What's new

Redbeard

Snype

Veteran
The essential oil extractor market is wide open for everyone, but only a few will survive, for a litany of reasons. Some despite the best intentions and efforts, as well as moral charter and some by business suicide.

For those of ya'll hankering to join in, I offer the following observations.

80% of all new businesses fail in the first two years.

There is more than one way to approach the market window for essential oil extractors, and the fish trap exists only because of the fish.

The choice of business style is a fish trap and usually clearly reveals the assumptions followed, as well as the nature of the fish sought.

If your fish is all the low hanging fruit, with no intent of harvesting repeat business, your tactics need not nurture your customer relationship. Grab the money and run!

If on the other hand, it is your intent to nurture an image as a backbone in the industry, that people think of first, your fish trap is designed to not start off with pissed off customers, and to not casually either ignore them, or tell them to take a hike for being unreasonable.

Using the principle of OPM. If you collect a lot of Other Peoples Money up front, you can place a larger import order, and make more money faster.

The down side is that nothing coming by boat from China will go smoothly or as planned, so there will be inevitable delays.

Having someone available to contact that list of customers and hold their hand while they tell you how disappointed and inconvenienced they are repeatedly, to make sure you understand, therefore becomes a cost of business when conducting affairs in that manner.

Such hand holding is damage control, not to be endearing to customers, but not close to the turn off that, "WTF just happened to my money and the person that charmed me out of it?", draws from the customers deepest primal emotions.

A fish trap designed to denigrate and devalue the competition, rather than promote why your product has more utility at the margin, suggests that your product and service has no attributes to sell that are better than the competition, so it is necessary to downgrade the competitions image to improve the odds.

One thing that I've clearly learned in 70 plus years, is that actions are what is real and words are manipulated by most of us cunning linguist.

If you want to know a persons underlying beliefs and assumptions, just watch and see what fish traps they design, and their actions over time.

Wishing everyone jumping in the best of luck, but add the caveat to not forget the people part of conducting such a business and plan for it in your business plan.

If you don't possess such charm and patience yourself, hire someone that does

Also that most businesses fail due to underfunding, so don't base your business plan on sitting on other peoples money, because there will be less and less of it available as word gets out.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gray Wolf again.

Everything you said is spot on! I appreciate all of your work and knowledge. You're a real class act.

Lono

The essential oil extractor market is wide open for everyone, but only a few will survive, for a litany of reasons. Some despite the best intentions and efforts, as well as moral charter and some by business suicide.

For those of ya'll hankering to join in, I offer the following observations.

80% of all new businesses fail in the first two years.

There is more than one way to approach the market window for essential oil extractors, and the fish trap exists only because of the fish.

The choice of business style is a fish trap and usually clearly reveals the assumptions followed, as well as the nature of the fish sought.

If your fish is all the low hanging fruit, with no intent of harvesting repeat business, your tactics need not nurture your customer relationship. Grab the money and run!

If on the other hand, it is your intent to nurture an image as a backbone in the industry, that people think of first, your fish trap is designed to not start off with pissed off customers, and to not casually either ignore them, or tell them to take a hike for being unreasonable.

Using the principle of OPM. If you collect a lot of Other Peoples Money up front, you can place a larger import order, and make more money faster.

The down side is that nothing coming by boat from China will go smoothly or as planned, so there will be inevitable delays.

Having someone available to contact that list of customers and hold their hand while they tell you how disappointed and inconvenienced they are repeatedly, to make sure you understand, therefore becomes a cost of business when conducting affairs in that manner.

Such hand holding is damage control, not to be endearing to customers, but not close to the turn off that, "WTF just happened to my money and the person that charmed me out of it?", draws from the customers deepest primal emotions.

A fish trap designed to denigrate and devalue the competition, rather than promote why your product has more utility at the margin, suggests that your product and service has no attributes to sell that are better than the competition, so it is necessary to downgrade the competitions image to improve the odds.

One thing that I've clearly learned in 70 plus years, is that actions are what is real and words are manipulated by most of us cunning linguist.

If you want to know a persons underlying beliefs and assumptions, just watch and see what fish traps they design, and their actions over time.

Wishing everyone jumping in the best of luck, but add the caveat to not forget the people part of conducting such a business and plan for it in your business plan.

If you don't possess such charm and patience yourself, hire someone that does

Also that most businesses fail due to underfunding, so don't base your business plan on sitting on other peoples money, because there will be less and less of it available as word gets out.

Thank you for the wisdom GW :)

I purchased six CLS's in total plus three ovens and four edwards pumps (1 which was replaced because it was DOA and 1 other is leaking oil) thru RB Extractors. That being said and having attempted to contact RB regarding things, this is the conclusion I came to....

