What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reeferman's Hoa Bac Silver Flower

SeedyPast

No offense taken. I'm not one to publicly bash, but felt the need to be forthright about my results, and I don't seem to be alone in my experience.

Quality MJ seeds are not hard to acquire these days. I don't have an issue with having to sift through quite a few landrace beans to find a winner. But in this case, I don't think I got what I paid for, no matter how good the smoke ends up.

I had a Willie Nelson back in '06 or so that would be in my top 5 all-time best plants, so I know Reef can bring the fire. But the ball was dropped somewhere on this. I'd still love to run a legit Vietnamese from him, but I won't be dropping $20 a seed again for an unknown strain.

None taken here either bro. I am the type to bash when needed and ill bash this fool all day long, in public and online lol id pay alot for genetics but not from a swindler like that. No way
@jact55 try a sativa like killing fields instead.

thejact55

Ya the smoke might be good, but beside the point. Sucks when you guys try to run a long flowering unique landrace and get standard product.

- I have 10 tropical seed senegal, 6 ace double thai, and 5 RSC Malana that just sprouted. My tent will be full of sativas shortly :)
But what is this killing field plant? Who bred or sourced it?

idiit

Veteran
But what is this killing field plant?

sann**. sann** pissed of ic back in the day so we can't even mention hi name in forum threads.

there's a purple killing fields that could be good breeding stock.

google "killing fields".

B

Baron Greenback

I had a purple Killing Fields, tasted a lot like Palma Violets sweets - it was ok, nothing special.
i definitely prefer the Ace sativa goodies, longer lasting high, higher yielding and stable for breeding.

Dog Star

Veteran
Haved some Killing Fields,few phenos and all was pretty lame...

dont know Iidit why you mention that strain cause that is definitly not
a breeding stock for anybody... even those that start to grow first time in life.

This weed dont have cannabionids at all,nice coloured hay feel..

Haved some Killing Fields,few phenos and all was pretty lame...

a breeding stock for anybody... even those that start to grow first time in life.

This weed dont have cannabionids at all,nice coloured hay feel..
Seen he s a fan of sativas.. That one has a cool name, unique smell, look, and color
Might aswell toss it in his tent and giver her a go.. I agree the blue pheno is week with the green pheno being more powerful. Just something different i thought id shoot out there
Bred by ******s
I personally like sativa leaning hybrids.. Wish i had more experience with pure landraces

idiit

Veteran

purple. phz/purple killing fields. the phz would be dom in a lot of phenos.

not too many great, potent purple strains for outdoor growers.

purple. phz/purple killing fields. the phz would be dom in a lot of phenos.

not too many great, potent purple strains for outdoor growers.
I agree with that statement 100% its hard to mention purple and potent in the same sentence. If i want that ill take a strain like nyc diesel and flower long, lowering temps near harvest. That was a solid strain ive had luck with but once again, its a sativa leaning hybrid
Anyone try grinspoon? Its a heirloom/landrace from barneys
Can i type barneys here? Lol

B

Baron Greenback

Wrt Grinspoon - no-one has ever found a pheno like the pearl necklace (oooerr missus) one they use for their promo guff.
Ace, Cannabiogen, Original Delicatessen are a good place to start for sativas.
There's some really interesting varieties on Tropical Seeds site too.
Cannot stand Barneys Farm personally, probably get better quality from Barney the Purple Dinosaur :)
www.aceseeds.org will see you right :)

cjs

Wrt Grinspoon - no-one has ever found a pheno like the pearl necklace (oooerr missus) one they use for their promo guff.
Ace, Cannabiogen, Original Delicatessen are a good place to start for sativas.
There's some really interesting varieties on Tropical Seeds site too.
Cannot stand Barneys Farm personally, probably get better quality from Barney the Purple Dinosaur :)
www.aceseeds.org will see you right :)

Is there Malawi that good or is it just hype?
Looking for that old school Panic/Paranoid trippy hallucinating high. can ya point me the right direction please :) No fucking indica please...

B

Baron Greenback

The Malawi is really strong, but it's possibly a little more narcotic than the Golden Tiger or the Zamaldelica - it is outstanding weed and the description on the site is about right.
If dubi says "for experienced smokers" on the description, it's safe too assume that's the case :)
Their "flagship" sativas are all absolutely outstanding and you'll enjoy any of them.

idiit

Veteran
Looking for that old school Panic/Paranoid trippy hallucinating high

ace's zamaldelica. the original release was highly touted as Panic/Paranoid trippy hallucinating high. I don't know if the genetics are the same in subsequent releases.

ace and cannabiogen probably have the best breeding work in landrace sativa seed stock overall. they've earned that reputation.

there are other great landrace sativas available than just ace and cbg lines.

B

Baron Greenback

You'll definitely like them both - plus, if you have questions or problems, dubi is always active here and very helpful. There's some great growers doing Ace genetics, there'll be lots of support if you need it.
Good luck :)

cjs

Yeah I have read a few of he's posts and comments he seems legit and helpful.How does the Malawi compare to Ghost train haze ?would be interesting to see how it compares to sativa dom hybrids

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
My outdoor Hoa Bac's are nearly finished, by the end of September, almost certainly. They've been good growers, and looks like they will yield quality smoke. Unfortunately, I have serious doubts about them being pure Vietnamese.

Bought directly from Reef, so I have no reasonable explanation, unless there was a mix-up on his end, or intentional misrepresentation. They were supposedly feminized, but as BaronGB reported, there were males among the seeds I sprouted. Fair bit of sativa in them by appearance, but buds are quite dense. Aroma is pungent fruit and fuel.

I've grown quite a few sativas before, including Thai and Vietnamese, and the bud structure and aroma on these is unlike any SE Asian I've experienced.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67624&pictureid=1650713&thumb=1]View Image [/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67624&pictureid=1650712&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

They look like they've got some wide leaf genetics in them for sure. Those pics look like I imagine the hoa bac x golden temple kush seeds I got from Reef would look like once they were halfway through flower. Of course, I haven't grown those seeds yet, so I'm speculating.

A former member of reefs site gave me some LP#1 seed many years ago and I made some LP#1 x Nevs haze seeds that I have only grown a few of, but the plants i did grow from those seeds looked similar to the pics you posted as well...although a little more sativa/narrow leaved looking...the buds weren't airy or tight....just kinda "medium" in density. They passed on the limonene terp from the mom quite nicely though.

I'm currently growing Bodhi Sativa outdoors which is a 3-way cross of se asians and it's not gonna finish for at least a couple more months.

HB.

Croissant

From rumors I've heard reefs sativa strains are mostly hybrids he worked landraces I've into which is impressive in its own right.

Think he should shift focus to his sativa strains and let go of his ogwannabes that market is saturated anyway. Reef if you are reading this I just focus on your Sativa's and keeping your customers happy first and foremost before trying to open another site. Customer satisfaction first and foremost dude.

Latest posts

Latest posts