What's new

Really Cool Quotes

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
imagination is more important than knowledge....
knowledge is finite, imagination encircles the globe...
albert einstien

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
I bargained with life for a penny
And life would pay no more
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store

For life is just an employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.

I worked for a menials hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have willingly paid.

HempHut

Some Nietzschean aphorisms:

"Being nationalistic in the sense in which it is now demanded by public opinion would, it seems to me, be for us who are more spiritual not mere insipidity but dishonesty, a deliberate deadening of our better will and conscience."

--Notes

"Against an enemy. How good bad music and bad reasons sound when one marches against an enemy!"

--The Dawn

"And to say it once more. Public opinions-- private laziness."

--Human, All-Too-Human

"Enemies of truth. Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."

--Human, All-Too-Human

"Not suitable as a party member. Whoever thinks much is not suitable as a party member: he soon thinks himself right through the party."

--Human, All-Too-Human

"Corruption. The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in high esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

--The Dawn

"One rarely rushes into a single error. Rushing into the first one, one always does too much. So one usually perpetrates another one-- and now does too little."

--Twilight Of The Idols

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot.
- Bob Dylan

C

cyberwax

It is better to be quotable than to be honest.
-- Tom Stoppard, Unknown , born July 3, 1937

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
-- Unknown , Unknown , Unknown

All below from Babylon 5, G'kar (rip)

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Our thoughts form the universe, they always matter

Last edited:

BERED

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."..

"The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person."..

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."..

"Parents are like God because you wanna know they're out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something."..

"If you love something set it free, but don't be surprised if it comes back with herpes." ..

"No matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close." ..

-Chuck Palahniuk..

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"E oni wale no 'oukou i ku'u pono 'a'ole e pau."
"Endless is the good that I have given you to enjoy."
-- Kamehameha I, May 8, 1819

The Uncola

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back to you- Hunt it down and kill it!!

I love Mark Twain- I think he may have been the best American of all time!!

I

InvisibleEmpire

"They call it the American Dream...because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace, and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. Corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption will follow and the money power of the country will endeavor and prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people, until the wealth is aggregated into a few hands and the republic is destroyed."

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864
(letter to Col. William F. Elkins)
Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia

"So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint."

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me."

bs0

There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

-Red, Shawshank Redemption

C

Cookie monster

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
- Louis Sabin

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."
- cowboy wisdom

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
"Live your life like that of a rose. In silence speak the language of fragrance."

Himalayan saint.

Amber Trich

if noah had the benefit of hindsight on his ship he could have snatched up two unicorns and left behind the mother fucking pigs -aesop rock

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes."
- Josef Stalin

"[I'm not even going to try.]"
- HUGE (paraphrased by me)

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used.
The reason the world is in such chaos is because things are being loved
and people are being used." ...Unknown