What's new

Raistlin's Room '08

R

Raistlin Majere

easy as pie my friend, in fact easier than growing herb
all strains are happy for me bro :rasta:
but my fav in almost 12 yrs now of growing them is Penis Envy hands down !!

strains i have now are chitwan and a mystery strain

it was a freebie-the lable said PE but it was crossed out and had a ? mark
if its the PE i'll know it
might even be able to tell what is it even if not
went with the chitwan for yeild alone, the trip is average

S

stoned teacher

Raistlin all your talk is tempting me!

I agree...keep it natural and predictable...

R

Raistlin Majere

no anyone who knows me has seen this pic 20 times by now :muahaha:
but its the strain i have going into the tub tonight
and i wanna tempt my friend stoned teacher some more :sasmokin:

:edit: dug another pic up, same tub from the top :rasta:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Nic pic man

I am a very lazy dude, and I wont normally read back a few pages to see pics, but that will do

Cheers man, take care Chuck

R

Raistlin Majere

:wave: hey double D
i just chuck repped you in the farve thread
good to see ya stop in brother :friends:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Wow, Raist. That pic of the pan is rediculous!

How much does something like that end up weighing?

And how long does it take to get something like that?

Also, how difficult is the startup, I know you said it's easier than growing MJ. I'm intrested in growing a few for personal uses... Muahahahaha.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I'll throw in my 2 cents here even though I have vastly less experience growing shrooms than Raist and our other compatriots:

I used to have trouble with the "agar" and "getting a clean mycelium sample" stage. Then I found out that was totally unnecessary.....you can get syringes filled with spores that are already sterilized. You can buy jars of pre-sterilized medium with holes pre-drilled in the tops for innoculation. You then put those innoculated jars in a dark and relatively high temperature environment until the mycelium (white fluffy stuff) grows all over the medium.....in this case you've been seeing cylinder looking shapes which have come out of jars called "cakes". Once your "cake" is covered with white fluffyness....you need to put the mushies in a translucent container in 12/12 lighting (you really can use almost no light whatsoever....like 25 watts...or just near a window...whatever really). While in the 12/12 you drop the temperature 10-20 degrees with really high humidity to induce fruiting or "flushes". Mushrooms will seemingly appear out of nowhere and will come in 'waves'. Eventually the medium and the mycelium will be exhausted and you can do the thing again.
It's easy to have a S.O.M. (sea of mushrooms) by constantly keeping some jars that have been innoculated on standby....
That's pretty much it. I'm sure there's a more precise and eloquent way of describing it. I grabbed a video off of a torrent site that described how to do it...and I was golden.
Unfortunately I had to sacrifice the dark closet I was using so that I could flower in it....hence no more room for mushies currently. I'm thinking about bringing them to my office instead (yes...it's THAT stealthy to grow them....nobody would ever know practically even where I work). So for like no electricity and no nutrients you can have tons of mushies.
There is a better way to get volume...and that's the method Raist depicted in the tray. For my purposes the cakes are easier and turnkey...but I'd rather try the other method to produce more. I'll have to work on that.

R

Raistlin Majere

ok guys i'll help you as much as i can :rasta:
i already am past the jar stage but you can find it HERE
or order them premade like accessndx said
much cheaper to make them yourselves

i'll post jar making pix up next time i do some, untill then if you are interested
copy this post and PM it to yourself so you don't lose it

casing 101 Raistlin style

15 parts peat
15 parts vermicutite
2 parts crushed oyster shell (i use as fine as i can buy/make it)

i am using 1.5 TBLS for measuring, but a part is a part no matter the size
large bowl
15 parts verm
1 part oyster shell
15 parts peat
1 part oyster shell
over and over till my bowl is almost full, dunno the size but its a large salad bowl

some pix

mix it dry best as you can, then add water
i just use the sprayer on my kitchen sink :joint:
make it real wet but do not pool the water on the bottom

then microwave for 10min, stir well after that and add water as needed
microwave for another 10min
you want to be able to squeeze a handfull and have a few drops of water come out, any more than that and its to wet
add a little cause you can always add more later

12 quart tub is what i use now, you can use any similar sized tub
the tin ones work well to bend a bit and fit right in a 10gal fish tank

make sure your substraight is cooled off before using !!

clean dry verm from cakes

put about half inch substraight on the bottom of your tub, and crubmle cakes onto it
gloves work well, or you can do it inside a gallon ziplock

i use one syringe to make 8 cakes, here they are now

lightly sprinkle the rest of your substraight on top at least half an inch
i go about 3/4 to a full inch

cover with foil and put in a closet or under your bed, somewhere out of the way

-----------------------------------------
up-dates will follow as they happen

Last edited:
R

Raistlin Majere

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Wow, Raist. That pic of the pan is rediculous!

