What's new

rain defenses?

baet

checked the weather, 10 day forecast, who knows how accurate next weeks weather is, but it should partially rain one day then rain the next day, next week. my big plants outdoors have big buds on them, i really wanna avoid damage and mold :yoinks:!! they have atleast until the 20th, and some until nov...

the tallest is probably 10 feet from ground. what can i do or build to protect them fully from rain, i need suggestions.... the ground is just rockk and sand, like creekbed, it sucks for digging and posts...

please help

nomaad

Veteran
you can put in t-posts and wire-in the canopy legs for more height.

31juon-TO4L._SS500_.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hope he does not need to be stealth.. Sure those tents can be seen from a long distance. :2cents:

baet

nomaad- wow best idea yet , thank you. gonna check how high i can get those fuckers.

exploziv- uhm, i live in a canyon of mannnnny growers, medical and not medical, helicopters are very rare, county doesnt have the money to do it alot, and my grow, although illegal at the moment is only 7 big plants and a few very small, from the sky mite just look like a few big ones... im not sure,, but i think the white tent mite be cool, probably would spray paint the sucker so its not just white ha

baet

holy shit theyre expensive. the ones i found. all over $100 a piece easily. i need something ten feet high, and large, or i could use two... hmmm, this is gonna be fun...

IF the outlook is saying long periods of rain I hope u can find a solution. Ive been beat by the mold this season. I threw out more bud than what I jarred this season. Its terrible man.
I feel defeated. Best of luck to u brother!
GFam

nomaad

Veteran
i dunno how big your plants are, but spending $100 on a tent that is going to protect a plant worth $10K (or more) seems like a small investement... especially since you can use it again next year.

sorry to hear it, G-fam. Mold sucks. I have nightmares about waking up and finding my entire garden full of budrot.

baet

gfam- sorry to hear that man

nomaad-very good point. i personally dont have much money and no job, i have two other grow mates, one who is broke and stingy as a crackhead, and the other who has the money. i would need three tents probably.

forecast shows two days of rain, thats too much, besides the mold the plants cuold get destroyed, broken branches and tops.

Groucho

Camo tarps and some rope might be more subtle and affordable. Those tents seem quite noticeable and costly.jmho good luck.

baet

i feel you nomaad, id love one, maybe someone i know has one layin around. fuck, i mite just buildsomething groucho...

groucho-yesss. mite just bring a ladder down there, tie some rope to trees, line across above the plants and attach tarp... my area is treeless, but i could get a lot of rope...

H

humboldtlocal

Twenty foot long pieces of 3/4" pvc, Get some three foot pieces of rebar and pound them in on either side of your plants and put the ends of the pvc on the rebar over the plant to make a hoop house. Cover with clear plastic. Leave the ends uncovered for maximum airflow. I used to grow most of my plants in these pvc hoop houses with remay covers and then when the rains came we would just cover them with plastic. They are great for light dep or just a quick cheap greenhouse.

nomaad

Veteran
that's how i did my light dep hoop house, but the plants that will need covering are here and there and spread out over a large space.

Groucho

Great idea HL! Quick as could be, cheap, durable. Trees or not that's the way to go. Tighter, no wind flapping and packable nice. Very nice

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I'm going to try individual plant hoop houses, like hum said. Two 20' PVC and four pieces of rebar will be under $20. I have poly and tarps for dayz. Workin week fellas...

baet

babbabud- very nice, stable.

humboldtlocal-awesome, you just solved my predicament. im gonna try and set up blueprints with your directions. i mite have one question but lemme see if i can figure it out, haha.

only problem is rebarb is going to be reallly hard to pound into my ground, just rock and sand, some rocks are huge. built a fence around my yard last year and it was the hardest work unburying huge rocks and clay, shovels are completely useless, just had to pound ground with metal pole and disrupt a lodged rock then pull it out then maybe pull out an inch of clay and dirt then slam into another rock,so on and so forth until im three feet down, then pour concrete into hole with fence post in and let dry, did about 60 of those holes with two otherrs help,hardest project of my life!

baet

guess i need to go hit up lowes this friday, try and put it together in my head with materials in hand. the only barrier is securing posts into the ground or just having stable posts above ground that can support the hoop house? pounding rebar into ground would not work sadly.

H

humboldtlocal

If you have a bunch of old five gallon buckets you could fill them with a little concrete and set a piece of rebar in each one. You could also use 5 gallon pots with a plastic bag in the bottom full of concrete. You should still try to get some rebar and a big sledge hammer and try to bang some into your ground. Use the 3/8" rebar, the smallest. It only needs to go in the ground 6"-12" if your ground is really hard.

Latest posts

Latest posts