What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk Goes to the Jungle (2020)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
As we would be 3D-printing, why sockets?

No need, the sockets can be printed already "carved" into the shell then a couple wire contacts/pressure tabs.

The idea is to need only wire, and the "shell" to assembly it. And SILs of course :biggrin:

The shells would be interlockable, and a modular shell would fit say 4 SILs.

This way you could easily build whatever you need by adding modules.

Shell design can be further polished afterwards to minimize the use of material towards a more grid-like shape.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
For sure- I didn't know how easy/not-easy it was to put the spiral into the shell but I guess you can do anything with a good plan on a printer.

For real modular ability, you could do sets of 1, 2, and 4. A single 1 set couldn't be any bigger than my hand, right? (Maybe after you screw the SIL in, I suppose.)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
great brainstorming bsgospel :tiphat:

I think four is the minimum I'd go, as there are readily available 1 socket and multipliers in 2, and 3 or even 5 socket.

Thinking this will make it also easier to "interlock them" at any side and keep a simple wiring inside too... just thinking.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Flower Room Update 3d->4th Week

Flower Room Update 3d->4th Week

Lights

Lights changed to 11/13 effective on Saturday May 9th.

Kalichakra
Kalichakra #2 was culled, I confirmed yesterday it was a male... with ladyboy tendencies (threw some hairs here and there) hence my confusion... first time I see this on a Kalichakra, it had also subpar vigour, (kinda slow) so nothing was lost.

Will go through all my Kalichakra stock to find a the best mom next indoor.

Flowering Girls
Kali China seems to be the most advanced and is starting to fatten. Incredible stalks, developed bamboo-like knots on the supercropping spots... I'm loving how she lays out budsites.

Violeta comes next, displaying its beautiful violet like some elf were playing with her and an airbrush over nights streaking the shoots vertically with purple...

picture.php

Will take the flash and the 6D today to try making her justice.

Next in development is C5 Haze x Kali China. Oaxaca `79 x Panama is like 2 weeks behind the rest, and then comes OTH #2 who has some hairs on tops, nothing else.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese Update

Lebanese Update

This weekend was cloudy, rainy and windy, so didn't take the pic of the "heart" buds, will do as soon as weather allows.

She is fattening up at an incredible pace, I'd say she's loving the rains.

Bud detail:

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Outdoor 2020 plan

Outdoor 2020 plan

Just sown this weekend:

3 x Auto Zamaldelica
3 x CBD #1

Hybrids
Planning to grow these outdoors. will be sown slightly before August:

- Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze #5
- Green Haze #19 x Bangi Haze #5

Landraces; Nepal Annapurna
Thinking on sprouting all Nepal Annapurna seeds and select them outdoors, saving cuts of any interesting mothers.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just realized I've been mixing a much concentrated "preventive solution", but plants become sparkingly lush green afterwards, with not a single hint of uneasiness, so keeping the concentration:

- Potash Soap: 20ml/L
- RAW Neem Oil 30ml/L
- H2O 10ml/L
- Tea Tree essential oil 5 drops/L

All the vegging plants were treated with a generous, dripping dose: Red Sapphires, Purple Pakistan Haze, Zamaldelica x Panama (boy , this plant smells dangerous already!) and Orient Express x Nep Jam.

Apply that on all my plants prior to switch to flower, and on early flowering weeks.

I didn't had that much canopy to spray compared to an outdoor plant, so thought why have to spray her 4-5 times at lower doses vs a couple, more concentrated ones. Was sick of the freaking fruit flies.

OZZ_

Veteran
Great show Repuk! Nice work on the space! I can’t wait to have more space, it will be glorious. That violetta is throwing down some colores dramáticos :woohoo:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hey OZZ_! see you master Spanish??? :)

Oufff what a shame smells cannot be reproduced, the smell yesterday when I opened the flowering room door was out of this world.

In adition to the "fresh, well ventilated smell" a rather loud aroma like someone poured or cleaned everything with an rather astringent violet-perfume got me sniffing around her for a good ten minutes.

In fact my first thought was: loving this room! with tents you don't have these sort of lingering aromas in the air, nor can you "shift around" plants and enjoy them in the same way.

Also I find rather noticeable that sativas want plenty of space, the wilder, the more.

Kali China isn't too smelly yet, just an astringent smell... but an interesting dark-red is like "bleeding in" into the pistils white...

I located a funny mutation, seems induced by the FIM; a stalk sprouted straight from a budsite or leaf, not sure. Has red/orange (fall colors??) fan leaves underneath and has already the characteristic KC rose "bun" look like if this particular top were almost finishing:

picture.php

A "knot" in the stalk developed after supercropping can be spotted on the background.

