What's new

Rebirth of a pc grow case

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey BC nice bit of growth there bro whats that about a week? Looking good and keep it up.

Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog::xmasnut::tree::smokeit:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey thanks b00m for popping in..
Believe it or not, its day25 for that little thing...UGH..hope it gets taller...Looks healthy though..161 watts really makes it happy...I have LST'd the main stem and 2 smaller side ones so they all can get light
thanks

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Oh yeah b00m..nice looking plants you grew!got to let me in on some secrets..its my first micro grow so its all a learning experience

S

spacecaser

BC, are you planning to use a screen in there? (scrog) or just LST'ing

Im sure they'll get taller man. You've got plenty of watts in there, and they're definetly healthy plants.

So.. you say 25 days. Is this total from seed? And how many days 12/12? or did you start 12/12 from seed?

Looks like lots of fun!:xmasnut:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
glad I/we could help..Here are a few pics..I think you can see that LST is the way I went..not sure if the camera got it or not..if not, I will post one later...
You can already see how the LST has worked and its only been 2 days! Very good for micro grows and reall y easy..as long as I don't rush things, it will be okay..little buds are starting to show up everywhere
Thanks everyone

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Don't worry..they won't melt if you have a good wind blowing on them..mine are very cool to the touch after 18 straight hours on..Thanks Rhyolite!! 3 are ceramic but 3 are plastic..all work great..

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Oh yeah b00m..nice looking plants you grew!got to let me in on some secrets..its my first micro grow so its all a learning experience

Hey bro, not sure what you would like to know, but I'll do my best to all ya questions. What I did was find every post/thread by LifeLess, Dr.BudGreenJeans, regreenery, thundurkle, (actually there is too many to list, but you see where I'm going with this?) then customize to your situation, shit bro I'm still refining and sorting shit out every grow. You just have to find what works best for you and crank the shit out of them plants. I mean grow them to their best potential with love and kindness. :whip:
Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
thanks b00m..
Day 30,,She's getting taller now..fed her Iguana Juice, and a pinch of Big Bud I got for free...
my fan controller burnt out too..lucky I was close because with 161 watts and no fan, it got very hot..that was my problem all along, not my fan..its working great now with temps at 76-77 which is pretty good for 161w in a pc case!
Does it look any better now?
Look forward to feedback...:thanks:

K

kidkannabis

Now thats one bushy lil momma! HA! Good nutes, good temps just makes good buds! NICE!

S

spacecaser

BC!, she looks like a happy camper in there! Good work:)
Observation: Im no guru, but you might wanna put a screen in there next time to spread out the canopy horizontally. Otherwise the plant(s) will do the single cola vertical thing like she is now. If you had put a screen in there during veg. your plant might look more like 2 or 3 plants;)

Oh, and Im still confused about your veg time here. How long did you veg before going to 12/12?

Keep doing what your doing cus she loving it man!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey everyone..
Thanks kidcannabis, Scrub and spacecaser for your comments..
this grow was partly to learn anda test run for the pc case..seems to be working okay..happy..
Its an EasyRyder seed I got for free with some skunk/haze seeds I bought..thought if I screw this up, its not a total loss..next run it will be the skunk/haze for sure with a Scrog screen..its all ready to go for the next time...
So, in answer to your question spacecaser,its been 18/6 all the way..there is a tad too much nitrogen(crappy store bought soil) so I've flushed with straight water..
Anyone know how many times I should flush before going back to Bloom feeding??
Or should I just let it go and hope for the best?
the tips of the leaves(mostly older ones) had turned yellow..
i appreciate any help..

Thanks

S

spacecaser

Hey BC, Yep sounds like you could have lock out going on in the soil. Is the soil pre-fertilized? Like a miracle grow slow release fertilizer type soil?
If its just bad generic potting soil then it could have all kinds of crap in there. One good flush/leaching w/ same amount of water as there is soil should clear it out(2gallons of soil-2 gallons of water). I would feed them again as soon as they need it (wait for one good dry out at least)
If its a pre-fertilized soil then its hard to say. Its difficult to know how much of what is in there, but best guess is that its probly high in nitrogen as that is normally what is in abundance in soil like that. If this is the case try not feeding at all for a while after leaching and watch closely for deficiencies :watchplant: Introduce bloom nutes slowly. Start small and work up.
When using soil, I like to flush once in a while just to avoid lockup, I had to learn this the hard way;):2cents:

Keep up the good work! The next run will be even better:)

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey bruz watch those store bought soils with premixed ferts, you can cook ya plants real quick especially when you start adding ferts ya self. Check ya ph of water going in and out bro, imo that is a good place to start if you are getting lock out of nutes. Double the amount of ph'd water to the amount of soil, 2liters of soil will require 4liters of water to be flushed properly, then gentle on the bloom ferts at first. PH'd water is essential with soil that you don't know quite what may be in it, just my :2cents:. Shoot me a PM bruz if you would like to know specifics of my setup or any more questions on soil etc, I'm no expert at all but we can all help each other out. Good luck with it all, it looks good from down under.

Peace.
:eggnog: :tree: :smokeit:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks b00m..you are so right..This miracle grow that I used still has those fert pellets floating around and its been 35 days! I thought they were gone for sure after all the waterings Dr.Bud stlye..
I got my scrubber yesterday(whew) and had to mickey mouse it on till this grow is over then I can install it properly.It works awesome!!
Still going at 161 watts with no problems at all.In fact I could put 1 more light in but theres no room...
So, I watered her (with plain water ph'd to 6.5-7) and she seems happier now.
Should I soak 1 more time with plain water?
The Iguana Juice Bloom has a ratio of 4-2-6 so thats more nitrogen.I am concerned since that miracle grow doesn't want to leave:xmasnut:UGH..
Can anyone help??
Thanks all:santa1: