What's new

real pitbull info thread pics welcome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Gamebred - Bred for gameness. Gameness - Dog fights/works till it is physically exhausted. Are pits gamebred for herding sheep?

EDIT - Yeah, I suppose you could unlock recessives breeding for temperament/breed standard, and a certain low% would be game, but IME, the dogs pups are pretty predictable if you know the parents. If you breed 2 dogs on the basis of 'great dog, he is tolerant and submissive, AND meets the breed standard to a female with the same qualities, 95% of the pups will fall somewhere between the parents in ALL aspects.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I really want a buck skin pink nose pit.
Mine is on the right, they are sisters, and I got the daddy too.
S7301571.JPG

MtnKuSh, you don't have any grow pics/threads let's see some of your dogs. Maybe I'll see 'what it's all about'.

barletta - You're right. I like your posts. I still disagree and agree that Gameness means fighting(sure it does) but it also means it excels in sports as well. Not just dog fighting.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
RO, Yeah, game dogs do what they do till they fall over from exhaustion. But the pitts are not working dogs. We all know what the breed has been selected for/bred towards. So to say I have a 'game' dog when referring to a pit, it expressly implies that you know the dog to 'do what pits do' till there is no more go. I can safely say that the people on here that say they have 'gamedogs' aren't launching dummy ducks into the water for hours on end till the dog starts to hyperventilate. They either want to sound cool and say 'I have a gamebred pittbull', OR the dog is proven that he will go till the end, OR his parents are proven. In the case of a pit, they don't prove their 'gameness' generally by herding sheep, or pulling a dogsled, etc... Of course of you are taking your dogs to wieght pulls/rope pulls, you can say you have a game dog, but again, how many of the posters ever take their dogs to events?

Gameness is well discussed in the original post (or the one below it, I don't remember)

C

Cookie monster

Why is it every pitbull thread turns into a fighting/gaminess thread?

Yes they have the potential to be a nasty dog but what dog doesn't?
I don't know i think all this debate over temperament and so on only fuels the bad press the breed gets from the media.

Whens the last time you seen a story on the news that showed the breed in a positive light apart from watching the dog whisperer.

The root of the problem with pitts lie's squarely at the hands of those that breed them or the majority at least and this applies to pretty much every breed of dog.

Breeding from dogs with a high level of aggression and not home checking prospective buyers has damaged the reputation of the breed perhaps beyond repair.

When i bought my 2 boxers i went to see the parents and litter and both breeders insisted on inspecting the conditions where their pups would end up before agreeing to a sale

Were the same to be done with pitts then would the breed have such a bad rep i doubt it.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea im with you Red ... I see more detail put into this dog thread then most put into their grow threads.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Does detail in either (den or grow threads) bother you in some way, bud? I thought the original post was the most detailed of the lot, and it seems to be rather useful.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=950
^^detailed grow thread^^
Didn't start it here, cause I was running a Dee-N-Ay plant, and didn't want the thread to just disappear one day...

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Why is it every pitbull thread turns into a fighting/gaminess thread?

Yes they have the potential to be a nasty dog but what dog doesn't?
I don't know i think all this debate over temperament and so on only fuels the bad press the breed gets from the media.

Whens the last time you seen a story on the news that showed the breed in a positive light apart from watching the dog whisperer.

The root of the problem with pitts lie's squarely at the hands of those that breed them or the majority at least and this applies to pretty much every breed of dog.

Breeding from dogs with a high level of aggression and not home checking prospective buyers has damaged the reputation of the breed perhaps beyond repair.

When i bought my 2 boxers i went to see the parents and litter and both breeders insisted on inspecting the conditions where their pups would end up before agreeing to a sale

Were the same to be done with pitts then would the breed have such a bad rep i doubt it.

Nicely said.

Most rescues do the same in-home inspections to place APBT's as well, in fact I was required to put fencing around my property (at no small expense), carry pet insurance and agree to never take my rescues to a dog park.....among many other items I agreed to in a contract that was larger than the first home mortgage docs I signed many moons ago.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the breed and always will be....

:joint:

MtnKuSh

MtnKuSh, you don't have any grow pics/threads let's see some of your dogs. Maybe I'll see 'what it's all about'.
lol 7,000+post on OG 5,000 on IC and a few hundred on MP and a few thousand here when i was a member years ago.. i dont have to post stuff up to prove your a retard> those that know me.. know me well..those that dont can go to ..well you know
your a true dogmen with tons of knowledge..ill just sit here and learn sumthing:moon:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
A quick glance at your posts hints that you didn't have 12k+ posts on weed boards as of 2 years ago. Your posts say 'where do I get cuts in my state?', and 'gee I can't wait to get these 4 packs of greenhouse seeds.' No gallery, no albums, no nothing.

You seem like a talktalktalktalktalk kinda guy to me.

Quick question, did you move to the area with the BSL's after you had the 8 bully dogs? That seems responsible. I only ask, cause one of your posts says that you are 'new to ...city'.

EDIT - So could you tell me what you were referring to with your '...what it's all about...' comment? What does the term "it's" refer to?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Internation Cannabis Magazine

Internation Cannabis Magazine

Does detail in either (den or grow threads) bother you in some way, bud? I thought the original post was the most detailed of the lot, and it seems to be rather useful.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=950
^^detailed grow thread^^
Didn't start it here, cause I was running a Dee-N-Ay plant, and didn't want the thread to just disappear one day...

Well it is a MJ site.....

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
No. It's an 'approved seed manufacturer's only' website. There are ~a dozen non weed related sub forums, and this thread is in one of them. If the level of detail of this thread is above and beyond that of the grow threads, perhaps an examination of why the 'grow thread detail' is lacking is in order. I would gather to say that the binning of threads that include a plant from some 'unapproved seed manufacturer' has a negative effect on the quality of future threads/posts of the thread starting member. I know for a fact that the possibility of binning led me to start my diary (and it's rather OCD level of detail) elsewhere.

I know the site name (it's actually International Cannagraphic Magazine). But I still don't know what bothers you more, the high level of detail in this non-MJ thread (in the non-mj section of the site), or your perceived lesser level of detail in the grow threads here.
I see more detail put into this dog thread then most put into their grow threads.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No because this is a site about MJ and to see one thread after another about pitbulls and the arguments they bring get pretty old. As far as advertising for other seed companys thats not why this site is here. They want to advertise ... instead of trying to sneak in some thread about their products ... they should step up and buy a banner ... its what keeps this site running so ppl like you can discuss pitbulls and complain about the site Gypsy supplies for free. The grow threads are great ...just dont know why we have to rehash this dog subject every other week.
Useful ? yea on a dog site.

Last edited:

ROJO145

Veteran
Thank You Babba!!!Thats what I'm talkin about.Anyone interested in finding info on a dog isnt coming here so why fill it with such?
I wonder how much I could find out about weed at the apbt site?????

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The information the thread starter wanted to share has been posted. The rest of this is just looking like the same old arguments that these threads bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts