What's new

Recycled/Reused/ Reammended/Reloaded/ Reupped/Retarded

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
....hows the nose on the ldawg this round?

Bro, LDawg is probably one of the LOUDEST weeds in my garden atm. Has been since the first time I ran her, and she doesn't seem to be one bit quieter this time around :)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good lap...can we get a shot of the whole bed before u start chopping?

thanls,
peace-T-

D3pthCharg3

Great to see this thread going again, I am really digging it...
So much so I need to thank you for the inspiration, I'm converting a little 2.5' x 2.5' chelated coco tent into a GeoPlanter bed 'cause of this thread, beautiful flowers indeed...
I am wondering if you would please go into more detail on your re-amending process for all of us first time bedders, and thanks again Lapides

Lapides

Veteran
lookin good lap...can we get a shot of the whole bed before u start chopping?

thanls,
peace-T-

The only cam I have is a DSLR that I have only ever owned a macro lens for. So it's very difficult for me to get any more than 3 colas in a shot. This round wouldn't be the best display of my canopy skills tho anyway. I just got over an 8 month inability to get many clones to root, so I've been growing short handed lately. Ideally, I like to have 8 plants in each 2.5'x5' bed - 2 rows of 4. It's easy to get 2oz+ plants if they've been vegged for a few weeks. Which gives 1lb+ per bed, or 2lb+ per light as I have 2 beds per 1kW.

Great to see this thread going again, I am really digging it...
So much so I need to thank you for the inspiration, I'm converting a little 2.5' x 2.5' chelated coco tent into a GeoPlanter bed 'cause of this thread, beautiful flowers indeed...
I am wondering if you would please go into more detail on your re-amending process for all of us first time bedders, and thanks again Lapides

My re-amending process has changed a bit since I've started. I WAS adding back in 1/2 of what the original soil recipe called for, including ewc, lime, all that, FOR THE ORIGINAL TOTAL VOLUME of the beds. I was spending a silly amount of time stirring all that shit back in, all the while destroying all the wonderful colonies and pathways and systems the microbes had built up over the past 70 days.

After 4 or 5 rounds of doing that, I am quite certain that I have an abundance of nutrients remaining in the beds, both from unused leftover, and nutrients that may have newly been made available by the decomposition process.

But I hate working. And doing that shit was a lot of work AND counterproductive.

So what I've been doing lately is this. I veg my plants in those square 1.25qt containers. When they are ready to transplant, I dig out holes in my beds a little larger than the 1.25qt container and put that dirt into a bucket and amend THAT volume with the full amount of the called for ingredients, minus the ewc, and I have been getting away from lime lately as well. Into the hole goes a handful of fresh worm-filled ewc from my bin. And then the plants, and then I backfill the amended dirt.

Easy fucking peasy.

I recommend reading Teaming With Microbes. I was getting bored with growing pot and this book got me SO EXCITED about growing again.

I also HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting stoned while you garden and LISTEN. Once you have your beds healthy and alive and teaming with all the good shit, they WILL talk to you. Just like the plants do, the microbes and other life will tell you what they want and need.

I leave my ego at the door of my growroom and let nature dictate what happens. I just do my best to listen and make sure all the components are there for everything to be happy and harmonious. That's my job.

Lapides

Veteran
For those too slow to recognize, that post above is a HUMONGOUS gift.

You're welcome :)

bobblehead

Veteran
Teaming With Nutrients was pretty good too, but Teaming With Microbes was the most beneficial for me. Jeff does a good job of simplifying things.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice picture drop man, the macros are sexy!!!

ima have to nominate you next month if you keep it up

cool strains too, never heard of shire, good stuff.

Lapides

Veteran
Teaming With Nutrients was pretty good too, but Teaming With Microbes was the most beneficial for me. Jeff does a good job of simplifying things.

I totally agree. Teaming With Nutrients bored me with all the science that I just really don't need to know. I didnt even get past the first few chapters I dont think.

I think the Shire is SSSDH ojd's cup winning cut

Close, you're right about the SSSDH, but Shire is a selection found by Dr.Longbottom. Great weed for sure, I've been reaching for it more than gg4 to be honest.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think OJD's cut is stateside anymore...

I had to pull down before I ever got to share it with peeps. By all means, Lap should have been able to tell us the difference between the two cuts....but I dropped the ball there.

I'll get that OJD cut back though...

dank.Frank

bobblehead

Veteran
I totally agree. Teaming With Nutrients bored me with all the science that I just really don't need to know. I didnt even get past the first few chapters I dont think.

Lol I skimmed right past the biology stuff, b/c I got an A in biology so I didn't need to have mitochondria etc re explained to me... but I only got a C in microbiology so I read that book front to back. Even Jeff admitted in the nutrients book that it wasn't as captivating as the microbe book.

Former Guest

I did add more lime, but iirc, I only noticed it a few days after transplanting to that bed, which also doesn't mean the spot wasn't there before I transplanted. And those spots REALLY had me noided, because it was my first go with the recycled, so I was on extra alert to find more/new spots.

I haven't seen ANYTHING like it since.

edit: also back then I was still transitioning my veg area to get off bottles and they most likely weren't as happy as they could have been.

I saw this a few days ago reading your thread and suggested to Mikell to check ph (I know) and he did and turns out it's fluctuation in the beginning but your microbes adjusted it tight away.

Congrats on your engagement!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Looking lovely in here, Lap. Some of those close-up shots are POTM material. LDawg puts out some serious resin. That's Legend x Casey, right?

Killing the beds man, nice work.