Boy how mistaken I was... the two plants I expected "indica growth" (KC and Violeta) are as sativa development-wise as the rest... love them (prefer to train sat growth leaning plants) and the fact I have cuts!!

picture.php

Managed to shape their top canopy into a bowl or vulcano, loving how both KC and Violeta are filling in the available spots.

Loving having this amount of space, otherwise I would have had to fix my screwing (too big plants) by pruning them, a shame.

Thought I can wait to prune the lower growth once I deploy rest of lamps, once I see how lower growth develops.

Tucking fan leaves and propping branches/tops on all plants daily, never had the opportunity to tender them so comfortably.

C5 Haze x KC has that same astringent touch as KC but with a solid sweet lemon-cleaner scent, I'd say is the fourth more advanced plant into flowering after KC, Violeta and Satori.

Oaxaca '79 x Panama

What a girl, loving her!

So slender and elegant, how she grows budsite fans, the fine serration on her leaves and their shape... she has clearly the most wild sativa genes and I love that, see how she constantly overtakes KC:

picture.php

A KC top she overtook can be hinted behind her... I'm giving her a light and more space ASAP I promise!

A thing I have observed is the more tropical sativa leaning, the more they shoot the tops towards 3000K SILs.

Something that caught my attention in this grow is the pistils... find them really slender, spotless, thin and looong... look like if they were perfectly "combed" upwards on all plants.

received the replacement COBs!

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ_! see you master Spanish??? :)

Mastered Spanish!?? Lol hardly!

Pero estoy tratando a aprender. Mi novia es de Chile y ellas familia no hablen inglés. Entonces es necesario que yo sabes alguno.

Yo creo que estoy más como intermedió jaja. Pero un poco poco y con más tiempo yo espero que voy a sigue a mejorando.

I’m loving all the space you have. Soon I’ll be right there with you my friend.

That Oaxacan x Panama is a beauty.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Sólo por vocabulario se ve buen nivel! y si tu novia no habla inglésl sólo puede ir a mejor!!! Mi mujer también es de Chile :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
bsgospel your single SIL crate suggestion got me thinking...

I think the best shape it can have is a hexagonal one, why oversmart nature :)

Thinking also on designing it so that t can be used not only with four or X number of SILs, but less also (just unscrew).

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just removed the burnt COB from the heatsink... Anvil, chisel and two hammer taps and it was cleanly removed (and broken in the process, of course).

Then I realized I needed Artic Alumina Thermal Adhesive to glue back the replacement COB chip, I thought I had some leftover but searched for it and couldn't find it... f*ck...

Screw, it gonna order more... to realize it has been discontinued and would take half a month or more to get something similar here.

Ten minutes later after considering alternatives (exhaust/muffler epoxy) I made the effort to remember... and the most surprising thing is I saw for an instant where I had stored it... and there it was!!

The point of this is... either I am going crazy, or my memory is becoming better!?!? This is just one example, but have plenty of occurrences lately.

I though cannabis have an impact on memory specially on young individuals, but looks like it actually helps on older fellows? damn! :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Nepal Mist "Tall" Polen Collected

Nepal Mist "Tall" Polen Collected

Seizing the opportunity of being raining, went to the garage where I moved them, and shook his tops over a paper, storing it later on a vial with a silica ball:

picture.php

Boy was I nervous seeing smalls amounts of pollen floating around... but no air currents inside the garage, and hopefully water will deactivate it before it hits any plants.

Not thinking only in mine, I'm sure there are plenty of autos and don't want to ruin nobodys crop.

OZZ_

Veteran
Sólo por vocabulario se ve buen nivel! y si tu novia no habla inglésl sólo puede ir a mejor!!! Mi mujer también es de Chile :biggrin:

Gracias y eso es loco. Es un mundo pequeño! Mi novia hablar inglés súper bien, fluente. Pero ellas familia de chile no mucho. Solo uno or dose personas entonces yo tuve mucho practicar cuando nosotros allí. Todavía.... yo necesito más practicar. :biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Seizing the opportunity of being raining, went to the garage where I moved them, and shook his tops over a paper, storing it later on a vial with a silica ball:

View Image

Boy was I nervous seeing smalls amounts of pollen floating around... but no air currents inside the garage, and hopefully water will deactivate it before it hits any plants.

Not thinking only in mine, I'm sure there are plenty of autos and don't want to ruin nobodys crop.

Those vials are sweet. I need to get some of those for storing pollen, what a great idea. I have some mixed panama pollen in the freezer that Im going to hit a branch on this KA5H with. Really just shits n giggles. Lol

I also like the bench that goes around your grow room. Perfect for leveling out the canopy when flowering out plants of differing sizes.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Yesss!!! loving the bench... everything was already in there, my main effort was... to do the minimum effort :biggrin: so thought on "flowing" with the room, which was an open sauna / lockers room and adapt to it and not viceversa.

