What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red's back

G

guest 77721

Hey Hazey, thanks for the kind words man!

It's now day 60 of flowering. I gave the girls a flush out on Thursday and they are really winding down fast now. The flush was additional to running water only since week 7. I'm thinking of giving them the chop very soon.

Overall I've been super pleased with the girls. I thought the Legends Ultimate Indica crossbred with the Dr Atomics Thai would have resulted in an indica dominant plant but they grew more like sativa in the later flowering.

Figuring out when to end your grow is more of a black art and up to the growers judgment than a science.

Brown or red calyxes is the first sign that the plant is slowing down in bloom production but that's not a sign to harvest.

When the plant is ending flowering the trichs change from clear to cloudy to amber. I sample the single blade bud leaves from top middle and bottom of the bud to get an overall impression of bud maturity. It's been my experience that the highest quality smoke has been from the older buds with more potency and complexity in the high.

I see a lot of growers terminating thier grows early with plants that don't reach thier full potential. The idea that clear trichs will give a great high and amber is couchlock is somewhat true but alot of potency is lost by an early chop.

The use of the flush method is abused too. Only water soluable nutes (salts) not organics are removed from the media. If you have been overfeeding all the way through, there is a buildup in the plant tissue that doesn't get flushed out.

Overall you're better to be light handed on the nutes all the way through and run clear water for the last couple of weeks and harvest when the leaves are yellowed and showing fall colours with cloudy and amber trichs.

G

guest 77721

I decided to chop this afternoon. The plants were showing yellow from top to bottom and they've been well run out with 3 weeks of plain water. I'm using the garage this time for drying and have the old drying box packed. I've also got some popcorn spread out on an old window screen for immediate consumption.

Anna all chopped up. That big cola was a beauty.

Charlene - her nugs are rock hard and meaty.

G

guest 77721

Just tasted a bud from the middle of Anna's big cola. Had to do the old 1/2 hour in the oven at 200 trick. My joint rolled with an Elements ultra-thin rice paper burned white and the roach was dripping resin. Very nice....

G

guest 77721

Well I'm all done with Anna and Charlene. Yeild was 82 grams or just under 3 oz. I've got 2 pickle jars and a nut butter jar with trimmed nugs and one nut butter jar with sugar leaves and popcorn buds. I also have a jar full of leaves to make my arthritis oil rub.

I started some Shiskaberry x Dutch Treat seeds in the garage but they weren't faring too well out side. They've been inside for a week now and I just repotted them into nice 4" square containers.
Theres a couple of cucumber seedlings and some basil getting started for the garden too.

Here's Anna and Charlene, and a clone of Charlene in the rubbermaid out in the garage. The reveg girls are looking good and I found some single blade leaves growing on each but it looks like flowering growth.

Latest posts

Latest posts