What's new

ReikoX's Workshop 2021

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
About a week ago I threw a JLO F3 seed in some soil. I didn’t think it would sprout being such a fresh seed, but sure enough it sprouted. I didn’t quite have enough soil, but it will do. Sugar Black Rose on the left, JLO F3 on the right
PicsArt_06-23-12.21.43.jpg

Reports from the fleet indicate that the rebels have destroyed the Death Star.
PicsArt_06-23-12.23.11.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Gave the beds a coconut water tea and trained the Zak Haze plants into the screen. I also took some PPFD readings at the canopy.
PicsArt_06-28-10.16.43.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My last PPFD readings were a little wonky, so I decided to take some wattage readings at the wall. The values were not at all what I was expecting. I double checked that the dimmer wasn't an issue by disconnecting it,, still the same readings.. Perhaps it is voltage drop from running the drivers remote? I may test this more later by swapping drivers and lught fixtures, otherwise I'll just live with it for now.

Right 2700K 202/240W
Right 5000K 104/120W
Middle 2700K 141/240W
Middle 5000K 95/120W
Left 2700K 141/240W
Left 5000K 102/120W
Supplemental 126/120W

After that, I decided to take some more accurate PPFD readings. I set up a tripod at 24" from my lights and took readings every 8". The 24" mark is also the top of the second trellise.
PicsArt_07-01-03.57.19.jpg

If you look at the resulting map, you can notice a few trends. First, the left side of the map is losing a bunch of lights to the oscillating fan and the 4" ledge. That whole left column isn't even usable. That puts the middle bed right in the middle of the high PPFD region. Based on this map, I think a rotation schedule is in order.
PicsArt_07-01-03.58.34.jpg

While the plants were out of the flower room, I went ahead and gave them a foliar feed of WSC, SulPoMag, and TM-7. The middle plant is showing some possible signs of calcium deficiency.
PicsArt_07-01-03.59.19.jpg

PicsArt_07-01-03.59.56.jpg

Finally, did a deep clean of the flower room, swept the floors, dusted the lights and fans, and moped the floor. I also did a deep clean of the veg room and replaced all my dirty trays with clean ones. I still need to finish the lung room and clean trays and pots tonight.

That's why I can't have fans on the walls, which sucks.

Right 2700K 202/240W
Right 5000K 104/120W
Middle 2700K 141/240W
Middle 5000K 95/120W
Left 2700K 141/240W
Left 5000K 102/120W
Supplemental 126/120W
What do the numbers mean, not sure what I'm looking at..

I've been chopping my dimmers off, with an option from the importer to send me new dimmers. Using my lux meter I found one of my boards was running at half the intensity of the others. Apparently the dimmer goes on the fritz due to moisture. I snipped it off and back to full power. A little while later it happened to another board.

These fans are flat
20210725_031533.jpg

TH

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Those numbers are the wattage measured at the wall vs the drivers specified wattage. I'm loosing wattage due to a voltage drop from running my drivers remotely.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Notill beds at day 24F. I plucked most of the yellowing leaves off of the four Green Crack plants.
PicsArt_07-28-04.23.23.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with HpLVd (AKA dudding). I have been chasing issues with my mother stock for over a year. I have blamed nutrients buildup, nutrient quality, lights too bright, lights too dim, and pests (thrips).

My last run two runs from clones have lacked trichomes, and odor. The plants also seem to be not stretch, have large branching angles, and overlapping leaves.

I have been chasing issues, so I sent out a soil sample to be tested. If the soil test comes back in range, I think I will be letting my mother stock go and start over from seed.

Next round is Grass Fire OG by LED Seedz.
PicsArt_07-27-09.49.24.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Notill beds at 32F. Applying micros chelated with humic, fulvic, and lactic acids in response to my soil test.
PicsArt_08-06-08.52.59.jpg

PicsArt_08-06-08.52.59.jpg

Next round of Grass Fire OG transplanted to solo cups.
PicsArt_08-06-08.53.30.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks TBD. I'm battling high pH, low micro nutrients, and possibly HpLVd, but they look good despite those issues.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Short answer, its just a guess. See below for the long answer...

I took in a cut that I was later told by a friend may have HpLVd. During the time I had the cut, I was rebuilding my workshop and had my mother plants in a small 16x16 tent. I was sharing tools between cuts, and I believe it spread that way.

During that time the plants got woody stems, curly leaves, odd branching, and mysterious deficiencies. I blamed nutrients and tried three different kinds, light levels both high and low, and my recycled soil.

Since that time, my dad had two bad grows in a row with low yield and lack of resin and smell. We blamed over using pond water, old nutrients, and a new soil he bought. He was getting clones from me.

My brother also had two bad grows in a row, though less symptomatic because he was using hydro. But he blamed his assistant for not mixing the nutrients correctly and keeping the pH pen calibrated. He was also getting clones from me.

My last grow was terrible, with what looked like an iron deficiency. Yield was less than 0.5 grams per watt. The plant I grew was from the cut I had brought in. That cut has returned around 30% rosin from flower, the whole reason I acquired it. This time it was down to about 9%.

I got a soil test and it did show some minor issues, which I've been correcting. It seems to be helping, but I'm still seeing some deficiencies and trichome production is lower than I would like. But yield is still looking good.

I have since gotten rid of all my cuts and am starting over from seed.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Here is the flower room at day 52 of flower. These should definitely be done by day 63. I turned the lights down from 100% to 70% and have been giving them water only for the remaining 11 days.
PicsArt_08-25-08.53.59.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have since gotten rid of all my cuts and am starting over from seed.

Ouch. I missed this post. I am sorry to hear of your calamity. But if you are an optimist, this is not starting over but an opportunity to advance in new directions . . . :rasta:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The no-till beds at day 62. They are pretty well done, I'm basically just waiting until I have some extra time (Monday/Tuesday) to start to harvest. I'll probably hash most of it and just keep a few jars worth of the Green Crack for smoking.
PicsArt_09-03-10.15.30.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Wasn't getting much interaction here, so I stopped posting updates. The current round is Grass Fire OG by LED Seedz at day 33F.
PicsArt_11-25-08.27.57.jpg