What's new

Redbeard

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are paying for a banner advertising a product for sale you ought to have a functional website with an actual product for sale. It really is a bad look and does not inspire confidence. It really just gives your competition a leg up and frustrates any potential future customers.

When i go to a site and it says inquire for pricing. I just move on. obviously its someone small company who thinks they can wheel and deal on things... cmon man set a standard... I am actually in the market for a closed loop system. But $ talks..

UNREGISTRD

SWEETLEAF..End of story!!!

I dont understand why anyone would waste there money on any other closed loop!!!

They have put all these other guys..bhogart, redbeard, etc back to the hills for R&D

At least Bhogart has pricing on there site...

MEMED

inline dewaxing is cool and all. I like being able to assure ive removed most of the waxes and shit. Sometime i ssd 2 or 3 times if my injection wasnt cold enuf and im working with trimmy material. I still get precipitation nastys. I like the involvement. I would potentially use in line ssd as a preliminary step if i had it. but not an end all. Ive never had an issue with open atmosphere ssd cept recovering alot of the tane. I can grab most of it back if I wanted to to save myself work from topping off my tank but not all of it. My vote is still on the open source concept of the terp. I think building your system is an important part to this art form. If you practice it as an art, and not an income stream. Shortcuts are good for production. My process is by no means speedy! Im working on it, and will develop it as I grow. Thats my prerogative.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
I too clicked the banner in hopes of some pricing..

I agree it's a bit off-putting to not have pricing clearly marked.
But, pretty much all of these Extractor websites seem to have the same issue.

At least the ones I've visited..
I even ordered a MKIIIa Terpenator from SF for my buddy that works at a dispensary as he got frustrated in trying to order. He had no response to emails couldn't get anybody to return his inquiries, no pricing, nada...

I simply emailed the sales rep and had the Terp en route a couple weeks later.

Just seems like this is common with the CLS, as it's popularity is just skyrocketing atm.
Just my 2 pennies..

Sorry guys... we are a small outfit and often the limiting factor is someone else who is out of our control. Our website guy is working on updating pricing, but as it stands, the website is a work in progress.

If you are familiar with us, you know we've had several products to sell for quite some time, but again, the website is the last thing to have happen for us. You can just as easily email for details.

For those of you interested:

150g for 1250
1lb for 1500
2.5lb for 2750
5lb for 3500

I realize some of you are going to be unhappy regardless rather than appreciating the fact that we provide amazing systems at very fair prices. We are growing quicker than expected, and yes, we are a bit overwhelmed. Things will fall into place, but it takes time. If you don't understand this and expect us to be this big fancy outfit, please, go elsewhere.

As for Unregistereds comments about sweet leaf. They do not have a website with anything but their logo, their systems are wildly expensive (read:they are ripping you off), and they are VERY unsafe in their current 2.0 version. I see how you talk to others and you are a bit of a negative person/troll. So really, sweet leaf needs to go back to the drawing board as their current unit is an accident waiting to happen. And really, this is how sweet leaf advertises... they act like know it all's /trolls on IG and elsewhere

If you don't have the patience to wait while we iron out the kinks and show a little understanding, then by all means go with someone else. You'll pay more, get something that is possibly unsafe like the sweet leaf or bhogart, and I won't be hurt in the least bit. For those who are patient and understand what it takes to make a small business such as this work, well, I'd love to have your business.

thank you

Last edited:
Give the man a break, some of his competitors don't have prices posted either. And unlike Specialized Formulations, there's a much greater chance that RB will respond to any questions or problems his customers have within a reasonable time frame.
Not only that, but if you follow his IG or read the product descriptions on his website, you can tell that he is constantly improving the design to make processing easier and safer for the operator.

Kudos to you Redbeard, congradations on the site/banner as well.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand. I was just trying to help. As an entrepreneur, I have seen the negative repercussions related to this issue. I have seen good plans and designs stolen by bigger companies. If you have any unique features to your system, I would strongly advise you to look at any trademark or more importantly seek patent opportunities that you may have; because, I'm sure that you have put a lot of time and money into this endeavor.

thank you HST! this isn't us just making oil and selling to the shops... :/ you are absolutely right, only bhogart lists prices, so I'm not sure where these guys expected us to do so. We were in the process, but our web guy is out of town.

Starting a legitimate business is really hard. You have to negotiate city regulations, opening a business checking is a pain, you need to use stuff like quickbooks, have a cpa, coordinating with suppliers is frustrating, figure out how to keep track of everyone, whose paid, how they paid, and don't forget the same person will kik/email/hit us up on IG and none of the names match up yet they expect you to know who they are, plus we make oil, constantly improving our product, trying to make it as safe as possible, trying to get warehouse space, move to it without interruption, answer questions, trouble shoot, update social media, designing a stainless recovery tank, working on getting ETL certification, building a team of construction people who can build compliant lab space, and so much more.

Not that you know this, but we are only a two man shop and haven't been doing this for more than 8 or so months. Given that bhogart, sweet leaf, and whomever else have been doing it for years, well... what is their excuse for not having all this figured out already, providing fair pricing, or excellent customer support? I know they all struggle with returning emails and phone calls and most of them have a much bigger crew to draw upon than us.

I don't see any of the other extractor companies investing in the forums or even having a presence except for their lackey trolls who verbally abuse others to make their particular company sound better.

So like any new company growing quickly... we are experiencing growing pains. Those who can cut us some slack and be patient will be rewarded with some excellent values. We are quickly surrounding ourselves with some excellent people... it is just a process that does not happen overnight

@ RB extractors. I am probably going to buy a closed loop from you. I am currently shopping for one. This not showing pricing... that is a load of garbage. but you have responded today faster than any emails i have sent. Which makes me believe you are interested in a timely manner. Thank you and i appreciate the speedy response! I cant wait to see your website in full running :)

icdog

RB has always been upfront with his product pricing as well as being one of the most useful contributors of info in this field.

Lizard Fish

I found out the price pretty easy just by emailing, and will be ordering one shortly. The fact that RB is here on this forum constantly giving input on what works and what doesn't is far more valuable to the community Than UNREG who cant even support his idea of why Sweatleaf is better. Thanks

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
A 3x36 tube does not hold 1135g and a 4x36 tube does not hold 2270g.
In my experience, a 3x36 will hold 600g tightly packed.
And don't get into grinding it up, because ground up materiel produces
crap product. As does machine trimmed materiel.

prune

Veteran
Sorry guys... we are a small outfit and often the limiting factor is someone else who is out of our control.
I realize some of you are going to be unhappy regardless rather than appreciating the fact that we provide amazing systems at very fair prices. We are growing quicker than expected, and yes, we are a bit overwhelmed. Things will fall into place, but it takes time. If you don't understand this and expect us to be this big fancy outfit, please, go elsewhere.

If you don't have the patience to wait while we iron out the kinks and show a little understanding, then by all means go with someone else. You'll pay more, get something that is possibly unsafe like the sweet leaf or bhogart, and I won't be hurt in the least bit. For those who are patient and understand what it takes to make a small business such as this work, well, I'd love to have your business.

thank you

LOL, turnarounds a bitch, huh Tyler? All that bad-mouthing you did on the Terp threads about SF and Carla, and now you're a big-snot manufacturer having the EXACT same teething problems! sour little ass...

prune

Veteran
thank you HST! this isn't us just making oil and selling to the shops... :/ you are absolutely right, only bhogart lists prices, so I'm not sure where these guys expected us to do so. We were in the process, but our web guy is out of town.

Starting a legitimate business is really hard. You have to negotiate city regulations, opening a business checking is a pain, you need to use stuff like quickbooks, have a cpa, coordinating with suppliers is frustrating, figure out how to keep track of everyone, whose paid, how they paid, and don't forget the same person will kik/email/hit us up on IG and none of the names match up yet they expect you to know who they are, plus we make oil, constantly improving our product, trying to make it as safe as possible, trying to get warehouse space, move to it without interruption, answer questions, trouble shoot, update social media, designing a stainless recovery tank, working on getting ETL certification, building a team of construction people who can build compliant lab space, and so much more.

Not that you know this, but we are only a two man shop and haven't been doing this for more than 8 or so months. Given that bhogart, sweet leaf, and whomever else have been doing it for years, well... what is their excuse for not having all this figured out already, providing fair pricing, or excellent customer support? I know they all struggle with returning emails and phone calls and most of them have a much bigger crew to draw upon than us.

I don't see any of the other extractor companies investing in the forums or even having a presence except for their lackey trolls who verbally abuse others to make their particular company sound better.

So like any new company growing quickly... we are experiencing growing pains. Those who can cut us some slack and be patient will be rewarded with some excellent values. We are quickly surrounding ourselves with some excellent people... it is just a process that does not happen overnight

Are you completely unconscious? THAT is your one and ONLY modus operandi! You've spoiled forum after forum since last year with your constant belittling of anyone and everyone who doesn't suck up to your vapid experience.

That jealousy and bad temperament may play well in your small world, but i see ZERO chance that your attitude is going to play well for one second, come customer service time. I will always do business with a nice guy over an unmitigated asshole like yourself. (and that's the spade, folks!)

browntrout

Veteran
Clearly they just started the website and most likely the company too. The website design is contracted out based on the concept, working with some web developers is a real pain.

Doesn't mean they should advertise though, They may just be testing the waters as well. Feedback like yours helps to create well designed and functioning web pages, so please be mindful of that.

BT

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Don't know the history of the drama prune is bringing, he could very well have a legit bone to pick here. I don't really care.

Respect for being a paying advertiser and supporting ICmag as opposed to seeing how far you can bend but not break your account(as green dot did).

As soon as I heard you were going to be a paying vendor on IC you had my attention. It's about time someone stepped up.

You will probably have my business in the future as well.