What's new

raising and lowering ph

Scrogerman

Veteran
i also have 4 t-5 at center wall but i have a special kind of reflection on all the walls ,floor and ceiling thats better than mylar...peace

Can you tell me what reflective sheeting your using. I spent a load on the Diamond Mylar last run, silly expensive at something like £5ish a meter x 1.5. always into hearing what others are using!
Think that Diamond is 95% reflective iirc!

For those that have never heard of it you can buy Megalux Mega Shield Thermal Imaging Heat Protection,

A black and silver zero thermal radiation reflective polypropylene mylar sheet that works in a similar way to ADF film but is more advanced. It is infused with metals that give it special properties that are highly reflective, completely light tight and stop infrared heat from being emitted, bouncing back into the room. Ideal if you need to keep full control of your growing enviroment.

Poly Shield is a Black and White poly that has been infused with metals that give properties that are both highly reflective and insulative. Poly Shield provides the same vapor barrier as regular black and white poly and adds reflectivity and insulative qualities. All objects with a temperature above absolute zero emit infrared radiation.

The hotter an object gets, the more infrared radiation it emits. These emissions cannot be seen with the naked eye. The resulting picture contains various shades, depending upon how much infrared radiation the object is emitting. A thermal imager is extremely sensitive and reportedly can detect temperature variations as small as 0.1 degrees centigrade.

Handy stuff for countries & states with unfriendly laws! Just thought id throw that up, hope ya dont mind!
Police Helicopters Thermal imaging devices are very sensitive but cannot see through this stuff at all!

Damm, i just found the Diamond Mylar on E-Bay for £1.99 a meter arrrgggggggggg! Fkkkk! typical, heads up people!

Last edited:
M

Mitakoye Oyasin

Cool info gs. I'm doing pretty much a setup like urs cetp Im usin 1000's and str8 promixhp with humbolt nutes. Nothing added to the promix. So what should my ph be for optimal results, I have a long flowering strain that grows really fat ass dank but stretces like hell the first two and half weeks like 3 times and right about then she starts to show calcium def but I am supplementing with the sea cal and sea mag. I don't see the def on my other 2 strains. I have just always tried to be within 5.5 - 6.5 Is it important to keep it at an exact number or mabee even adjust it diferently throughout the cycle as she progresses? I thk I,ve already decided I need to start going to at least 6.0 ph. I tested my runoff the other night, 3 gal pots, ran 1 gal and a half through and tested runoff was 5.4 ph and 1980 ppm so I flushed em on out until readins were 5.7 ph and 455ppm then I nutrated with 1540 just cause I had locked out the nutrients in the medium I believe. They showed massive growth overnight and are continuing to swell. When the medium drys shuld I hit em with a stronger solution or stay kinda low, Ive been going up to about 2400ppm but its trickey like u gotta have em responding just right when u get ready to push em like that. I supp with 1500ppm co2 and temps run average of 88 at top of canopy sometimes 90 but rarely highr, I have had it go up to 94 , but in my days experiance of the past and I know all u peps reading this will think Im crazy but I did a grow one summer in a hot ass container that had temps as high as 118 for a couple of weeks str8 about 6 weeks into bloom, i pumped up the co2 to 2000ppm and pumped up the nutes and got one hell of a harvest of some awesome ass shit, now I know the temps they say shuld be like 85 but thats just my personal exp and I woulnt recoment trying to increase temps to anyone, it was in my situation at the time unavioidable and I was trying to prevent it but my ac broke and liike, uhh ohhhh. lol. Anyways, any helpful info u got gs Im all ears I know bullshit when I hear it so I don't worry about false info. Thanks bro. B-Kind

i got your recommendation cataloged sgt and i appreciate your consideration on this post theres another reason why we pull good weight and that is genetics,for 6 yrs me and my friends have been propagating strains by forcing excessive nuets and high carbon concentration on soil grown plants,as a result this has forced the cell structure of the strains to become bigger better equipped to handle more nuets and to increase overall yield,its basic farming using selective breading,the plants that survive and thrive the best are selected and propagated,see all these forums talk about cannabis,its all anyone talks about here but its not just about marijuana botany its plant botany,agriculture and farming.How do you think these farmers grow 100lb pumpkins and 10 lb tomato's,they push that plants ability to up take matter and thus become bigger,apply the same principle to cannabis,push it to its limits and select the best for propagation.we didnt even have to alter the strains just push them hard and select them,my super skunk 1 will yield 6 oz on a 10-10 schedule,thats from seedling to harvest clones are 8-10

Scrogerman

Veteran
Is that a 10 week veg & a 10 week bloom, id want more than 6oz a plant, but i prolly wouldnt have as many in as you, still your yields sound Big bro! can we see some pics of your Rig/Plants please mon? Have you got any grow threads up yet?

what about the reflective material stuff you use, or is it a paint?