How much does something like that end up weighing?

And how long does it take to get something like that?

Also, how difficult is the startup, I know you said it's easier than growing MJ. I'm intrested in growing a few for personal uses... Muahahahaha.

several ounces my friend from one tub :rasta:
takes about 2 months give or take a week
easy peazy, give it a try i walk you all through it
:smoweed:

C

cellardweller

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raistlin Majere again.

ya ya I know...
Thanks for that great post Rais! I'll make sure to copy that to myself right now before I forget!
Thanks bro!
Keep them pics comin and stay safe!
~dwellard

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
what up Raistlin!!Its been a while my friend, but it seems i came at just the right time...very nice tutorial for the 'shrooms..I like..Ive tried some real potent shrooms before, and they didnt do nothin to me!!!I dont get high from eatin weed either...anyhow, very nice stuff bro, ill be back from time to time...so many threads to visit!!!Peace

- Z

U

UBER21

Raistlin Majere said:
several ounces my friend from one tub :rasta:
takes about 2 months give or take a week
easy peazy, give it a try i walk you all through it
:smoweed:

Execellente brother RM u getting me curious and im also wanting to cultivate a few shroomies for personal use to..... :sasmokin:

hazy

Veteran
been doing a lot of lurking here on your thread lately RM. Lurking, but still missing a lot, cause your thread goes so fast these days.
Interested in trying a run of those shrooms sometime. Can you be too old for mushies?
I just don't know when I could put aside a day to trip and not be around too many people.
I should do it, then store them dry till a good day for it comes along.
So you got some plants going? I need to go back a few pages and see what's up.

R

Raistlin Majere

cellardweller ~ no problem bro, i figgured you can already do the cakes
this should be no problem for you, them B+ would get big as hell in a monotub for sure
kinda scary the first time shreading all them cakes up though, cause if you fcuk up you lose them all :badday:
but so far i have not lost any "knocks on wood"

ZeusOGrefugee ~ :wave:
so many threads to visit
i know how it is friend :muahaha:
glad to see ya stop by for a bit though, bummer you don't get on with eating things
any idea why ?

UBER21 ~ good to hear, i think everyone who likes shrooms or tripping should try it at least once
good luck and have fun if you do decide to try it :friends:

hazy ~ never to old to have a good time my friend
a beautiful evening, couple cubies, couple beers, and a campfire is a good night in my book
stare off into the disatance and at the sky, just pondering this life we live

and sure i got plants going
inside i have PowerHouse, Chocolate Chunk, AK 47
outside i have BPP

--------------- morning everyone :wave: hope your all haveing a great day so far :friends:

C

cellardweller

Raistlin Majere said:
never to old to have a good time my friend
a beautiful evening, couple cubies, couple beers, and a campfire is a good night in my book
stare off into the disatance and at the sky, just pondering this life we live

Sounds good ta me! :muahaha:

I did see your plant pics and forgot to remark on em as well as forgetting to pm myself that post!! :joint:
They are looking pretty good from where I sit!
It's raining here today, so Im not doin shit all day until work later.. :bashhead:

R

Raistlin Majere

bro i am hoping like hell that weekend you come down, that the weather is just beautiful for us :rasta:
gonna be a good time no matter what though :friends:

mjcuresall

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raistlin Majere again.

Thanks, RM for breakin' it down for the newbies. I've been curious ever since I saw that first pic you posted months ago and now I'm finally gonna look into it. I guess all those nice things people say about you are true! :D Very much appreciated! :wave:

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
no matter how many times i look at the pics of those two fruiting trays, i still get a bit cubbed every time :banghead: