What's new

Redbeard

im confused... pie plates of oil laden butane???

I dislike scraping so with good material we reclaim most of the butane and then vent the system outside, take the top off as the column has already been removed, go outside and pour the butane out. We have a couple pie plates sitting on pots of hot water. We then pour into each dish. You have to make sure the pie plates are bigger than the pot so that you don't have the potential for steam mixing with the oil.

I had one of our appions repaired by AirClean, had one sitting around, and have a third. I'd like to try out the yellow jacket XLT or whatever it is called. Honestly, I don't think any system is going to work so you might as well go with fast and relatively cheap.

One of my customers is buying the Haskel and they mentioned you might have to replace the seals a bit more often, but I don't think he clarified what their definition of run time is compared to ours when running dry.

We've upgraded to using 12x12 spools and there is a perceived difference in recovery time. Because we single blast, I can't honestly say a specific time because there are so many variables in play. The amount of butane in the tank, how packed the material is, how long I run, etc.

All that being said, I can reclaim quicker in the same amount of time as a 10x12 spool but I am able to pour into less pie plates. When running bottom heat, the time isn't enough to worry about

Snype

Veteran
I had one of our appions repaired by AirClean, had one sitting around, and have a third. I'd like to try out the yellow jacket XLT or whatever it is called. Honestly, I don't think any system is going to work so you might as well go with fast and relatively cheap.

One of my customers is buying the Haskel and they mentioned you might have to replace the seals a bit more often, but I don't think he clarified what their definition of run time is compared to ours when running dry.

We've upgraded to using 12x12 spools and there is a perceived difference in recovery time. Because we single blast, I can't honestly say a specific time because there are so many variables in play. The amount of butane in the tank, how packed the material is, how long I run, etc.

All that being said, I can reclaim quicker in the same amount of time as a 10x12 spool but I am able to pour into less pie plates. When running bottom heat, the time isn't enough to worry about

Before you said that you were using 10x12 spools but now it looks like you are saying that you are upgrading to 12x12 spools? I'm confused. Are you going to be upgrading the 2.5 pound model or is everything fine the way that it is?

Also how can you not say about how much time that it takes and add in your own variables so we can get an idea of how things are working in your specific conditions? I would also like to see some pictures.

we were using 10x12's but upgraded to using 12x12's and sold those smaller systems to friends.

we have two larger models... the 2.5lb system comes with the 10x12 spool and the 5lb system comes with the 12x12 spool. Of course you can run almost any sized column on either of them. In our situation, we often run our 3x36 material tube on our 12x12 spool. The two different spool sizes look the same except one is obviously bigger

I use to pay a whole lot of attention on time when I ran cycles, but now that I only do one long blast, I pay less attention to time. figure about 1.5 to 2.5 hours for reclaiming if you run it cold the whole time. Maybe 40 or so minutes if running bottom heat.

I'm sorry if I'm being vague on times but there are too many variables to give a specific time. It is like asking what something will yield... it just varies

What would you like to see pictures of?

Snype

Veteran
we were using 10x12's but upgraded to using 12x12's and sold those smaller systems to friends.

we have two larger models... the 2.5lb system comes with the 10x12 spool and the 5lb system comes with the 12x12 spool. Of course you can run almost any sized column on either of them. In our situation, we often run our 3x36 material tube on our 12x12 spool. The two different spool sizes look the same except one is obviously bigger

I use to pay a whole lot of attention on time when I ran cycles, but now that I only do one long blast, I pay less attention to time. figure about 1.5 to 2.5 hours for reclaiming if you run it cold the whole time. Maybe 40 or so minutes if running bottom heat.

I'm sorry if I'm being vague on times but there are too many variables to give a specific time. It is like asking what something will yield... it just varies

What would you like to see pictures of?

Do you have any good pictures that show some details of the 2.5 pound model? Also how much of an added charge is it to also get the 1 pound column as an addition to the 2.5 pound model? I'd rather wait to buy the new model when you have the polished look to it that you said that you are working on. When do you think that new model will be available?

at the moment I'd check out instagram but I'll see if I can transfer some pics over to here. The new lids and what not arrive in about a week or less and are electro coated

As for a 1lb column, I'd just use a 3x18" spool and I just charge whatever glacier or brewers would charge.

Are you running just one appion at a time? Have you tried 2 at once?

Yes, but with one on the bottom spool and the top isolated and using its own appion. This was using a 5lb spool but without column heat.

It was quicker, but I just don't pay that much attention anymore.

I did order up some 1" heating tape off zorotool and made by briskheat to wrap the material tubes up for when it is time to recover... should work nicely.

Snype

Veteran
at the moment I'd check out instagram but I'll see if I can transfer some pics over to here. The new lids and what not arrive in about a week or less and are electro coated

As for a 1lb column, I'd just use a 3x18" spool and I just charge whatever glacier or brewers would charge.

I'm a little confused. Is the lid going to be electro coated or is the whole system going to be electro coated? If the whole system is going to be done that way, when do you see this happening? Is it just for looks or is this electro coated process for something else?

The whole thing will have a higher level of polish than the stuff we've seen in the past from anyone. I don't believe all of it is coated, but pieces that weren't welded are just polished up really well. It all is already done, this isn't something we are waiting on.

I actually didn't ask for it, I just wanted a finer finish which makes for easier cleanup

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The whole thing will have a higher level of polish than the stuff we've seen in the past from anyone. I don't believe all of it is coated, but pieces that weren't welded are just polished up really well. It all is already done, this isn't something we are waiting on.

I actually didn't ask for it, I just wanted a finer finish which makes for easier cleanup

Are you having it electro coated or electro polished?

ajnagrekoms

At Dabface Concentrates we have 2 extractors from RB and Joe has answered every question every phone call every time. We've also purchased MKIII's from specialized and the difference in customer service is out of this world. That means a lot to me. If you are an experienced extract artist no matter what machine you end up choosing you should be able to produce a nice product. + i can blast from the top down or bottom up. If im running for edibles instead of pouring out after every tube i can run up to 5 tubes consecutively because i can pull a vacuum on the column separately from the collection vessel. I havent looked at the sweetleaf very closely but i know for a fact you cant do that on a bhogart. So for me the choiceswas clear. RB FTW!

2 posts and how is it FTW? RB can't even say if electro coated or polished. I'm voting polished. Would love to see the brother make this work. Website is still down. Adapt or die.

I never indicated and the samples came back quite shiny/polished and never thought to ask. Thinking about it, I would imagine polished would be the answer.

Meeting with website guy tomorrow.

We will adapt. Obviously we are overwhelmed and working on our infrastructure so that a year from now, things will be immensely smoother. Luckily my competitors haven't set the bar especially high and they have been around for so much longer.

At Dabface Concentrates we have 2 extractors from RB and Joe has answered every question every phone call every time. We've also purchased MKIII's from specialized and the difference in customer service is out of this world. That means a lot to me. If you are an experienced extract artist no matter what machine you end up choosing you should be able to produce a nice product. + i can blast from the top down or bottom up. If im running for edibles instead of pouring out after every tube i can run up to 5 tubes consecutively because i can pull a vacuum on the column separately from the collection vessel. I havent looked at the sweetleaf very closely but i know for a fact you cant do that on a bhogart. So for me the choiceswas clear. RB FTW!

Well thank you!

I know that not everyone will feel this way but we are working on making the process smoother for all