What's new

Redrum is finally out of the closet

Redrum92

I have lurked this site for over 10 years, and never been able to contribute anything of my own 1) because I've always been very small-time, strictly personal/hobby growing, there's just not much to show, but mostly 2) the constant fear of living under prohibition.

Because this has only ever been a hobby, it was never worth it for me to move my family and I to a legal state just for that. Well, life brings strange things to us all, and I am now going somewhere I can share without cop nightmares and paranoia.

Once I am settled and set up, I have a massive load of pics to drop. Probably 1/20 have survived the years, but, you know, safety first. I'll start with my old favorites (once site gets fixed, what fucking timing lol) and then eventually keep a running log of what I get going in the future.

Thanks to all Icmag people past and present whose knowledge allowed me to produce this bud, and whose beautiful pics inspired me to keep getting better. I've never felt good about taking more than I give, so this is the beginning of me repaying that debt.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Here comes the big load, boys.

All pics to follow are old. Will probably make a new thread going forward as a diary.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Screenshot_20230430-131858_Photos.jpg

Miracle plant, mystery plant, not sure what to call this beauty

Last edited:

Redrum92

Enough of the highlights.. now we go back to The Bagseed Project, my extra humble CFL attempt at restarting after years off. Got a bag of mids with at least 15 seeds. Went through about 10 of them without finding anything good. Didn't feel like wasting money on seeds that I didn't have the skills to do justice.

Bagseed - no-name mids.
20200706_160852 - Copy.jpg
20201205_200752 - Copy.jpg
The shape/structure of the pic above gives me Bubba Kush x Sativa landrace vibes
20200706_160828 - Copy.jpg

Beautiful variety of fall colors in the buds and fan leaves as they matured, no matter the temp, and some got super frosty, but very boring in every other way. Not particularly potent or tasty, not super vigorous or resilient.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Bagseed - slightly better no-name mids
bagseed (4) - Copy (1).jpg
bagseed.jpg
bagseed (3) - Copy.jpg
bagseed (2) - Copy.jpg
bagseeed - Copy (1).jpg

The Second Bagseed Project, as you can see skills have returned a little at this point. Still growing under CFLs, maybe a couple 15w LED bulbs

Beautiful, some of my favorite pics, but no character to it. Boring, weak high, mild citrus/sour soapy smell mostly, but some smelled and tasted perfume-y soapy, in a way that reminded me of a grandma's bathroom, and not in a good way. One of them smelled like seasoned steak.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Big Detroit Energy - Ethos

20230426_095923 - Copy.jpg
20230426_095903 - Copy.jpg
20230426_100109 - Copy.jpg

Favorite shot^^
20230426_155129 - Copy.jpg
20230426_100212 - Copy.jpg

Big Detroit Energy

Only ran one plant, so can't judge the line as a whole. This one was high potency, sedating, calming. Medium high density. Smell and taste are half citrus, half savory/broccoli, very odd, but not unpleasant, to me. Surprisingly smooth smoke after very little cure. Liked the shape of the plant, reminded me of an OG hybrid.

Last edited:

Redrum92

Strawberry OG Cookies - Ethos
20220626_075740 - Copy.jpg

Young Strawberry OG Cookies (purple pheno) above. My absolute favorite structure, aesthetically. Praying, thick leaves.
20220730_141101 - Copy.jpg
The green pheno pictured above. Rest are purple pheno.
20220730_081403 - Copy.jpg

20220730_085710 (1) - Copy.jpg
20220808_075022 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Pheno #1 (purple pheno) on right. Pheno #2 (green pheno) on the left. Both of them taste and smell very strongly of sweet strawberry. Medium-high potency. Winner, but didn't end up keeping, which I regret.

Last edited:

Redrum92

GMC - the only clone i've ever taken in, from a very good, old friend. Stands for Greg's Mystery Cut, or Greg's Miracle Clone. It's just a placeholder name. Friend popped many seeds without labeling, and its name has been lost to time. Possibly related to Durban Poison.

GMCorigins - Copy.jpg

The humble origins of the mysterious GMC. Is fungus the key?
GMCday63fFINISH (1) - Copy.jpg

Finished plant (day63F) with supports. Branches completely touching the floor when support removed.
GMCday56f - Copy.jpg
GMCday55f (4) - Copy.jpg
GMCday63fFINISH (7) - Copy.jpg

True to sativa/narrow-leaves, was very sensitive to burning. Not happy with how fried the fan leaves turned out. Will do better next time. This is the epitome of keeper for me, and if the backups survive, it will be run forever.

It had 3/4 orange pistils by day 35F, strangely fast maturing relative to the sativa character. Due to timing of some life events, I cut around day 63F, but i didn't see a single amber trichome. Next time will see what happens into the 70-80s into flower. It didn't have as extreme of a stretch as I expected, but it did have the sativa-style buds: more pointed than round, slightly airy, flexible buds, rather than rock hard and dense.

Potency: 8/10. Extremely strong for a sativa/narrow-leaf dominant hybrid, in my experience. Strong enough to not be overshadowed by even the most elite modern cuts. You'd remember this one the next day, the next week.

Very trippy high, but right in the middle of stimulating and sedating, with moments of each. Flavor is complex: mango first, maybe a hint of grapefruit-y citrus, with a slight note of sharpies and carrots, with a back end of the standard "weed" smell of gas-and-skunk. That doesn't do it justice. It's the most unique weed i've ever smelled. Even pre-cure, it's brown, grinds up very dark brown. Very odd.

Last edited:

Redrum92

That's the dump of the highlights of the older stuff. There is more, but unfortunately 80% of the strains I've run in my time have never had pictures taken out of paranoia. I may add more later.

Going forward I will likely start a strain based thread to keep up on future work, because I usually work a small cluster of relatives together. Next up is Sour Bubble: incrosses and hybrids (Chem91 x Sour Bubble, and the Sour Bubble "black pheno" F2/F3 - Weighted Blanket). Likely will post a fuckload of pics to compensate for so many years of never being able to document and share.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's going to get good around here now that you have that fear off your back. I'm looking forward to watching this thread. Thanks for sharing your work friend, and keep us posted.

Redrum92

A little more:

Mandarin Sunset
20220728_085935 - Copy.jpg

Young, maybe 3 weeks into flower.
20220728_085956 - Copy.jpg
20220729_090831 - Copy.jpg
20220803_182644 - Copy.jpg
20220829_184309 - Copy.jpg

Here it is chunking up a little later, i believe about 6-7 weeks. Takes after its Herijuana parent: not sleek and shiny, but hits like a truck.

MandarinSunset#2 - Copy - Copy.jpg

She cuts a stunning figure, at least for my tastes.

Last edited:

goingrey

GMC - the only clone i've ever taken in, from a very good, old friend. Stands for Greg's Mystery Cut, or Greg's Miracle Clone. It's just a placeholder name. Friend popped many seeds without labeling, and its name has been lost to time. Possibly related to Durban Poison.

View attachment 18836811
The humble origins of the mysterious GMC. Is fungus the key?
View attachment 18836812
Finished plant (day63F) with supports. Branches completely touching the floor when support removed.
View attachment 18836813 View attachment 18836814 View attachment 18836817
True to sativa/narrow-leaves, was very sensitive to burning. Not happy with how fried the fan leaves turned out. Will do better next time. This is the epitome of keeper for me, and if the backups survive, it will be run forever.

It had 3/4 orange pistils by day 35F, strangely fast maturing relative to the sativa character. Due to timing of some life events, I cut around day 63F, but i didn't see a single amber trichome. Next time will see what happens into the 70-80s into flower. It didn't have as extreme of a stretch as I expected, but it did have the sativa-style buds: more pointed than round, slightly airy, flexible buds, rather than rock hard and dense.

Potency: 8/10. Extremely strong for a sativa/narrow-leaf dominant hybrid, in my experience. Strong enough to not be overshadowed by even the most elite modern cuts. You'd remember this one the next day, the next week.

Very trippy high, but right in the middle of stimulating and sedating, with moments of each. Flavor is complex: mango first, maybe a hint of grapefruit-y citrus, with a slight note of sharpies and carrots, with a back end of the standard "weed" smell of gas-and-skunk. That doesn't do it justice. It's the most unique weed i've ever smelled. Even pre-cure, it's brown, grinds up very dark brown. Very odd.
Are you growing liberty caps in your cloning cups?

Latest posts

Latest posts