What's new

Red's back

G

guest 77721

Thanks guys!!!

Man my house was stunk up after I took pics and chopped her down.

Looks like I'll be out of business once I get the TL dried up. Honestly, I'm getting tired of growing.

A startup from seeds to flower then a reveg for a second grow is long enough. I don't know how the perpetual guys keep interest going.

Ooooh, I was puffing on Shiskaberry this morning, it's cured nicely and is so resiny, the joint gets all shiny and oily. I'm gonna have a nice little head stash for the winter.

InPotiTrust

Nice harvest Red keep it up...Us perpetual guys keep interest by adding a bagseed every run at least thats what i use to do but my op is shut down for the moment.

I2KanGrow

Thanks guys!!!
Looks like I'll be out of business once I get the TL dried up. Honestly, I'm getting tired of growing.

What, you mean totally stop growing - forever?????

I think that it would be a big mistake, because you'd miss your premo weed, and we (the ICMag community) would miss your valuable input!

So take a break, step-back & wear-down your stash, and perhaps by the time you use-up your stash, you'll be ready to take-on another grow. DON'T toss your growboxes in the garbage, instead toss them in a corner somewhere, OK?

I have a feeling that it'll only take 1 street purchase, for you to realize that you'll need to grow your own in order to "get it right"!

Last edited:
G

guest 77721

Hahaha, I didn't mean to freak ya out..... No I'm just gonna shut down for a bit with a nice little stash of LUI and Thai Lights.

It's gonna be nice to have my house back to normal or is growing normal LOL. I overpowered my filter over the last couple of weeks so I've been keeping pretty private until the TL is jarred up.

My 11 yr old nephew is bugging me to stay over all the time. We just play Xbox all weekend. I renovated my basement last summer and want to do the upstairs bathroom and the kitchen. I'm gonna hire my contractor Darryl again so there goes my privacy. And I'm way overdue to have a house party with my friends.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ur thai lights looks great. yah some times its good to take a break from growing.

even I am probly gunna take a breake from grown at the middle or end of december.

yah remodeling the house is also good to do every once in a while.

G

guest 77721

Harvest Pics

Harvest Pics

Ok guys, here's my harvest reportski,

Legends Ultimate Indica - 9 Weeks flowering 44 grams

PA170002_Large_.JPG

PA260001_Medium_.JPG

Dr. Atomic Thai-Lights - 11 weeks flowering 46 grams
PB070001_Medium_.JPG

PB110001_Medium_.JPG

Grand total this run 90 grams
PB110002_Medium_.JPG

So I'm all jarred up right now with a little over 3 oz for this run.

I'm a bit disappointed with the overall haul but I'm only running 4 * 42W CFL's in my cab since I didn't run the 150 HPS on this run.

Now when I ran my numbers, this was a really successful grow.

Lumens/sqft - 5400
Grams/(Kilo Lumen) - 8.3
Grams/(CFL Watt) - 0.54
Grams/(600 HPS Watt equivalent) - 1.2
LUI 0.58 g/sqft/flowering day
Thai-Lights 0.6 g/sqft/flowering day

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Good shit bro, I'm trying to figure out which of my strains would be the best one to do DrBud 0 veg style I was thinking the Blue Dream since it grows so damn fast but so do this new Oregon Grape bagseed and I think I have a winner! Chem Dog look out there's a new dude on the block that found some magic beans!!!!

G

guest 77721

Hahaha, you have too many strains to keep track of. Do you keep track of your strains and their yields?

My Thai-Light is my favorite hands down. It has a soaring cerebral high and has worked for Migraines. It's an 11 week strain and yields about 8g/1000 Lumens

My Shiskaberry is a good Indica/Sativa mix. This girl came from a DutchTreatxShiskaberry pheno that was very Shiskaberry dominant and popped a few nanner cause I left a light on. Very hashy tasting and dense and sticky. This pheno is a potent smoke and great for Migraines and Arthritis I'm surprised it didn't hermi coming from selfed seeds and took a reveg too. I can puff this in the evening and with no effects the next day. The brownies are awesome and produce a happy buzz with definate medical benefits that last into the next day. It takes 9-10 weeks to finish with a 7-9 g/1000 Lumens yeild. I have a handfull of seeds from her.

The LUI is my medicine. It produces a mellow happy buzz that lasts about 12 hours and brownies last into the next day. Great for Arthritis, Migraines and Asthma when eaten. This is the quickest finishing of my girls at 9 weeks with a yield of 7g/1000 Lumens.

I'd like to run my Dutch Treat x Shiskaberry again. It was a nice Sativa/Indica mix. The 50/50 pheno and the DutchTreat pheno is very nice. And I have some LUIxTL and SBxTL seeds to try out.

G

guest 77721

yieldintensity.jpg

I've been doing some analysis on my grows and to see where my design will go next. It's always a work in progress. The other day I was involved in a discussion about diminishing returns on adding more lighting or increasing growspace.

Anyway, the results of my analysis show that I need to get more lighting in the box. This past grow with 4 x 42w CFL is a step backward from my previous configurations.

My ideal setup will be a 150HPS and 2 x 42W or 6 x 42W CFL. Stay tuned...

Dr 4 four

Nice harvest report Red.

Do you plan on using CS to make more seeds? Also, do you plan on using the same carbon scrubber or go a different route?

Can't wait to see your Frankenstein HPSxCFL cab in action.

