with first light pics say:

I sincerely doubt dj short would put out something without taste and without effect, as smoke effects of his genetics are one of the most interesting in cannabis world and weed from his seeds is super tasty. that's my experience and I have pics.

Dj short pre 98 work good, but now... No. isn't the same
When you smoke one old real blueberry tell me if these is bad or good
Notice the lighter slits on the leaves and twisted to one side, the 3 varieties had the same slow growth, hollow and purple stems with little or no branching and as I have said several times without any flavor, I have blueberry hybrids from feminized banks with much more flavor than that, such as blueberry headband from Humboldt seeds that closed 1 year ago due to legal problems (the flavor of this hybrid was closer to what blueberry really is, sweet fruty intense blueberry with a little chem / hash profile by the headband)

... blueberry headband from Humboldt seeds that closed 1 year ago due to legal problems (the flavor of this hybrid was closer to what blueberry really is, sweet fruty intense blueberry with a little chem / hash profile by the headband)

Blueberry is:

Alcohols:ethanol, (Z)-3-hexenol (Z)-2-hexenol

Aldehydes: [(Z)-3-hexenal and (Z)-2-hexenal

Terpenes: 1,8-cineole, linalool, limonene, α-terpinolene, or α-terpineol

Esters: ethyl acetate, methyl isovalerate, or ethyl isovalerate, (Z)-3-hexenyl acetate

Ketones: 2-heptanone, 6-methyl-5-hepten-2-one, 2-heptanone, 2-undecanone and 2-nonanone
Hydrocarbons: Octane, ethyl benzene, p-xylene, m-xylene

Fatty acids: Hexanoic acid, octanoic acid, nonanoic acid, decanoic acid

Sequiterpenes: δ-elemene, (E)-caryophyllene, caryophyllene oxide

Norisoprenoids: β-damascenone

Lactones: Butyrolactone

We just gotta figure out what the Chem smells are and we can bend the distillate market into submission. The current standards for fake blueberry weed are embarrassing.

Greatdalas

Blueberry is:

Alcohols:ethanol, (Z)-3-hexenol (Z)-2-hexenol

Aldehydes: [(Z)-3-hexenal and (Z)-2-hexenal

Terpenes: 1,8-cineole, linalool, limonene, α-terpinolene, or α-terpineol

Esters: ethyl acetate, methyl isovalerate, or ethyl isovalerate, (Z)-3-hexenyl acetate

Ketones: 2-heptanone, 6-methyl-5-hepten-2-one, 2-heptanone, 2-undecanone and 2-nonanone
Hydrocarbons: Octane, ethyl benzene, p-xylene, m-xylene

Fatty acids: Hexanoic acid, octanoic acid, nonanoic acid, decanoic acid

Sequiterpenes: δ-elemene, (E)-caryophyllene, caryophyllene oxide

Norisoprenoids: β-damascenone

Lactones: Butyrolactone

We just gotta figure out what the Chem smells are and we can bend the distillate market into submission. The current standards for fake blueberry weed are embarrassing.

The chem/hash taste is for the cross of headband but blueberry ibl no have these chem hash smell /taste

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Notice the lighter slits on the leaves and twisted to one side, the 3 varieties had the same slow growth, hollow and purple stems with little or no branching and as I have said several times without any flavor, I have blueberry hybrids from feminized banks with much more flavor than that, such as blueberry headband from Humboldt seeds that closed 1 year ago due to legal problems (the flavor of this hybrid was closer to what blueberry really is, sweet fruty intense blueberry with a little chem / hash profile by the headband)

nice story construction. stories and hyped expressions. strong suspicion that this is not about plants, but about some antipathy and so on.

you said it several times, that makes it true? you have only pics of packs. no pics of plants, there is strong suspicion you didn't grow it, as when you can take pic of pack, you are able to take pics of twisted seedlings, but maybe we would see plants with deficiencies.. plants not so healthy... plants which are suffering from heat - reason for no flavor, over fertilized plants or using mineral fertilizer etc. it is not genetics for everybody, it is not shame to admit that your ability to grow doesn't include blueberry genetics growing.

we can only speculate :D without pics, we can speculate, you are hater or influencer for competitive seedbank, who knows, just too much speculation about your story. who knows what really happened? you really think it can have some influence? :D hehe

Limeygreen

Veteran
Check out @loyalty7_icmag - I think is the handle on IG.

I'm not trying to be snide or nasty. I took the exact same tone when people tried to tie BOG gear to OG Kush - just stop. LOL.

I love blueberry and I'm not trying to undermine the vibe or thrill of sorting through the work to find a good representation. However, Cookies just isn't Blueberry. Wholly different.

That aside, if anyone is actually finding true blueberry notes -whether that be towards the muffin or artificial sweet candy side - I'm interested in knowing which lines it is surfacing in, which is why I'm following the thread. :joint:

dank.Frank

First light gave me a female that had a very good berry syrup flavour, very nice, new berry was less so but more muted a refined flavours, earthy berry but not too berry light, bit of spice etc.

