What's new

Raising Ebb & Gro buckets to increase root space

LostTribe

Premium user
I did. Been growing 5+ years using various hydro methods. giant root balls do not necessarily translate into bigger harvests

Not to fight but, you are also not growing in 5 gallon ebb gro buckets homie. Plants with extended veg time, hence the 5 gallon hydroton, require more root space as they will quickly root bound in these setups. Root bound in this setup can also lead to a lot of problems in the root zone.

I have tried with 5 gallon buckets with holes in sides of upper bucket at 2 inches, but small holes. They did not perform as well as when I did in buckets with large holes drilled in the very bottom of the upper buckets for comparison.

Larger yields of overall better buds which I mostly attribute to increased root mass and available oxygen uptake as they have more space to breath during off timer periods.

Glad I found this thread thought I was the only one using these on here. We call the Ebb N Bro Buckets though! Hahaha!

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Not to fight but, you are also not growing in 5 gallon ebb gro buckets homie. Plants with extended veg time, hence the 5 gallon hydroton, require more root space as they will quickly root bound in these setups. Root bound in this setup can also lead to a lot of problems in the root zone.

I have tried with 5 gallon buckets with holes in sides of upper bucket at 2 inches, but small holes. They did not perform as well as when I did in buckets with large holes drilled in the very bottom of the upper buckets for comparison.

Larger yields of overall better buds which I mostly attribute to increased root mass and available oxygen uptake as they have more space to breath during off timer periods.

Glad I found this thread thought I was the only one using these on here. We call the Ebb N Bro Buckets though! Hahaha!
I ran 5 gal bucket in bucket DIY Ebb and flow buckets for well over 5 yrs , and the ONLY way ta run em was with the bottoms drilled out for fast feed AND drain....anyways......

In fast hydro , rootmass directly relates to upper foliage and budsite production , plus directly relates to increased nutrient uptake for optimal swellage during late flower..but....

The only setups I`ve ever seen that yield well with smaller containers/rootzones are with DTW coco fed multiple times daily during lights on , but it takes intermediate skills to pull 8 oz plants from 1.6 gal containers like Hundred Gram Oz did with Chem D on one of his last grow threads....anyways....lastly....

Yes , anything`s possible with time put in and dialage occurring , but as a rule....roots make shoots , and the larger the rootmass , the better nutrient uptake that can occur constantly for optimal production....regardless.....

My 2 cents from all those yrs.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

LostTribe

Premium user
I ran 5 gal bucket in bucket DIY Ebb and flow buckets for well over 5 yrs , and the ONLY way ta run em was with the bottoms drilled out for fast feed AND drain....anyways......

In fast hydro , rootmass directly relates to upper foliage and budsite production , plus directly relates to increased nutrient uptake for optimal swellage during late flower..but....

The only setups I`ve ever seen that yield well with smaller containers/rootzones are with DTW coco fed multiple times daily during lights on , but it takes intermediate skills to pull 8 oz plants from 1.6 gal containers like Hundred Gram Oz did with Chem D on one of his last grow threads....anyways....lastly....

Yes , anything`s possible with time put in and dialage occurring , but as a rule....roots make shoots , and the larger the rootmass , the better nutrient uptake that can occur constantly for optimal production....regardless.....

My 2 cents from all those yrs.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

You still running that?

Latest posts

Latest posts