What's new

ReikoX's Workshop 2023

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I culled the four Divyder males. I am down to seven very seeded Divyder females.
Picsart_23-03-15_21-45-42-645.jpg

I collected pollen from the males and will dry it before storing it in the freezer for a few weeks to hit up the Afterthought Autos.
Picsart_23-03-15_21-46-18-192.jpg

The Dominion Diesel plants have also been hit with the Divyder pollen. They should provide a few seeds for a future project as well.
Picsart_23-03-15_21-46-49-985.jpg

I have dried some pollen for a few days. I filtered out any plant material and vacuume sealed some vials with a desiccant. This will be stashed in the freezer for future projects.
Picsart_23-03-15_22-28-26-211.jpg

Finally, I transferred some rooted clones into soil. The ones in the black fabric pots will become bonsai mothers. The ones in the cups will either be given away or used to create some seeds.
Picsart_23-03-15_21-47-11-997.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Been a while since my last update, but not a whole lot has changed. The Divyder plants are on day 54 from germination. They are quite seeded and there will be plenty of F2s to share with everyone.
Picsart_23-03-29_09-51-39-199.jpg

All of the Critical Mass x Ginger Alex Blueberry have shown sex by day 26. I ended up with 12 out of 22 females. My plan is to move them under the bigger light in the flower room next week.
Picsart_23-03-29_09-52-19-848.jpg

The Dominion Diesel in the QT tent are also quite seeded at day 35 today. I plan to move them into the veg once the CMxGAB are moved next week. In my experience, they will continue to ripen seeds regardless of the light cycle.
picsart_23-03-29_09-53-02-185-jpg.18824850

Attachments

• Picsart_23-03-29_09-53-02-185.jpg
    Picsart_23-03-29_09-53-02-185.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 273

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I decided to try and emulate the grass roots beds by wrapping the top part of the beds in some plastic wrap.
Picsart_23-04-03_18-40-35-770.jpg

The Divyder plants are at day 59 since germination. The back left plant is finishing earlier than the rest. It's getting the same feed as everything else. I took a sample and the seeds look to be ripe.
Picsart_23-04-03_18-41-20-215.jpg

I moved the CMxGAB into the flower room. I plan to let them get a little bigger before pollinating them with the saved Divyder.
Picsart_23-04-03_18-42-19-450.jpg

Finally, I moved the Dominion Diesel plants into the veg room. I set the top light to 12/12.
Picsart_23-04-03_18-42-59-075.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My grow is not getting the attention it deserves. I only have time for a webcam update. Personal life and work life have been busy the last couple of weeks. I'm sofa king tired.

CMXGAB at day 46 from germination. Not looking great, but they are fully seeded and should limp along to the finish line.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20230418-090902-476.jpg

The Divyder on the left are done, just drying "on the vine". They are at day 74 from germination. The Dominion Diesel are at day 55F and the seeds are pretty much done. I'll give them plain water for another week or so, then let them dry as well.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20230418-165521-500.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I spent some much need time working in the workshop last night. First thing I did was setup the Blumat soil moisture meters. I'll be trying to correlate the Blumat meters with the Ecowit meters. The former is a tensiometer while the latter is a conductive meter. I will take a reading tomorrow to see how evenly the beds are watered. Next, I pulled out all of the Blumat carrots from the beds and cleaned them very thoroughly. Two of the carrots were empty, that may have been what caused the flood in the left bed. After cleaning them, I set them up and left them soaking in water. They are ready to be installed and callibrated.
Picsart_23-04-26_11-17-13-417.jpg

Then, I watered the beds to bring the moisture up to about 30% on the Ecowit meters. I kind of missed my mark as the right bed was at 35% while the other two were at 30%. I pulled the drippers and installed some Blusoak drip tape in the beds instead. The drippers tend to get clogged about half way through the cycle. I started to refill my reservoir, only a couple more gallons and it is full.
Picsart_23-04-26_11-18-02-706.jpg

