What's new

Redrum's Records & Pics

Redrum92

https://www.icmag.com/threads/redrum-is-finally-out-of-the-closet.18126768/
Link to old thread

Hey everyone, this log serves as a record for myself too, so will be quite wordy.

My space is 2'x5', using somewhere between 200-500 watts depending how full it is, mostly of Mars Hydro LED. Seedlings get Happy Frog soil; flowering plants get Ocean Forest. I use RO water, per gallon usually around 3ml CalMag and 2-5ml of Tiger Bloom. I never use any other products or foliar sprays. I only run from seed, and rarely keep plants, no matter the quality, because of lack of cloning skills and lack of space.

Right now running Sour Bubble based genetics, namely Weighted Blanket ("Black pheno" Sour Bubble iX) and Chem91 x SourBubble, from TonyGreen. Most interested becasue it's using the peak BOG SB ('08-'10, mostly BX3 I believe, please correct me, which is no longer available)

Both are regulars, which I don't usually work due to lack of space, but was willing to bite the bullet for this. So far, I've popped two BOG SB, and got one non-impressive male and one terminal runt, both were culled. Got 9 more in the fridge for the future.

I've started 4 WB, and 4 C91xSB, and all have been vigorous, fortunately. I am hoping for 2-3 good females total.

Below is a young WeightedBlanket on the right, showing its trademark thickness, and tendency for darker colors, all 4 looked like that. C91xSB on the left for comparison, all 4 of which were also very consistent/similar: hybrid vigor/stretch, lighter colored.
WideWBnormalc91SB - Copy.jpg

And here is a BOG Sour Bubble that turned out to be a runty male. One of the fan leaves threw up BOG's peace sign. I'm not a believer in anything I can't see and touch, but I still thought it was a nice "sign".

Attachments

• SourBubblePeaceBOG - Copy.jpg
    SourBubblePeaceBOG - Copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Redrum92

I'm in bro thanks for posting. You must use a low-wind breeze in your garden with that perlite as a top dressing.
Haha yep a couple fans on low, mostly aimed around the foliage. I absolutely have had an incident or two of mis-angling a fan at a drier pot and turning it into a dust blizzard.

P.s. that reminds me of something I realized years ago: mixing in 10-20% vermiculite into top layer of perlite will stop it from drying so quickly, if you live somewhere low humidity

Last edited:

Redrum92

C91xSB#3 is a male. Will be culled once 100% sure.
C91SB#3Male.jpg

Below: Inbreeding vs hybrid, again: WB left, C91xSB right. WB showing very thick mainstem, very short internodes, very late side-branching, and generally darker color. The C91xSB gets very hard/woody in the stem very young, whereas the WB stay very soft.
WB,C91SBcomparison.jpg

Group shot, post watering. The C91xSB (in back) are very sensitive to wetness, as you can see, and droop immediately, until they dry a little.
WB,C91SBgroupshop.jpg

They all appear to be nearly mature, so hopefully sex will be determined for all of them within a week or so. Even under 20/4 they show preflowers when ready. Eager to stop caring for so many males.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Two Weighted Blanket fan leaves, one noticeably darker. All WB consistently have giant fan leaves, and incredibly consistent morphology in general in veg, pretty much the only variation is color.

20230511_093318 - Copy.jpg

Group shot of the 3 younger WB.
20230511_093053 - Copy.jpg

Extremely slow veg pace for sure. Topping really didn't help, but I can't grow single-cola style, so I had no choice

Last edited:

Redrum92

The one on the right has a waterlogged look, too, with swollen leaf tissue.

It sure does. It seems to be a Sour Bubble trait, definitely see it in that other older thread with the BX3s. The two darker plants have that droopy leaf look whereas the two lighter ones didn't, no matter the moisture in the dirt or air. Noticeable even in the younger pics above.

Also interesting that the C91xSBs are sensitive to overwatering, but very erect otherwise, while the dark pheno WB don't mind being wet, but are a tad droopy no matter what

Last edited:

Redrum92

The three remaining C91xSB looking much more like normal hybrids (#1,#2,#4) especially the two on the left (#1,#2). #3 was eliminated for runty and male, like #4 to the right, which is probably soon to follow because of its refusal to grow anything but height. Hoping for at least one female out of the remaining two.

First strain i've ever grown with noticeable smell in veg. The halitosis chem smell is present already. Enticing me to breed with the males since it's dominant enough to overwhelm SB traits
C91SB #1,2,4.jpg

Last edited:

Redrum92

Looking like the younger generation of 4 C91xSB and 3 WB are all male. Still on the early side, but if so 0/7 female would be a bummer, if so, I'm 2 months behind now, my perpetual will have a big gap in it.

That's the risk you run with regs. I thought starting 7 seeds hoping for 2 females was excessive, but I didn't want to risk wasting any further seeds on females I didn't have space to keep.

Definitely going back to my standard "fems only" after this one for a few runs. No hate on those who like regulars, and certainly not hating on the genetics, but with my limited space, it's just not worth risking that amount of time, work, soil, water, nutrients, and light to have 0 bud.

A close up of what is likely some tiny balls, pretty much how they all look:
SB#1Male - Copy.jpg

Sausage fest?:
WB,C91SBwk8groupshot - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Redrum92

Next journal will be going back to 2 old favorites I had in the fridge, that I know to be reliable: Big Detroit Energy, and Strawberry OG Cookies. Fems :)

If any of the males end up particularly interesting, will post updates, but this log is going to be sparse for females unfortunately

Last edited:

Redrum92

Don't have to do one or the other. Can mix in fems and cuts to make it less of a sausage fest.

0/7 is pretty bad luck though. The odds are about 1 in 128. Still very possible of course as your experience proves.

I haven't completey given up hope. Still young enough that sometimes the first preflowers just come out a little weird. Could be a female or two in the bunch.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Weighted Blanket male. Huge fan leaves, lil plant.

WB#3Fan - Copy.jpg

I may have been too hasty: as some of the preflowers grow, it appears two of the C91xSB may be females after all. 2/7 aint bad. I'm no expert. Chime in if you are good at determining sex early. Still hard for me to tell for sure.

C91SB#1:
C91SB#1 - Copy.jpg
C91SB#2:

C91SB#2 - Copy.jpg

If that's the case, this log shall go on after all! Good news for me, and all of the Sour Bubble and Chem91 fans out there waiting for pics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts