What's new

rain defenses?

baet

humboldtlocal- your a savior. see i just dont have any clue on this kind of stuff. 5 gal filled with concrete and rebar would be perfect, i think ill do just that. this weekend will be a project. a few 5 gal filled with concrete and rebar, with pvc hoop houses covered with plastic. awesome thank you!!

Groucho

Idea:Fill most of your five gallon buckets with some of that sand and loose rocks to save on all that cement(buying,mixing,etc.). Cement first then fill up with rocks/sand

nomaad

Veteran
If you have a bunch of old five gallon buckets you could fill them with a little concrete and set a piece of rebar in each one. You could also use 5 gallon pots with a plastic bag in the bottom full of concrete. You should still try to get some rebar and a big sledge hammer and try to bang some into your ground. Use the 3/8" rebar, the smallest. It only needs to go in the ground 6"-12" if your ground is really hard.

get a post driver rather than a sledge hammer. bout 20x as fast, always acurate, more efficient with your energy.

baet

nomaad-yeah i have a post driver.. i believe. its hollow and has two side handles and youjust put it on post/around and slam down, work very well indeed.

nomaad

Veteran
i have permanent hearing damage from the beginning of the season. even if you're only doing a few posts, use ear protection.

microgram

Concrete is not the best of idea's for our situation. 25$ a bag; for two buckets, that aint cheap.
Sand and big stones are your best idea, since you're plantation is in a canyon; as far as i know, your best bet would be to bring in a shovel and dig up some rocky dirt, that'll do more than enough if you place the buckets 6"s below the surface. A lot less hiking, and a lot less trouble hiking the supplies back. And that's something all guerrilla's want to do; save on trips.

ug, trying to keep it realllll

baet

nomaad-good call man. gives off a piercing tinging hell noise

microgram-foreal. but i dont know if ten foot possibly 11 foot pvc would stand straight up and not fall over if it was just a foot deep in rock and sand, maybe but i doubt it. im going to conserve concrete by also applying rock and sand for half of the buckets contents. but good points.

baet

dubite- i love that tunnel. that would be ideal, but my plants are just too big. hes rockin that grow though. thank you for the suggestion and stopping by

wdcf

I was planning on spraying on some greencure the day before its supposed to rain according to my forecast, Heard it was some good stuff, anyone have any experience with the stuff?

neongreen

Veteran
Greencure is just potassium bicarbonate.

From what I hear it works very well. I could use some right now too!

baet

it seems counterproductive spraying moisture onn the buds. i realize i am wrong, but could someone please expand on the benefits of greencure???

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i've been using greencure as a preventitive since mid sept, spraying the plants before a rain, and then again after the rain (sprayed the plants 5times so far)..

the weather for the last 7 days has been sunny,mid 60's, with a breeze, and everyday for the last week, in the am, i am cutting out rot...everyday... if greencure helps, i can't tell... my feeling is once rot hits, time to take em down..

and after every cut, i am cleaning the scissors with achohol...i'm not impressed with the product

baet

zach-hmmm, really good to know, yeah im real sorry to hear that. screw it. im cutting down two plants monday. cehcked em under microscope, mostly milky, and some leaves quite a bit of amber!
building a pvc tent over the remainder.

nomaad

Veteran
I just got 8 of these.

0081865500402_500X500.jpg

Because of the size and location of the plants that need to get covered, doing hoops would have been a mess. These were around $300 for the 8 of them. Hopefully they will be around for next year. They are basically made with rain fly material from a cheap walmart tent comapny.

baet

^ those look awesome. i got pvc and 4 mil plastic sheeting, rocks, buckets and pvc cement glue, its going down tomorow. also harvesting two plants tomorow!!
im not diong hoops but posts with a very slanted roof of more pvc, its easiest becauseof plant size and locations of plants. gona be fun to put together

gomer

Nice looking tents.

I hope everyone is preparing for the heavy winds as well. In the San Francisco Bay area there is now a weather watch up for Monday night and Tuesday. I just decided to cut my last good plant tomorrow.

baet

^ heavy winds are tripping me out. im gona have some bigs ones up still during storm. i dont want my pvc structure to break and trash my plants!

nomaad

Veteran
i have been adding bamboo structure for the last week along with a dickton of green tape. This is when I wish I had put in the hortinova netting at the last week of stretch.

I am hoping that I can manage to do a good enough anchoring job on these canopies... The forecast is for 39mph gusts. These fuckers are going to want to fly. 8 big blue kites.

My two biggest are coming down. 100% cloudy trichomes... I would like to wait another few days on em, but building a shelter for them would just be madness.

Good luck everybody.