Finally, I moved the CMxGAB by Afterthought Autos back into the flower room under the middle light. These are doing alright for day 53 from germination. I ran into some issues using organics in the small containers, but fed them some Jacks 321 and they seem to be coming around now. They have been successfully pollinated with the Divyder pollen and there should be plenty of seeds to move this project forward. While moving them, I got a delightful blueberry smell from them. When trimming up some of my mother plants, I noticed one of my males had a single open pollen sack. Hopefully it doesn't contaminate the CMxGAB, but it should be easy to tell as any progeny wont be autoflowers.
Picsart_23-04-26_11-18-42-013.jpg

Next I moved on to my veg room. I trimmed my mother plants, and culled the male that was throwing flowers. I then mixed up some Jacks 321 and gave the mothers and the Dominion Diesel plants a good feeding. The Dominion Diesel are at day 62F. I will likely let them go a bit longer. Checking one of the plants, it still had quite a few immature seeds. Finally, I swept everything off the floors and straightened up my mess.
Picsart_23-04-26_11-19-45-043.jpg

I moved some Dominion Diesel clones in solo cups into the QT tent to make some F2s. It's amazing how many seeds one can make with just a small plant in a solo cup. By the time the male is dropping pollen, the CMxGAB should be about done. That should avoid some pollen contamination from happening.
Picsart_23-04-26_11-20-07-022.jpg

Finally I bucked the buds off the drying Divyder plants. The plan is to let these get extra crispy and harvest the seeds this weekend. I'm looking forward to having some Divyder F2s to grow and share. Divyder was the first auto I ever made.
Picsart_23-04-26_11-20-39-242.jpg

This weekend, I plan to finish installing and calibrate the Blumat carrots. I want to do this step early in the morning, so if I get a run-away sensor I wont dump the entire 10 gallon reservoir on the floor again. Once the Blumats are installed and calibrated, I plan to add the amendments for the next round and cover the soil with some barley straw. I also plan to shuck some seeds and clean up the dirty pots on my workbench.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Not a whole lot exciting going on in the workshop lately. I'm finishing up the first half of the Afterthought Autos collaboration. Here we have the Critical Mass x Ginger Alex Blueberry by Afterthought Autos that have been hit with Divyder F1 pollen. They are at day 68 from germination now. The seeds are about finished up, I will likely give them another week or two before drying and shucking the seeds.
Picsart_23-05-12_10-21-12-990.jpg

These Dominion Diesel have also been hit with the Divyder F1 pollen. They are at day 77 of flower. They will be chopped and dried this weekend. These seeds will be heterozygous for the autoflowering trait. This means they will all be photoperiod plants, but may have a reduced flowering time. I have heard some call them "fast version" or even "super autos".
Picsart_23-05-12_10-20-09-344.jpg

I recently harvested a bunch of Divyder F2s. They are dry and ready to find a good home. I have the Dominion Diesel flowering in the QT tent now. There should be F2s of those as well in another 9 weeks or so.

I've been contemplating what to do next. I may begin the next phase of the Afterthought Autos collaboration. In this second phase, I would plant some JLo F3 and hunt down the best males. A few weeks later, I would plant some Brazilian Santa Maria by Afterthought Autos and hit the best females with the JLo pollen. Similar to the last phase, I will end up with a bunch of JLo F4 plants as well as the second cross.

Another option would be to run a round of photoperiod plants in the beds. I have several packs that I have purchased that I still want to run. Creme Brulee by LED Seeds, Pure Love by Irie Genetics, and Chem91 x Orang Sour Dub b Obsoul33t. I also have a pack of BOG seeds and some THUNK seeds that have been calling my name.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
A couple of weeks ago I installed the Blusoak drip tape. A few days later, I had a flood in the left bed. I turned off the Blumat carrot and let everything start to dry out. Last night, I investigated and I found a leak where I connected the Blusoak tape. I cut off the end and re-connected it. I've been trying to dial in the moisture in the beds. So far I have the right bed dialed in where I want it.
Picsart_23-05-18_21-25-01-459.jpg

I went ahead and gave the CMxGAB a pre-harvest trim. Basically, I took any leaf off that had a petiole on it. These are about 77 days from germination. I will likely give them another week to finish ripening up the seeds. I'm getting a nice pine/blueberry smell from them.
Picsart_23-05-18_21-26-49-519.jpg

Picsart_23-05-18_21-27-06-810.jpg

The Dominion Diesel have been harvested and the buds are drying in brown paper bags. In a few more days they will be dry enough to shuck the seeds. I'll likely do a smoke test on these just to confirm my keeper selection.
Picsart_23-05-19_11-04-04-919.jpg

The bonsai mothers got a good trimming. I think I'm going to cull the Dominon Diesel down to one keeper plant. So far the winning candidate is the one labeled #3, as it had the highest return of rosin per square foot.
Picsart_23-05-19_11-04-31-433.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yesterday I took down the Dominion Diesel male and collected a little bit of pollen. I'll dry the pollen for a couple of days, then store it in the freezer for a rainy day. I gave the girls a thorough spray down and moved them into the veg room to finish up making seeds.
Picsart_23-05-25_13-29-52-901.jpg

Next I cut down the CMxGAB plants and hung them up in the QT tent to dry. This phase of the collaboration is complete. I'll dry and harvest the seeds then send half of them
to Aridbud. He informed me he was a few more weeks out on his half of the project.
Picsart_23-05-25_13-30-26-009.jpg

Still trying to dial in the Blumats. I've been playing with both the Ecowit and the Blumat digital moisture meters. When comparing the two meters, I noticed the middle bed was much wetter on the Blumat sensor than the Ecowit sensor. I moved the Ecowit sensor and it now reads closer to the values in the left bed, where I had the flood. Once the carrots are dialed in, I will mark them so I don't have to repeat this exercise.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to run next. I think I'm pretty much settled on doing a photoperiod run in the beds. I think I'll make a decision and pop some seeds this weekend.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent an hour or two straightening the workshop last night. I still have a bunch of pots to wash and disinfect still, but its progress anyway.
Picsart_23-06-04_20-37-59-419.jpg

I'm a step closer to getting some actual plants going. I amended the beds based on the soil test I got back in February and watered that in. Then I then I covered the beds with a oyster mushroom mulch from Build-a-Soil. Honestly, I could have used another one to cover it as much as I like, I may order one.
Picsart_23-06-04_20-36-23-402.jpg

My mother plants need another trim soon. I am also going to cull down to a single Dominion Diesel now that F2s will be made.
Picsart_23-06-04_20-38-52-433.jpg

Speaking of F2s, here are the seeded Dominion Diesel plants at day 41. They seem pretty happy with their diet of Jacks 321.
Picsart_23-06-04_20-39-12-208.jpg

What do you want to see run in the beds next?
Creme Brulee by LED Seeds
Pure Love by Irie Genetics
Chem91 x Orange Sour Dub by Obsoul33t

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night I spent a couple of hours washing and disinfecting pots and trays. I rinsed everything with a high pressure hose, then washed everything with warm soapy water. Finally, I sprayed them with bleach water and wiped them down after a 60 second contact time.
Picsart_23-06-12_09-54-40-039.jpg

I got the Chem91 x Orange Sour Dub seeds planted in paper cups and under a dome. A couple were cracked after soaking for 48 hours. I'll give them a week or two to finish germinating.
Picsart_23-06-12_09-55-48-203.jpg

I was going to get rid of a couple of Dominion Diesel mothers. Turns out my dad is in need of some new plants, so I transplanted them into one gallon pots instead. I'll let them veg in my flower room for the next few days then drop them off for his next run. I'm going to need to make some more soil before too long, I used the last of it to transplant these two.
Picsart_23-06-12_09-56-38-832.jpg

Finally I trimmed up my remaining three mother plants. I have Grass Fire OG, Solo's Stash, and Dominion Diesel.
Picsart_23-06-12_09-57-25-003.jpg

I still have a bunch of CMxGAB x Divyder seeds I need to shuck. I've been slowly sampling some of the buds with my DynaVap. They have a nice berry taste, that I think will pair very nicely with the Divyder. I also have a bunch of Divyder F2 and Dominion Diesel x Divyder seeds that are dry and need to be run through the birdseed cleaner and package up.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Happy Solstice everyone!

