What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2022

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Harvested the seeded autos Friday. I went ahead and decided to do a slow dry on these. I'm drying them in the flower room with the environmental controller set to 60*F/60% RH. The Solo's Stash are behind schedule, once they are big enough to take clones, I'll sex them and plan to grow one plant per bed.
Picsart_22-04-15_23-24-42-546.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Planted a fourth Mimosa Cake Auto for the auto SOG.
Picsart_22-04-23_10-30-25-215.jpg

Solo's Stash are almost big enough to sex and take some clones. I'm pretty sure the tall one is staring to identify as male already.
Picsart_22-04-23_10-30-46-250.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Planted Mimosa Cake #5 in the auto SOG today.
Picsart_22-04-29_08-56-19-419.jpg

The rest of the plants are doing okay. I like how the runt in the solo cup (JLo F4) shot up to catch up with the others, but is only 3 nodes.
Picsart_22-04-29_08-53-15-583.jpg

Got the outdoor veggie patch ready for plants. Kiddo picked tomatoes, catrots, and corn. Ignore the pile of metal on the left, thats the roll cage for the jeep.
Picsart_22-04-28_17-59-04-953.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent some much needed garden time in the workshop. First thing I had to take care of was these clones. They have been rooted but without light for a while now. They are looking a bit sad, but should bounce back in a few days.
Picsart_22-05-03_23-53-10-315.jpg

Next thing I took care of was the Solo's Stash. I cleaned up the bottom two nodes and took some tiny clones. Will likely top these once they show sex for some more substantial clones.
Picsart_22-05-03_23-49-57-529.jpg

Still waiting for these to show sex. One is definitely female, one is too early to tell, and this one looks like it could go either way. Who wants to take a guess?
Picsart_22-05-03_23-49-29-072.jpg

Next I did some maintenance on the beds, they have been in the dark for a couple of weeks. I pulled the drippers and soaked them all in some water and vinegar while I trimmed up the cover crop. I then took a soil sample and calibrated the moisture meters.
Picsart_22-05-03_23-48-59-166.jpg

Finally I cleaned up my workshop, swept and moped the floors, and topped off the humidifier and resivoir.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
ReikoX-Soil-20220511-146445.png

I got my soil test back from the lab today. Looks like the seeded autos used a whole bunch of manganese. They also used a fair amount of phosphorus, calcium, and boron. The cobalt and molybdenum are tracking in the right direction after the last additions. I'm not sure where all the potassium is coming from, but it's getting pretty high. The sulfur keeps raising as well, but that's probably from all the sulfates I've been adding.

Soil prescription
460 grams Fish Bone
500 grams Gypsum
2 grams Borax
8 grams Manganese Sulfate
1.75 grams Cobalt Sulfate
0.50 grams Sodium Molybdate
100 grams Greensand

Previous soil prescription
370 grams CalPhos
480 grams Gypsum
4.75 grams Cobalt Sulfate
0.50 grams Sodium Molybdate

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yesterday I mixed up about four cubic feet of a water only soil recipe for these Earth Boxes. I made due with what amendments I had, but bought some mushroom compost instead of using my vermicompost. I was about four gallons short on the Sphagnum peat moss, but it does expand a bit when hydrated. I added about an extra gallon of perlite to make up for it, but it is still likely a little bit of a hot mix. I covered the planters and am letting them compost for about 30 days. The plan is for my brother to use them outside to grow some autos. I'm thinking we will put about two or three feminized autos in each planter in the first of June and all he will have to do is add water when the tube is empty.
Picsart_22-05-11_19-16-39-325.jpg

Remember the Solo's Stash that I couldn't tell sex on? Well, it's still not showing female, but also not clustering around the flower site either. I went ahead and put that one and the the runt in the QT tent under 12/12 for the next two nights. That should help encourage them to show. I also cleaned up the GG4 RIL pollen from the tent and rinsed off the GFOG moms. Right now, I think I'll top and clone the known female and take it from there. I need a minimum of three good sized females for the beds. It also helps if they are the similar size. I do have plenty of GFOG clones, but that was my last production run and I still have plenty hash rosin from that.
Picsart_22-05-11_19-17-17-533.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night I transplanted two Solo's Stash each in their own beds and two Grass Fire OG in the same bed. I then cleaned out my worm bin so I would have some fresh castings. Next, I mixed the gypsum, fish bone meal, greensand, and manganese sulfate into the compost and top dressed the beds. Finally I added the borax, cobalt sulfate, and sodium molybdate into a gallon of water and watered in the top dress.
Picsart_22-05-17_21-57-56-936.jpg

ost

Welcome to my 2022 workshop thread. There are dabs and doobies for everyone. Come on in and I'll give you the tour.

