What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
Muhammad Ali

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
and a lawyer to contest it...
Your commenting on a specific incident (moment in time). I capture/d the overall essence of what he was saying. He's not the only one who possess that mentality.

Muhammad was a brilliant man albeit not a very good husband. I watched many of his interviews over the years. Pretty darn good for an AA from Louisville.

Muhammad do you know where Vietnam is? Ya, it's on TV.

That particular moment definitely did not portrait him in a good light. But, his philosophy on life as a whole was sound, which gave/garnered him the respect he rightfully deserved. :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
" his philosophy on life as a whole was sound..."
absolutely. many of those that tried to look down on him did so for reasons that do not require explanation here. it -really- pissed a bunch of them off when he refused to say "yassuh" and shuffle off to Viet Nam... the ultimate scientist in the boxing ring. :good:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“He who joyfully marches to music rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.”
~ Albert Einstein

mexweed

Veteran
“You’re gonna beat cancer, and I’m gonna beat George Foreman.”

“No champ, I’m gonna meet God and tell him you’re my friend.”

you-re-gonna-beat-cancer-i-m-gonna-beat-george-foreman-muhammad-ali.jpg

moose eater

"I hope you live long enough to forget half the stuff they taught you....." (Alejandro Escovedo)

(From his tune for his son, 'Down in the Bowery', from his CD 'Street Songs of Love')

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.
British Ex Pat Thomas Paine - Read by George Washington's officers to their men on Dec 23rd, 1776