What's new

Really Cool Quotes

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
"Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
- Henry Ford

GP73LPC

Veteran
"Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marihuana in private for personal use... Therefore, I support legislation amending Federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce of marihuana."
- Jimmy Carter

GP73LPC

Veteran
"We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption."
- John Adams

K

KSP

"I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast."

Ronald Reagan

"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong."

Friedrich Nietzsche

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

Buddha

GP73LPC

Veteran
ha, ha, i read that one too ^^^ he went on to say

"If adults want to take such chances (with marijuana) that is their business."

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
"This is your brain on drugs."

"This is your brain on drugs."

The Partnership For A Drug-Free America

brought to you by -

Partnership for a Drug Free America Corporate Sponser List
Chairman's Circle ($100,000 or Higher)
Comcast Cable
Consumer Healthcare Products Association
MetLife Foundation
Purdue Pharma L.P.
Platinum Medallion (Between $99,999 and $50,000)
Cardinal Health Foundation
Eastman Kodak Company
Johnson & Johnson
Joseph Drown Foundation
Major League Baseball
The Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation, Inc.
The Procter & Gamble Fund
Gold Medallion (Between $49,999 and $25,000)
BASF Corporation
Bayer Corporation
F. M. Kirby Foundation
GE Foundation
General Motors Foundation
GlaxoSmithKline
Kimberly-Clark
McNeil Consumer Products
Merrill Lynch & Co., Foundation, Inc.
Perrigo Company
Pfizer Inc.
Schering-Plough Foundation
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Division
Silver Medallion (Between $24,999 and $15,000)
Exxon Mobil Corporation
PACCAR Foundation
Bronze Medallion (Between $14,999 and $5,000)
Bloomberg Financial
ChevronTexaco Corporation
Client Business Services Inc.
Corning Incorporated Foundation
Endo Pharmaceuticals
HBO & Company
Hershey Foods Corporation
Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Mesa Police Department, Arizona
National Association of Chain Drug Stores Foundation
Phoenix Police Department, Arizona
Qwest Foundation
Snell & Wilmer Charitable Foundation
The E.W. Scripps Company
Tribune New York Foundation
Walgreen Co.
Gala Donor ($5,000 or Higher)
Allen & Company, Inc
Alliance for Consumer Education
American Express Company
AT&T Wireless Services, Inc
BBDO Worldwide
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Brown Partners, Inc
Cablevision Systems/Rainbow Media Holdings
Center City Film and Video
Comcast Cable
Consumer Healthcare Products Association
Court TV
DDB Worldwide Communications Group, Inc
Discovery Networks
Element 79 Partners
Entergy Corporation
General Electric Company
Giuliani Partners LLC
GlaxoSmithKline
Grey Global Group Inc.
IBM
Independence Blue Cross
Johnson & Johnson
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Lazard Fr?res & Co. LLC
Major League Baseball
McCann WorldGroup
MetLife Foundation
Moodys Corporation
MTV Networks
National Basketball Association
New York Post and News Corporation
Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
OMD Worldwide
Outdoor Life Network - Gravity Games
Purdue Pharma L.P.
Schering-Plough Corporation
Showtime Networks, Inc
Sony Corporation of America
TBWA Worldwide, Inc
The Bank of New York Company, Inc
The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc
The Kaplan Thaler Group
The New York Times
The Walt Disney Company
The Washington Post Company
The Xerox Foundation
Time Warner Inc.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc
Turner Network Sales
Yahoo
Partnership Partner ($4,999 or Higher)
Alliance Capital Management LP
Automatic Data Processing,Inc
Caterpillar Foundation
Colgate-Palmolive Company
Hallmark Corporate Foundation
OMNOVA Solutions Foundation, Inc.
Schuck & Sons Construction Co. Inc.
Scottsdale Police Department, Arizona
The Chubb Corporation
The Ohio National Foundation

mrcreosote

Veteran
I'm guessing that the Foundation For A Free Drug America wouldn't be quite as successful at fund-raising...

GP73LPC

Veteran
in honor of thanksgiving...

i give you Ben Franklin on the subject of the National Bird...

Franklin's Letter to His Daughter (excerpt)

"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country...

"I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America... He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on."

ah hell, i think our founding fathers chose correctly... but... the Bird of bad moral Character described by Franklin fits our modern day politicians...

oops, did i say that aloud....

Last edited:
K

KSP

This doesn't happen in America. Ohio maybe, but not in America. :D

Homer Simpson

GP73LPC

Veteran
Thomas Jefferson's Warning To America

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

K

KSP

Another factor in maintaining balance involves the element of time. As we peer into society's future, we -- you and I, and our government -- must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow.

Dwight David Eisenhower in his farewell address to the nation, 17 January 1961

GP73LPC

Veteran
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."
Mahatma Gandhi

“The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced”

-Albert Einstein

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I really love this quote from Nancy Pelosi. "We have to pass the bill before we can see what is in the bill."
Never thought this was the way things were supposed to work in DC but I guess it's the new norm.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
United States Constitution (just preable) One of the best documents ever written.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."