Yess!! bench is great to prop shorter plants (or cuts to be sexed) higher to "level out" with the taller center ones, or to easily step in and move lights, prop wiring, etc without a ladder. Enjoying it a lot.

Here's my first lamp complete layout:

picture.php

30W/sq ft.

My idea is to run away from the typical micro/tent habit of having everything fixed, and instead rotate the plants strategically to try getting the maximum gpw even if a given plant doesn't have a exclusively for her during all her flowering... but to be able to run more plants for more variety, or pheno hunting.

Lamps
Need to fix the COBs, then build a new 300W SILs one, have all parts already.

Will move the 200W one from the vegging cubicle along with the girls, and hang the 200W HML, which I'm gonna devote to Tikal x Panama.

200W SILs will go for Satori, which will be out in a month, leaving her spot for OTH #2.

This time I screwed and have two rather tall and suboptimal plants, but next time will try to keep them at an optimal shape/size.

But these, at least Violeta, will be out also in a month, Kali China possibly too, leaving plenty of space and power to devote to whatever girl I find suitable, as C5 haze x Kali China will need an additional month to finish I guess, same goes for Oaxaca '79 x Panama.

OTH #2 will be kept indoors and if possible, moved outdoors when appropiate to finish.

Fronk

Yesss!!! loving the bench... everything was already in there, my main effort was... to do the minimum effort :biggrin: so thought on "flowing" with the room, which was an open sauna / lockers room and adapt to it and not viceversa.

The bench is great to prop smaller higher to "level out" with the taller center ones yesss! or to easily step in and move lights, etc without a ladder. Enjoying it a lot.

Here's my first lamp complete layout:

View Image

30W/sq ft.

My idea is to run away from the typical micro/tent habit of having everything fixed, and instead rotate the plants strategically to try getting the maximum gpw even if a given plant doesn't have a exclusively for her during all her flowering... but to be able to run more plants for more variety, or pheno hunting.

Lamps
Need to fix the COBs, then build a new 300W SILs one, have all parts already.

Will move the 200W one from the vegging cubicle along with the girls, and hang the 200W HML, which I'm gonna devote to Tikal x Panama.

200W SILs will go for Satori, which will be out in a month, leaving her spot for OTH #2.

This time I screwed and have two rather tall and suboptimal plants, but next time will try to keep them at an optimal shape/size.

But these, at least Violeta, will be out also in a month, Kali China possibly too, leaving plenty of space and power to devote to whatever girl I find suitable, as C5 haze x Kali China will need an additional month to finish I guess, same goes for Oaxaca '79 x Panama.

OTH #2 will be kept indoors and if possible, and moved outdoors when appropiate to finish.

Epic layout repuk!
Lookslike a lot of fun in your indoor garden.
:)
Also I’d like to thank you as I used your Tang’s cob drawings to make a cob with killer A5.
Good man.

G13Fan

Thanks for the tip unnamedmike! will do so now that I don't have pressure as there's one in place working.

Thinking even on making a LoRa RO controller with https://www.dragino.com/products/lora-lorawan-end-node/item/138-lt-33222-l.html

BTW, dragino has also LoRa HATs for Arduino... the cool thing with LoRa is they allow you to communicate cheaply over incredible distances (less indoors obviously). And you can also send commands remotely (downlinks) to them.

Slow but steady progress on the flowering room. Reused some metal profiles/no longer used kitchen wood panel scraps to make a registrable intake panel:

View Image

Profiles were drilled, and riveted to existing ones. Then used nuts/bolts to fix Intake fan bolted to the frame, and fixed long bolts to serve as fixing points for the wood panel.

Shall receive the rest on Monday hopefully (phew!!! growshops and non-essential businesses have been closed by government until new order last Saturday!) :woohoo:

Violeta (fem)
What a beauty....

View Image

Satori #1
View Image

Not FIMmming Topping nor training for Indica growth leaning plants this time. Took cuts and will be trying growing in SOG style to find outstanding mothers, then run them outdoors to complete yields, or indoor flat canopy training for production on selected cuts.

Beautiful double serrated leaves. I think I even see triple serrated growth on the leaf. Never seen triple serations before .

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Looked at the Kali China "mutation" last night... no mutation at all, the top stalk was broken and held by a minimum layer of tissue, so removed it :spanky:

Guess the explanation for the fall colors is that top had to use the nutes available after the broken stalk.

Speaking of fans...

Keep finding even-fingered fans on Violeta (10)

picture.php

Oaxaca '79 x Panama older growth fan leave, new ones have much finer serrations.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts