What's new

Redbeard

A6 Grower

Veteran
i think terpp is almost to the point of more posts then RB in this thread.... At least hes responding to CUSTOMERS lol. That DIY kit is a great deal!

Terpp

Can we order the DIY kit with the 2x24" tube?

Absolutely! We are going to be adding a drop down selection for sizes, clamp style (Single hinge or High Pressure) and gasket type (Viton, Buna, or PTFE) on our website soon. In the meantime if you want to customize your order you can email me [email protected] and I'll tailor a order to your needs.

icdog

Grow you should have one of those parts that terpp listed, it might be a straight piece though but it is the injection part for the system and they all need one.
Get those pics up when you can especially the ball valve ends you don't have.

Jdubba

I was in the market for a closed loop and went with Terpp recently. Austin took the time with me to answer a bunch of closed loop newb questions. To be honest I exchanged a couple emails with redbeard prior to going with Terpp. Answers were delayed days and the last email I sent asking if he squared away pricing yet went unanswered.

Hey redbeard, ya gotta fire who ever it is you have working on the website. I went through this with my business and you will not regret it. Some people get shit done and some people take for ever. I moved on and found a guy that had my site up and running in under a week. Put on your big boy shoes, its part of being a business owner....... CAN HIS ASS, ask some business owner friends to refer you to a GO-GETTER. Spend a whole day writing the material for the site, hand it over to the guy and he should do the rest.

Kg35590

An update. There has been an outreach on RB's behalf. Pushed back on or two more times, but promises Monday. It's not so stressful when there's a line of communication. I was promised two of four, of the total machines I purchased; the 2.5 lber and the 5. I'll take anything, happily at this point. Excited for Monday, I'll post pics. *fingers crossed*

Hash Man

My diablo just died after two months. Lets not forget rb recommending the reftec line to the entire community. I wonder how many people bought diablos or handivacs based on his recommendation, and then realized it was a piece of junk with no warranty. Back to appion for now. Thanks a bunch redbeard.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I've posted it before,

but if you saw this guys posts as mr_durden , You wouldn't have given him a dollar !!

The name change , pseudo professionalism , and instagram made for a slam dunk Con game for unsuspecting purchasers...

Grow4Flow

icdog,
Here's what i got, what do you think?

F4EEF1D5-0590-43C2-8C54-0976A14B6000_zpswjasse4j.jpg

Think this will be OK?
365952AC-9F07-4D87-9028-6A25BACFC272_zpsiaulesws.jpg

icdog

Ok you say you ordered the 1lb system.
You are definitely missing the injection piece which Terpp.
However I think you also have a different problem. I am pretty certain that RB's 1lb system comes with a 6"x12" spool ( there is a pic on his instagram ) and it looks like you have a 6"x6" spool. Is that correct?
Looks like you have a 2" wide column and it looks like you have 1.5-2" end cap reducers so that makes sense.

The potential problem is a 1lb tube might be too much for a 6x6 collection pot which is the reason why his pic shows it with the deeper pot. The problem is overfilling the pot with butane leading to a potential wrecking of your recovery pump.

So you need the injection port and a bigger pot, of if you can't get a bigger pot get a smaller tube and work from there.

The scuffing on the sight glass should be ok, the gasket should seal it but you need to pressure and vac test it.

Unfortunately you are 99% there. If you were in Canada I can get you the parts :)

Grow4Flow

That was the problem too! What was said and what was done. Now I have a system that cannot be used or to its fullest potential.

This really frustrates me, and I feel it's because 1) I expressed to RB that I knew nothing about these; so there's an opportunity to get one over on me. And 2) I got in his "Shit list" for pointing out his business faults.

now i'm wondering if i have the correct sized column too, or if he just sent me a 1/2lb system all together.

Last edited:

Hash Man

That was the problem too! What was said and what was done. Now I have a system that cannot be used or to its fullest potential.

This really frustrates me, and I feel it's because 1) I expressed to RB that I knew nothing about these; so there's an opportunity to get one over on me. And 2) I got in his "Shit list" for pointing out his business faults.

now i'm wondering if i have the correct sized column too, or if he just sent me a 1/2lb system all together.

I would send that sight glass back for a new one, but i didnt buy mine from redbeard. Again, i suggest calling bhogart to buy the correct size column and hardware. You might be surprised. If they sent u that sight glass and it showed up scuffed up, they would replace it free of charge.

And they don't have a shit list. I am a high maintenance customer and they have been nothing but helpful and friendly, and i bet they have what u need in stock.

Grow4Flow

the column that was sent to me measures 2.5" across from lip edge to lip edge and approx 34" in length, does this sound about right for a 1lb column?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
And they don't have a shit list. I am a high maintenance customer and they have been nothing but helpful and friendly, and i bet they have what u need in stock.

I thought I was the only high maintenance customer!!!

Not only can we call/text the owner and get a response within a hour. Just about everything is in stock there. As a added bonus, its only a 40 minute drive from my house...

Hash Man

You wont fit an lb in there. U should be fine with that column if u aren't using to much solvent. What size solvent tank r u using? Its gonna be easy to overfill a 6x6 collection pot. Remember, u don't want to suck liquid up into you appion because you will be losing yield.

Grow4Flow

You wont fit an lb in there. U should be fine with that column if u aren't using to much solvent. What size solvent tank r u using? Its gonna be easy to overfill a 6x6 collection pot. Remember, u don't want to suck liquid up into you appion because you will be losing yield.

so this is NOT a 1lb column? i don't have the tank yet, didn't make much sense to me to purchase it when i didn't even know if i would get my extractor, but now i have it, it is no different than NOT having it, useless.

These parts were so terribly packaged, it's no wonder why things are dinged up. everything was thrown in the box and layered with bubble wrap.