Greatdalas

nice story construction. stories and hyped expressions. strong suspicion that this is not about plants, but about some antipathy and so on.

you said it several times, that makes it true? you have only pics of packs. no pics of plants, there is strong suspicion you didn't grow it, as when you can take pic of pack, you are able to take pics of twisted seedlings, but maybe we would see plants with deficiencies.. plants not so healthy... plants which are suffering from heat - reason for no flavor, over fertilized plants or using mineral fertilizer etc. it is not genetics for everybody, it is not shame to admit that your ability to grow doesn't include blueberry genetics growing.

we can only speculate :D without pics, we can speculate, you are hater or influencer for competitive seedbank, who knows, just too much speculation about your story. who knows what really happened? you really think it can have some influence? :D hehe

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210817_001730_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	17920754
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210817_001657_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	17920755
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210817_001439_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	17920756
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210817_001736_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	17920757
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210817_001826_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	17920758
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210817_001828_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.3 KB ID:	17920759

For you, that I have found some photo in the old mobile and so that you do not say things that are wrong.
Honestly for me they were one of the worst and most expensive varieties that I have grown, although she is very pretty and many phenotypes do not have badly shaped flowers and eyes.
dj has long since lost the good blueberry genes and is not working well now.
The last half-decent job of his was when he worked with dutch passion but then he was left out of the breeding program when dutch got the genetics and plants with dwarf mutant leaves and a more marked hermaphrodism, and sweeter, less fruity plants were already coming out.
I am neither an influencer nor an enemy of his because I do not know him personally but I spent 1000 $ on his seeds, supposedly also limited edition that later was a lie and I only got garbage, money thrown away, it is my experience.
If you like them because they are beautiful, all for you but it is not good herb for it to be beautiful.
And I do not have excesses or use mineral fertilizers
I use everything organic and I prefer a deficiency to an excess, in any case they are strains that do not assimilate almost nutrients and remain very intense green, so they were fed almost only with water

Dirt Life

Veteran
:bump:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​
Greatdalas, your plants looked great to me, they don't look mutated. With that said though, I'm sorry they didn't please you, that's always dissapointing. I've had it happen a lot over the years with many different lines/seeds/breeders. With that said though, when it comes to DJs blues lines, I wholly disagree with you. I could give a shit about blueberry cake, muffins, bread, pie, whatever, I want that fruity berry tropical EUPHORIC blissful bud... But, that's just me. I am not attacking your opinions, just fyi, I actually know exaclty how you feel.

My most recent blues travels was with Breeders Choice Mix #1... I only got one to grow, and it was male, but a fantastic male... resinous, aromatic, colorful, leggy. I crossed him with a Haze/Skunk, which gave me a great plant, keeper status. BUT, I think there's better in that cross! Anyways, I just bought several more blue, and blue related lines from OWG and several other breeders of blues hybrids, which will be fun to grow and I'm looking forward to them!

Breeders Choice Mix #1 male
picture.jpg

(Hz/Sk) x BCM1
20210729_144119.jpg
20210729_144238.jpg

Icemud

I recently did an open pollination "pollenchuck" with a pack of DJ Short Blueberry F4's using 3 males and 4 females. Wow am I allergic to thai related pollen...OMG...lol.

Out of the 4 females, 1 was very indica dom structured, slow veg, shorter plant, very very dense golfball type buds and this is the only pheno that had fresh blueberry off the bush terps.

The 3 other females had more hybrid type structures and bud characteristics and the terpenes were:
  1. blueberry syrup/waffles,
  2. 80% exotic manderin orange/citrus/ 20% sweet artificial blueberry hints,
  3. 50/50 blend of Sour Citrus and sweet artificial blueberry with hints of cheese/butter.
I didn't sample/smoke any of the buds as they were seeded so I can't comment on the high on these, but I did keep 1 selected pheno based on overall structure, and the blueberry syrup terps... I really wanted to keep the indica dom one, but had to move on to another project and didn't have room. I have seeds from each pheno that I will revisit at a later time.

Short indica dom pheno mid flowering:
20220310_014626.jpg

Blueberry Syrup pheno I decided to keep:
20220310_014629.jpg

Frostiest Pheno with Sour Citrus/Blueberry/Cheese terps:
20220310_014635.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
I disagree with that statement.

I have run old BB. New BB. Grape Krush and F13 originals. Recent F13 repro they released as seven of nine was near the exact same as the originals. Some white on a few leaves on a couple but even a mutant like plant bloomed nice except the plant was a bit too much like the originals as that one popped bannanas in late bloom. Very late and no seed or pollen flying about. Havent tested that one yet but this first one is absolutely amazing and I am hoping to grab another pack if I dont find and seeds in cuts of these 2. Same issue with originals as the male I kept to breed did not want to drop pollen for anything. Same happend with the f5's.

DJ is one of the only breeders left out there I would trust. I do not support knock off Chads out there chucking revs of low quality played out hybrids.

Stick with the old and pure lines.

Wuachuma

*** this is purely theoretical but bear with me ***
Sometimes I find myself thinking that the elusive "F1 Durb" from the cookies incident is actually someone trying to lead people away from the trail. Could it be that a plant from DJs catalogue is actually the missing link in the cookie recipe?
when I see these deep purple colors and the baked good descriptions I find myself pondering?

Notice how Bubba Kush disappeared from the market when Cookies came out?
I see Bubba Kush (Hindu Kush) in Cookies lines.
I also see a bit of DJ Short in there.

I heard from H.A. in Mendo that Cookies is Melting Pot x Chemdog, and Melting Pot is Skunk x Hindu Kush

And Ive NEVER heard of F1Durb - it sounds like something madeup by some cokehead who doesnt know breeding who googled breeding and saw "F1" and decided to use that, and the most desired line - Durban. Bam, now you have your global company based on ripped off bag seeds

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If JD manages to reproduce something nice of his dad's (DJ) nowadays, it's pure luck and statistics.

Even with DJ's work, you often had to reeeaaallly look to find something worth keeping.

Love or hate Riot, he found himself a stud in DJ's blueberry line that was worked to F4 by Lonestar(RIP) at TRC back in the day (Blue bonnet). I've grown two of his hybrids with the Blue bonnet. Will find a pic or two: