What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC Grow Along!

C

chillinout

Hey Snype, Ive changed my mind a bit about the nuts after reading and re reading your tutorials. I was going to use a product that had a live component to it but like what you say about a sterile environment and ease of maintaining PH levels. Im just going to try to mimic you a bit. That being said, Im unfamiliar with GH Flora Series. When you say all you use is Micro and Bloom is that literally? Are those the only two nutes in your system the entire grow? or is there more to it than that?

Actually, I put my foot in my mouth. Actually Im using flora series now and have used it for a while now. However, I just didn't realize that it was called Flora "Series". Anyway, Is all you use out of that the Bloom and Micro or do you use the rest of the nuts in the box as well?

Snype

Veteran
Actually, I put my foot in my mouth. Actually Im using flora series nat ow and have used it for a while now. However, I just didn't realize that it was called Flora "Series". Anyway, Is all you use out of that the Bloom and Micro or do you use the rest of the nuts in the box as well?

I only use the Micro and Bloom in all stages of life. I never use anything else for the entire grow except SuperThrive in the cloning stage. Those are the only 3 nutrients that I use and nothing else. I don't use any CalMag or any other supplements. I also don't foiler feed with anything either. I keep it extremely simple.

C

chillinout

I only use the Micro and Bloom in all stages of life. I never use anything else for the entire grow except SuperThrive in the cloning stage. Those are the only 3 nutrients that I use and nothing else. I don't use any CalMag or any other supplements. I also don't foiler feed with anything either. I keep it extremely simple.

Thats great, Its a little nerve racking because it goes against my programming but You have never led me wrong with advice. Ill give it a whirl...

C

chillinout

Do you use the liquid bloom or powder?

C

chillinout

NO I understand that. What I meant was do you use the GH liquid or the powder form of the bloom?

Snype

Veteran
NO I understand that. What I meant was do you use the GH liquid or the powder form of the bloom?

picture.php
picture.php

C

chillinout

Snype, can you edit and or delete your last post with the photos?

C

chillinout

Snype

I see your nutes schedule (below) is this with a RDWC system or Soil?

You've been asking exactly how I do what I do,with ferts, for a good long time.
This is a recipe for anybody to follow,based on my decade-plus experiences with GenHy's Flora Series.
It does smokin' good for me,your results may vary.
I'm always tweaking the above,and you should,too.

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 5.5 pH)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

VEGETATIVE STAGE AT 24 HRS. LIGHT ON
(18/6,optional)

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Use the above 1/2-strength on seedlings and clones to 10" tall,then feed full-strength>on.

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 15!)

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
1 tsp./gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 29!)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom
(AND ON DAY 36,a 1 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER Slam!!)

Day 52-63 (Flush)
5.5-6.0 pH h20 at 50 ppm

Now you know!!

ADDENDUM 9-6-09:

I've seen yields increase about 15% (!!) with the above modifications.

Snype

Veteran
Snype

I see your nutes schedule (below) is this with a RDWC system or Soil?

You've been asking exactly how I do what I do,with ferts, for a good long time.
This is a recipe for anybody to follow,based on my decade-plus experiences with GenHy's Flora Series.
It does smokin' good for me,your results may vary.
I'm always tweaking the above,and you should,too.

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 5.5 pH)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

VEGETATIVE STAGE AT 24 HRS. LIGHT ON
(18/6,optional)

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Use the above 1/2-strength on seedlings and clones to 10" tall,then feed full-strength>on.

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 15!)

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
1 tsp./gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 29!)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom
(AND ON DAY 36,a 1 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER Slam!!)

Day 52-63 (Flush)
5.5-6.0 pH h20 at 50 ppm

Now you know!!

ADDENDUM 9-6-09:

I've seen yields increase about 15% (!!) with the above modifications.

Every few months there's a guy like you here who can't stop thinking of nutrients and all the bottles that they think they need. I answered your questions. This formula that you are showing has nothing to do with me or RDWC. I ask that you please stop asking me about nutrients because I already told you the answer. You insist on adding additional bottles of nutrients. Add whatever that you want. I gave you my formula earlier but you want more bottles. Go to the grow shop and buy every bottle that they have and add it to your grow if you want. I only use 2 bottles that I already listed. People like you are all the same. Every few days they come back with more bottles. They dream of bottles of nutes. I think this is a new disorder that has arrived caused by the nutrient company's which helps feed the addiction. I ask you to read the other bottles of nutrients and see the "Guaranteed Analysis" of the bottle. Then go read the FloraMicro and FloraBloom. You will see that all the nutrients that you need are already contained in the bottles that I told you. Adding more will only hurt your plants, not help them. If you look at my formula, I use around 7mL Micro and 14mL Bloom in flowering. That's 1 part Micro to 2 parts Bloom. The formula that you listed used 1 part Micro to 1.5 parts Bloom and they need to add additional Bloom so they add the Kool Bloom because they didn't add enough bloom to the base.

C

chillinout

Wow man, What the fuck? All I did was ask if you use the same nutes/schedule for RDWC as Soil? Im not an idiot nor am I "one of those guys". Im ust learning about new things and was looking for some guidance from someone who know. YOU are one of those guys that thinks he better than everyone else. Jesus... Thanks for all the info you post.

C

chillinout

BTW the reason I asked you about editing the photos you posted is because there is info on the bottles that place you. In case you're paranoid about your location.

Snype

Veteran
BTW the reason I asked you about editing the photos you posted is because there is info on the bottles that place you. In case you're paranoid about your location.

I don't know man. This thread is an RDWC grow along and you are bringing someone else's coco formula in here and asking about soil. It's just not the right place. The nutrients work the same no matter what medium that you put them into. I just don't understand all this nutrient back and forth. Just want to see some RDWC grows. Meant no harm. Good luck with what you do.

C

chillinout

For some reason I thought it was your formula? Nevermind. Ill start posting here again once I get things going.

Smplfrmr

Less is more

Less is more

Micro and bloom

Can't get more cut and dry than that and this is exactly the example of K. I. S. S. Thanks for sharing. I hate using things that are wasteful.

Last edited: