What's new

Red's back

G

guest 77721

Hey Anti, I'm sure happy you're cab worked out so well. Great job on the buds, you've got some lovely purps!!!

Tonight I chopped my Thai Lights. She turned out to be such a nice plant. I had a good handle on the nutes on my other plants during this grow but lost control of this one right at the end. I was hitting her with nutes pretty good and she showed tip burn, I backed off the nutes and she kept showing more tip burn until she was getting nearly plain water. I'm thinking now the tip burn was a K deficiency starting at the top of the plant. Could be due to the small pot and how rootbound she is. It might have been taking up N and P but not K.

I could also try adding AN's Overdrive to my lineup on the next grow.

picture.php

With fan leaves.

picture.php

I gave her a standing up hair cut. Cutting off the big fan leaves was real easy this way.

picture.php

Well I haven't been the most attentive to my revegging plants. The LUI#1 died and the Shiska is nearly gone. I think I made a mistake by trimming the rootball back to a 4" pot. These guys were really really rootbound. The LUI #2 is still healthy. It will be better now that they are back in the cabinet. I'm not sure if I want to start another grow this summer but I would lke to keep my mother plants.

luv2garden

Red,

Congrats brotha! very nice looking Thai-Lights plant...I hear ya on the Summer grow thing.
I think after my diesel is done I'm done for the Summer as well. I have some Jack Herer I'm trying to sex and might keep for the next run if I get a female as well as Big Pink Pole.
It's just getting way too hot and I had some heat stress towards the end with the NYCD.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor brotha!

L2G

G

guest 77721

I'm on vacation as we speak. I have 5 days booked in a nearby Provincial park on Lake Superior through Canada Day and will be hitting a 3 day Hippy music fest in MI.

It feels good to be done-done-done with the growing. Maybe I'll stick my reveggers into a flowerbed and let nature do it's thing.

One thing about the indoor operation is that you definately have to be around. I've been farting around with this grow since February and the interest is definately not there right now.

Anyway I pulled a little under 3 oz for this round. Not my best effort but I do have some nice smoke.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hey Red, nice journal you've got going here. Plants all look real good, fun to watch the thai. A buddy of mine is running some haze under CFLs and is realizing now, grudgingly, that it is going to go 11+ weeks. Out of curiosity, what did you pull from the Thai?

Have fun at Rothbury and enjoy the new smoke! :joint:

G

guest 77721

Thanks for popping in Rasputing and #1Cheesebuds. The Thai-Lights is still drying. I'll post final numbers by the end of the week. The main cola is about 3x the size of the indicas but is fluffy. I'm hoping for a full ounce and a bit more.

Actually the TL only ran two more weeks than the other plants. I'm not into any production or schedule so it's not an issue. My complaint is that at the end of the grow starts to get boring.

G

guest 77721

Hey, I'm back from my camping trip. It rained non stop for 3 days. Yesterday was nice and sunny and I had a campfire. It's awesome to sit around the campfire and puff away on your own herb.

I jarred up the Thai-Lights today. I came out to 25 grams. Dang, I was hoping for an ounce plus. The grand total for all 4 plants on this grow was 78 grams or 2.8 zips.

Nobody around the Lodge today????

Here's a tidbit... I've recovered 9 seeds from the LUI#1 x Thai Lights. How does Ultimate Thai sound???

Pirates targetted pollination method works!!! I haven't touched the seeded buds on LUI#2 or the Shiskaberry yet.

P1020207_Medium_.JPG

G

guest 77721

Smoke Report #1 - Legends Ultimate Indica (#1)
LUI_1_Medium_.JPG

Well I've been puffing away at my LUI for a bit now. I did a good job on the final flush so it burns nice and clean. There is a sweet berry taste and the smoke is pretty smooth. It's not fully cured yet and since I only got 19g off of one little plant, I may not experience the full cure.

This is definately an indica with mostly a body stone. It's fairly potent, 1/2 a jay leaves me looking at my hands. LOL I'd say about an 8. The buzz last about an hour with about a 6 hour long stoney finish.

This is great rainy day pot and definately a day waster. All you want to do is lay around and watch TV, read or surf.