G

guest 77721

Hey Dr 4 four, welcome to the Lodge.

I made seeds this last run from two male TL plants. I planted some Shiska self made seeds more or less as a backup plan because I have had problems starting the TL and LUI seeds. They are really puny.

My breeding experiments are going to be with males grown from seed. I feel that the plants are highly inbred so you have to be careful making selfed seeds using like CS or other methods. Right now I'm playing with making simple crosses.

I'm going to include my TLxShiskaberry and TLxLUI on my next run. Simple crosses like these can grow some really exceptional plans due to hybrid vigor.

Stay tuned for my next variation of the growcab. I plan to use mixed spectrum lighting at 10,700 Lumens per SqFt with a 150 HPS and 2 x 42 CFL and with an improved scrubber. The scrubber didn't cut it on this grow.

colonelcrackers

Hey Dr 4 four, welcome to the Lodge.

I made seeds this last run from two male TL plants. I planted some Shiska self made seeds more or less as a backup plan because I have had problems starting the TL and LUI seeds. They are really puny.

My breeding experiments are going to be with males grown from seed. I feel that the plants are highly inbred so you have to be careful making selfed seeds using like CS or other methods. Right now I'm playing with making simple crosses.

I'm going to include my TLxShiskaberry and TLxLUI on my next run. Simple crosses like these can grow some really exceptional plans due to hybrid vigor.

Stay tuned for my next variation of the growcab. I plan to use mixed spectrum lighting at 10,700 Lumens per SqFt with a 150 HPS and 2 x 42 CFL and with an improved scrubber. The scrubber didn't cut it on this grow.

Great info. Wasn't the scrubber for this round just some carbon spray-adhesived onto a filter pad? Making it similar to the Tru-air, just a bit bigger?

colonelcrackers

Sorry for the double post, couldn't edit my original.

How do you feel about doing these plants au-naturale so to speak, as opposed to topping and training? Do you think you would've pulled more if you had scrogged them being that you went this whole round w/ just the CFLs. Light penetration, yada yada... Thanks.

G

guest 77721

Hey colonelcrakers!

I'd love to grow an au natural plant, especially in the backyard. If you look at the natural plants, they look like christmas trees, with a large main cola and some smaller secondary ones around the base. This shape allows the plant to take advantage of diffuse sidelighting.

Now if you see natural plants that grow in a clump or a thicket, they are basically lollipops on long stems. The size of the top cola is as big as it can get with top lighting and competition from the sides.

When growing in a growbox, using SROG, SOG or LST methods to fill the canopy is way more productive than a single plant. The key to any of these methods is to fill your space completely with buds. The other factor is to fill the space completely with pots.

On this past grow, my numbers nearly identical with all the plants between the SOG in 8" pots and the revegged 10" pots which are similar to a LST or a sloppy SCROG. I think I could have done a bit better doing a SCROG cause it would have kept the colas all nice and even. I had a mix of a few dominant with a few secondary buds.

I prefer SCROG and LST methods over SOG. The SCOG is the best to control plant height and will produce a whole bunch of even sized buds. It's like a sea of green with a low plant count. The use of larger pots keeps the water cycle at 3-4 days throughout the grow.

The SOG method has several drawbacks. The high plant count is scary if you are ever caught and the small pot size creates a daily watering chore, not to mention the work in creating clones.

G

guest 77721

I don't know if you guys are following my Lighting Optimization thread at all. It may seem like some math rant but there is something behind my madness. It started as a discussion about the point of diminishing returns with lighting.

I've done some some calculations to see how efficient my grows were compared to other people but I never realized that the smaller lights were considerably less efficient than the larger ones. This lead me to do a detailed analysis of my own grows.

I'm very pleased with my last grow with only 4 CFL lights. When compared to my previous grow with a 150 HPS which represents a 48% reduction in light intensity, I have a 30% increase in g/kl.

What I attribute the 30% increase is the introduction of Big Bud to my recent grows.

Dr 4 four

I would have figured that by adding Big Bud into your recent grows with less light intensity that the plants would produce a bit less than or equal to the 150 HPS.

G

guest 77721

Hey Dr 4 Four,

The reason I'm playing around with the data is to really understand what's going on with the growbox and to see sublte improvements in lighting and nutrients.

The 150 HPS has been my most productive grow todate. My Shiskaberry can produce 4.6 oz @ 8 g/kl, 64 g/sqft and 0.88 g/sqft/day.

My current 168CFL grow is my most efficient. My TL can produce 3.3 oz @ 8.5 g/kL, 46g/sqft and 0.6 g/sqft.

Now if I can run my 150 HPS cab with 16,000 Lumens @ 8.5 g/kL then my cab has the potential to produce close to 5 oz in 2 sqft.

I think the optimum configuration of this cab will be a 150HPS and 2x42 for a total of 21,400 lumens @ 8.5 g/kl with the potential to produce 6.5 oz.

What I am currently observing is that a good grow is Lights + Nutrients + Grow Skill. I'm attributing the current 30% improvement on nutrients as I observed going from Shultz to A/N Bloom to AN/Bloom+BigBud.

Dr 4 four

You definitely have the grow skills to pull it off.

With your next grow, are you doing a scrog or lsting? Also have you done a grow where you have soil that is already loaded up with nutes and just water as needed? Kinda like how blynx does his 1 sqft grows.

Latest posts

Latest posts