Not a whole exciting going on in the workshop today. I ended up getting six out of the twelve Chem 91 x Orange Sour Dub seeds to pop. I murdered one seedling trying to get the seed husk off, and a second one grew with an upside-down tap root. I removed the dome, gave them a light watering, and put them under the big light on the top shelf.
Picsart_23-06-21_09-57-52-078.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
Spent an hour or two straightening the workshop last night. I still have a bunch of pots to wash and disinfect still, but its progress anyway.
View attachment 18850350

I'm a step closer to getting some actual plants going. I amended the beds based on the soil test I got back in February and watered that in. Then I then I covered the beds with a oyster mushroom mulch from Build-a-Soil. Honestly, I could have used another one to cover it as much as I like, I may order one.
View attachment 18850351

My mother plants need another trim soon. I am also going to cull down to a single Dominion Diesel now that F2s will be made.
View attachment 18850352

Speaking of F2s, here are the seeded Dominion Diesel plants at day 41. They seem pretty happy with their diet of Jacks 321.
View attachment 18850353

What do you want to see run in the beds next?
Creme Brulee by LED Seeds
Pure Love by Irie Genetics
Chem91 x Orange Sour Dub by Obsoul33t
I use blumats also.

I am interested to see what you think about the Blusoak drip tape? does it work well with the carrots? Even watering in the container?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This is my first cycle with the drip tape. I switched to it because the distribution drippers kept getting clogged. The plants' roots would grow into them and clog them.

So far the drip tape seems to be working well. I'll know better once I have some actual plants in there.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today I mixed up a couple cubic feet of Build-a-Soil light mix. I was out of soil and the Chem91 x Orange Sour Dub were ready for an up-pot.

I decided I was going to try some bottomless pots. So I busted out the sewing machine and whipped up these one gallon bottomless pots.
Picsart_23-07-05_00-02-18-978.jpg

To fill them up, I simply set them in the saucers and filled them up with the fresh soil. I put an empty cup in the pots to make a hole for the plants. I sprinklied some Rootwise Mycrobe Complete in the hole before transplanting.
Picsart_23-07-05_00-03-06-153.jpg

Finally, I sowed a clover cover crop and added a second oyster mushroom log to the beds. The one gallon pots were then placed in the flower room under 18/6 lighting.
Picsart_23-07-05_00-03-30-869.jpg

Attachments

• Picsart_23-07-05_00-03-30-869.jpg
    Picsart_23-07-05_00-03-30-869.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Picsart_23-07-05_00-03-06-153.jpg
    Picsart_23-07-05_00-03-06-153.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Picsart_23-07-05_00-02-18-978.jpg
    Picsart_23-07-05_00-02-18-978.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 27

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I decided to pop a couple of the GLo BX1 seeds to fill a couple of jars of bud. The top shelf in my veg rack is empty, so these will go there.
Picsart_23-07-12_14-16-46-542.jpg

I decided to use these 3-gallon bags and Jacks 321 for this run. Here you can see the bags filled with media. The cups have the bottoms cut out to aid in watering the smaller seedlings until they grow into the larger bags.
Picsart_23-07-12_14-17-50-619.jpg

The Chem 91 x Orange Sour Dub are chugging along in their 1-gallon bottomless pots. I'm waiting until they get a little bigger to force them to show sex.
Picsart_23-07-12_14-18-08-630.jpg