I'd recommend this as a good medicine for migraines and arthritis. The high isn't too intense but the body stone lasts for 6 hours or more. You can take a puff every now and then without getting too high. I just came off a 5 day camping trip and only smoked 5 joints.

**********************************************************************************************
I've been puffing on the LUI for a while and have recently made some batches of brownies with it. Definately has some medicinal value. I don't seem to get too high from this when eaten and remain pretty functional. It seems to have some anti-inflammatory benefits that last a few days after eating so it's helping my arthritis and has managed a migraine the other day.

I get a gentle happy buzz that lasts for about 12 hours from one tasty brownie.

ryminol

Hey redgreenry,

Great job on your grow, them some beautiful looking ladies.

Anyway, I've read through both your cabinet grows, and have incorporated a lot of your ideas into my own grow box design. Would you mind taking some time out of your day to check it out and leave your opinion/suggestions? My thread is located here.

Thank You,

Ryminol

G

guest 77721

Hey guys,

I'm back from a weekend party at a friends cottage on an island on the North Channel between Lake Superior and Lake Huron. I took my travel trailer so I could party and crash. It is soooo beautiful there. I birthday gifted my friend a selection of Thai Lights, Shiskaberry and LUI and prerolled big fatty of Thai Lights. We took a single toke from the TL fatty when I was setting up my trailer and we were toasted from the single hit.

I met a cool friend of Mike's who owns an island across from Mike's place. He keeps his boat at Mike's dock. Kim has his MMJ card and is really cool. We go and have another little toke off the TL fatty and we're all toasted again.

Kim took me over to see his camp by boat. We burned a joint and then smoked a bowl in a waterpipe before going back to the party. My friends were just showing up for the real party and I'm fully baked.

Every now and then we kept sneaking out to Mike's garage to puff on the TL fatty. Everyone was saying that this was the best pot they've ever smoked.

G

guest 77721

Hey guys,

I've been quietly revegging my LUI and Thai-Lights under 4 x 13W CFL's for most of the summer with 18/6 lighting.

Parking the plants in 8" pots and running minimal lighting gave me a week between waterings and no temperature worries. I've been camping alot this summer and haven't been around to play with fussy plants.

Last week I repotted to 10" pots and flipped over to 12/12 lighting with 4x42W CFL's. They grew about 3" this week alone. I should have some nice buds, each plant has at least 6 main shoots.

I like growing two plants in large pots. The trend lately has been to run high plant counts in small pots for increased yield. I don't disagree with the method or the results but don't want to have to water a bunch of plants daily.

P8280039_Medium_.JPG

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I can tell all of you that it gets tiring watering plants EVERY DAY!! I can't go to tahoe for the weekend cuz my crop would die grrrrrrr

fatigues

Veteran
I've been quietly revegging my LUI and Thai-Lights under 4 x 13W CFL's for most of the summer with 18/6 lighting.

P8280039_Medium_.JPG

Hey Red,

So as I understand it, the above is after a re-veg period of about 50 days or so? Under relatively restrained light?

I must say compared to the stretchy and skinny SOG style plants in your immediately previous posts, these seem significantly bushier and far more filled out. Almost looks like it could have benefitted from a decent Scrog a few weeks back!

In any event, your ladies look much improved. Gratz!

G

guest 77721

Hey Thundurkle, yeah these plants have been so low maintainance I nearly forgot I was still growing!!!

Hey Fatigues, I just trimmed a shopping bag of sucker shoots off the bottom of these plants before I took the picture. Revegged plants have a phenomenal growth rate due to the fully developed roots. If I was in "production" mode, these could have been flowered a month ago.

G

guest 77721

Hey Blueybong, welcome to the lodge. I hope you have your ventilation issues under control.

Here's my revegged Thai-Lights and LUI after 3 weeks of 12/12.

I've pruned all the top fan leaves off the dominant shoots and removed a ton of suckers, like two grocery bags already. You need to prune revegged plants heavily because they over produce a tons of shoots.

Reveg plants make super mothers and can produce ton's of shoots for clones.

Latest posts

Latest posts