When you first enter the workshop you are in the 10'x7' lung room. On the far wall, are some storage cabinets and my workbench. On the workbench I have my dry sift screens, alcohol distiller, mini cooler, dab station, and rosin press.
View attachment 18044030
Along the left wall are the environmental controls. I have a window AC, heater, humidifier and a dehumidifier. I also have my tool box and seed fridge along this wall.
View attachment 18044031
The lung room's environment is controlled with a NIWA grow hub.
View attachment 18044032
The first door to the right is my 4'x4' veg/utility room. Along the left wall are the LED drivers, LED controllers, CO2 controllers, timers, CO2 bottles, and the water resivoir for the flower toom. Along the far wall is my veg rack powered by 150W of Bridgelux Gen2 strips. The bottom shelf holds bonsai mothers, the next couple shelves are for clones and seedlings. Finally the top shelf has 120W of SolStips for running a couple autos. Along the right wall is a small humidifier and an AC Infinity T6 for exhaust.
View attachment 18044033
The next door on the right is the 4'x6' flower room. I have a collection of slaps on the inside door.
View attachment 18044034
This room has three 30-gallon no-till beds that are auto watered with Tropf Blumats from the resivoir in the other room. Each bed has about 300W of SolStips along with some supplemental Red, Far Red, Infrared, and UV. The CO2 sensor is on the far wall along with the injector that runs in a circle around the top above the lights.
View attachment 18044035
This room has an AC Infinity T8 to exhaust it. I have it hooked up to a Controller 67 allowing me to monitor and adjust it from my phone.
View attachment 18044036
The LED intensity is controlled by a Bluefish LED controller. For the first 15 minutes, I run just the far red LEDs, then the lights ramp up for 90 minutes until they reach 35% intensity. They stay there for another 90 minutes before ramping up to 70% intensity. They then ramp down in a similar manner until just the far red are on for the last 15 minutes.
View attachment 18044037
Both the flower and veg rooms have a Pulse grow monitor in them. This allows me to see temp, humidity, VPD, CO2, and even PAR reading. It will send me an email notification when any of those parameters are out of bounds.
View attachment 18044038
I have a small quarantine tent on my master bathroom. It has 50W of Vero COB lights, and a 4" exhaust fan. I use this tent to quarantine new cuts, collect pollen, or pollinate females.
View attachment 18044039
All of my lights as well as the temp/humidity in both the veg room and quarantine tent are controlled with Sonoff switches.
View attachment 18044040
In addition each room has a wifi camera attached so I can keep an eye on my grow.
View attachment 18044041
i'm lovin' this setup,

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
For Foliar Friday, I sprayed the plants with a bit of sea-90 and a pinch of quillaja as a wetting agent. The back left Grass Fire OG is looking a little yellow, I wonder if I disturbed the rhizosphere during transplant or something. The new growth on the Solo's Stash is lighter than the old growth as they begin to grow rapidly, the plant has almost doubled in size this week.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20220527-075911-262.jpg

I pulled the four JLo F4 plants from the Subway SOG and moved everything over. I then planted my third Pluto Runtz seed.
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_1444923-0-20220527-075917-345.jpg

ost

After a week in the beer froster, the hash is dry. I yielded 33.82 grams hash from 211 grams of 1/2 dry buds for a 16.03% return.
View attachment 18067551

This particular press was about 8.5g of 45u-159u "freeze dried" hash (1st through 4rd pulls), double bagged first in a rosinevolution 25u, then a 160u bag. Pressed at 78*F on my DIY press for about 3 minutes between parchment by blacklabelpaperco.
View attachment 18067552

I pressed three more packs, then collected all the rosin together and homogenized it. I ended up with a total of 21.81 grams rosin for a 64.49% return.
View attachment 18067553

Finally, I split it up into six 3.5 gram containers and put them in the hash fridge. It was getting empty.
View attachment 18067554
might just be opticl but , it looks like top screws, in top hinge on door loose.