mo im very close to asking your name you sound like you know whats up i hit up the alibi in arcata just ask for the ganjah shaman it will get back to me.ok we know that normal air has between 300 and 400 ppm of carbon,OLD information say that a plant achieves maximum growth at 1500 ppm,and its true if you start pushing ppm over this limit you will start burning shit up,however not everything is going to die you select the survivers and propagate them.apply the same principle to your nuets,select those that thrive.now if you are not going to propagate then you got to experiment
so you said that your run ppm was 1980 and your nuet ppm was 2400 now remember thats like 600 ppm over recommendation,so thats more stress on the plants ability to up take nuets and this is where ph comes into play,you say your run off is 5.5 mine is 6.3 to 6.5,this is an optimum range for my plants to uptake there nuets even if i have a buffer it still does not give me an exact range,if my nuet solution or clear is pH imbalanced then my plants ph ability to uptake nuets will be imbalanced.If your run off is 5.5 then you have a soil imbalance and your plants are not uptakeing the nuets as well as they could,if you balance your pH in your nuet solution and clear your plants will respond and show marketable increase.
to me your temps are on point with your carbon ppm,how is your humidity i like to keep mine at 35 -40% temps 76-86 carbon ppm 1950,my nuet salution is at about 2500 right now but it will continue to go up until week 7,i hope i answered some of your stuff just keep asking if i didnt explain im just sitting here chillin with my clones

Last edited:
its 10 weeks from sprout,8 weeks on clones,man i dont have any pics i mean i might take one from my phone but im a little sketch even tho im 215 420

i do a couple other things too,every other watering i ad hydrogen peroxide to my clear it helps with oxygen uptake and help kill harmful bacteria,i believe that it is beneficial and aids in nutrient uptake

M

Mitakoye Oyasin

gs Im 215 420 also. That info did help. The ph is why I have been seeing the def and lockup at week 3 I totaly believe now. My humidity is 55% I will adjust this from now on. I will be in Arcata next week, not sure how this forom site shit goes like if we have pms or anythig I'm new to this site and just learning it but if we do hit me up gs, I just started an 18 fem from seed serious searching for the mom, I posted the grow journal so u can check it out if ya want I will update it regular. I dont ever get out and associate with anyone I'm a 100% loner but it would be nice to get up with ya . till then, B-Kind

M

Mitakoye Oyasin

gs I used that for a cycle and it worked great. lately Ive been using the beasties so I dont use that but I have been thinking of dropping that expensive shit and going back to the h202

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... I would calibrate my PH pen, test the water before I added anything and record it. Then I would add the first nute and PH it again, record. Repeat for everything you add. This will show you if one of them if drastically changing the PH.

Good advice. But op said his pre-adjustment pH is 5.5. That's not an unusually low number and it's probably not an unusually high EC. What's unusual is pouring .75 quarts of pH up into 32 gallons. I'm surprised it's not killing his plants.

Good advice. But op said his pre-adjustment pH is 5.5. That's not an unusually low number and it's probably not an unusually high EC. What's unusual is pouring .75 quarts of pH up into 32 gallons. I'm surprised it's not killing his plants.

its not harming my plants at least not that i can tell but it does raise concerns that why im looking for alternatives to gh pH,my buddy keeps telling me it because of my air stones,he is telling me to let it sit without any air and see how that effects it over like a 2 day period

i use a 3 part system in my flower seseme through week 3 beastie through weeks 4 - 5 cha ching 6 and 7,this is in addition to maxsea,dyna grow and bloom,grow big and super thrive not to mention honey and molasses in my clear,i also drop my humidity to 30% the last 2 weeks,i believe that the dry air helps promote excessive try-chrome build up

also at the beginning of week 4 i place the plants on a 2 day watering system,thats nuets 2 days later clear 2 days later nuets,they get eneough juice to suck up 2 days and then dry ready for clear

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I used to bubble water to help remove chlorine. I've since ditched the air pump in favor of tapping the container when bubbles form against the container wall.

i believe that the higher the oxygen content of your water the better able the plants root system is at absorbing nutrients i have literally had plants grow so fast that they were growing out of there skins,pealing like they had got sun burnt,the gh ph does not harm my plants but i think the requirement i need to raise my pH with it shows that it is not very good and if i can put less chemicals into my mix even if they are organic ill be happy with that as well.

Hermione

I've been using a few drops of lemon juice to get the PH to a good level for about 6 weeks on my first grow now. Is there any danger in using lemon juice to lower PH? I have not noticed any problems with it.

Well let me just say "Fuck You".

I don't care if someone posted before me, I tried to help. Even though you sound completely full of shit, and can't type. You are confusing and annoying. Also no one mentioned recording things as I did. The next time I have to sift through post after post of mess to try to help someone, I'll make sure it isn't you.

Well let me just say "Fuck You".

I don't care if someone posted before me, I tried to help. Even though you sound completely full of shit, and can't type. You are confusing and annoying. Also no one mentioned recording things as I did. The next time I have to sift through post after post of mess to try to help someone, I'll make sure it isn't you.

its ok bro just kick back and smoke a fatty of that dank bud im sure your growing,everyone has there way of communicating mines not that difficult dont let it rent space in your head,just relax and go with the flow youll keep your hair longer lol
peace

Latest posts

Latest posts