RB Extractors is the WORST one-man biz to go to pick up an extractor. He started his biz by getting a ton of ppl to pay a down payment so he could go pick up the units wholesale (He sold me a 5lb unit for 5k before deciding to get his parts overseas). He said "If you don't order these now, you won't get them by 4/20/2014!"... and they got delivered more than a month later on may!!!! WTF?!?!. He will pick and choose what emails to answer from customers that have spent more than 15k with him. . His excuse is "My partner fucked it up" after messing up literally every one of my orders (no joke). He even cussed at me in emails after I questioned him why the vacuum hoses in the new invoice were listed at 3 times the cost he originally cited. After getting in a heated exchange, I just apologized and told him to fix the price and send me the parts so I could go on with my day. He forgot things in all my orders and had the balls to tell me to stop questioning him because he knows what he's doing and then of course he ends up forgetting something and says "my partner is retarded". Every single shipment was either missing something or forced me to purchase even more stuff from him that he should have had me purchase in the first order. He missed the bottom lid on my first 5lb unit order and then the ball valves on my second order. Then he blamed AI and delayed the shelves for my ovens for another week. He also blindly recommended me to buy Reftec Diablo pumps before even testing the durability of the pumps. Now I'm stuck in limbo with $1600 in useless pumps due to his bad recommendation. Also, he promised extra tubes as well since I had spent so much with him but he has no intention of sending me any so I am filing a PP claim for some of the money I sent him since he is not holding his end of the bargain. He just deletes all IG posts that are anything negative regarding him.

Conclusion, I highly suggest staying away from Redbeard Extractors! I can't even list all the problems I had with the guy because there are too many to list. He sells the MK3 unit, which is nowhere near as good as the MK4 which you can easily piece together as long as you can acquire a lid! I had to modify all his units the day I got them to make them more efficient anyway so his machines are obsolete by themselves...

Also, if you want his vacuum ovens, just go to provac from santa cruz, cali! all you need is a business license I believe! Better than paying his silly tax.

icdog

That is unfortunate. I can help you if you have any further equipment to purchase.
The mk3 is an awesome unit just not as flexible as the mk4

What did you modify to make his units obsolete?

prune

Veteran
That jealousy and bad temperament may play well in your small world, but i see ZERO chance that your attitude is going to play well for one second, come customer service time. I will always do business with a nice guy over an unmitigated asshole like yourself.

I know and understand that "I told you so's!" are frowned upon in polite quarters, but above is quoted one of the warning posts from the first pages of this thread about RB.

I am laughing that last laugh now tyler...:moon:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
RB is still bad mouthing any company that isn't his. He just called all the other companies unsafe and morons on IG(only place he feels safe as he can ban people). Terp extractors defended them selves and he banned em, along with others who also spoke of their horrible experiences. I have zero respect for this guy now, I could care less how good his machines are. treating your customers the way he did is inexcusable.

RB if your reading this, you can go shove that ban hammer where the sun dont shine. Grow up and admit to your mistakes, you fucked up, not everyone else. I use to tell people about your great machines, now i tell them what a unorganized asshole you are. I dont see your business lasting long.

What is IG?

t
That is unfortunate. I can help you if you have any further equipment to purchase.
The mk3 is an awesome unit just not as flexible as the mk4

What did you modify to make his units obsolete?

I'm actually looking at Rotary Evaporators but I might end up ordering it thru alibabaexpress. I picked up a used ancient looking buchi locally but it was way too old for me to be able to justify the 1500 price tag.

I modified the entire MK3 so it is now functioning as an MK4.
What kind of equipment are you talking about? Who is the gentleman on icmag with knowledge of the buchi evaporators and has a good source on them?

Lono

How is this asshole still operating?!?!

Can't the SBA do anything about this?? RB is basically scamming people out of their money...

Demacho that really sucks man. Hope everything works out for you in the end.

PS: that website though...http://www.redbeardextractors.com/

"it's almost done, web guy is just finishing it up"-redbeard in april

His only source of acquiring new biz is only through Instagram. I'm trying to get his paypal and or bank account frozen until he fixes my issues. He owes me a pump and multiple tubes. I'm pretty sure if I told his bank he was selling bho extraction equipment , they'd probably shut him down..

Chonkski

I seen your post on terpp extractors IG demacho!

I with ya 100%!
That pic that you said that on was actually a pic of my product. (Nectar)

Dab Genius

Hi, I'm Dab Genius we specialize in rotary evaporators. What size and features are you looking for in your rotovap? Important things to consider when purchasing are temperature stability in your waterbath and vacuum stability in your rotovap. In our setup, we opted to go with a simpler rotovap and a more complex smart vacuum pump. This gives us more stable results. Another thing to consider is the amount of material you intent to run and how often you want to monitor it. Please let me know if you have any other questions that we can help you with.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, I'm Dab Genius we specialize in rotary evaporators. What size and features are you looking for in your rotovap? Important things to consider when purchasing are temperature stability in your waterbath and vacuum stability in your rotovap. In our setup, we opted to go with a simpler rotovap and a more complex smart vacuum pump. This gives us more stable results. Another thing to consider is the amount of material you intent to run and how often you want to monitor it. Please let me know if you have any other questions that we can help you with.

How about posting some pictures?

Latest posts

Latest posts