R&D

Cactus Squatter

Neville’s Haze x Panama
EF8DA95A-F146-433A-9065-17B59030E941.jpeg

A5 Haze x Panama
67BEB79C-508B-4423-9586-387DF9B5F3F5.jpeg

Panama x A5 Haze
A13755F1-55DF-447D-A8E7-943C7E75A880.jpeg

The Neville’s x Panama has the same random variegated/curled leaves that my Super Malawi Haze does. I can also see a clear influence of Panama on the leaf structure vs the Malawi influence on the SMH beside her. This plant is definitely more sensitive to the local environment than the others and slowed down a bunch when the heat really came on here.

The A5 x Panama has a spicy kind of smell to it on the front end and a light Panama smell to follow.

The Panama x A5 smells a lot like my Panama does, just instead of a hint of sweetness on the backend it has the same spicy note the A5xPanama does. Front end of the smell is all Panama though.

The two Panama/A5 crosses are very similar in leaf structure and smell. The Panama x A5 is slightly ahead in growth, and has stronger branching than the A5xPanama so far. All 3 will be topped sometime this week.

Cactus Squatter

Cactus Squatter, very nice thread my friend. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion
You as well!

I’m really excited to see what these R&D will do this year. So far they’re looking and smelling beautiful. The two versions of Panama/A5 especially have some super amazing veg smells.
I’m hoping whatever is pissing my Neville’s x Panama off is corrected. I hit everything with an anti fungal spray, it slightly burned a few leaves on the Panama/A5 crosses but everything else took it just fine. New growth is coming in fine though.

Cactus Squatter

Still just vegging along through the summer heat. Just wanted to show the difference in leaf shape between the different Panama/haze R&D crosses.

Panama x A5 Haze
3499CEDD-8A22-4EDA-A457-D4BC61F59056.jpeg

A5 Haze x Panama
DB5F731F-7120-4D31-8668-34AC6C4546DE.jpeg

Neville’s Haze x Panama
2CF27BA3-0B12-40CD-AA0D-E987F7728671.jpeg

The Neville’s x Panama frequently throws the curved and variegated leaves as seen in that pic as does my Super Malawi Haze.
The A5 x Panama also has slightly variegated leaves but they’re super hard to get to show up in pictures. It’s very subtle on it.

Out of all of them the Panama x A5 has by far the strongest veg smell. It’s like the standard Panama except spicy. I can also smell it across the yard frequently. Hope the neighbors like it. 😂
The A5 x Panama is very similar, but way less of the Panama smell and more just the Spicy smell. Also not loud like the other one.
The Neville’s x Panama just smells really lightly like a vegging weed plant. Nothing really distinct yet.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
You won't be disappointed in the nevilles and a5 crosses to panama.
I grew both and they both are excellent plants.
I grew straight panama, and it was not my cup of tea.
Personally I like a5-panama a bit more than a5-malawi, same for the nevs pan vs nevs malawi.

And like Dubi said, amnesia is not my thing... grew it many times, love the smel, it's very addicitng.
Using the core cut for breeding results in a lot of variation in the offspring, at least thats my experience.
Hey power puff.. what didn't you like about the straight panama? just curious

power puff

The high... It's been a few years since I grew them but I found the effect a bit disappointing for my preference. I am sure this is personal and other might like it very much.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Not in short term, nothing planned along those lines .... i'm mainly interested in crossing Nevil's Haze hybrids with our genetics rather than inbred his work, the only one we have produced in that way is C5 x A5 which is being tested by some growers here.

Cactus Squatter

So this year my outdoor grow was absolutely decimated by a fungal issue followed by an insane micro burst that broke almost everything that didn’t die of the fungal assault. All I have left is 1/3 of the Neville’s x Panama plant that survived the last storm, and an A5 x Panama that is taking so long to kick into flowering that it only started showing pistils last week. Pretty sure it’s not gonna make it before it gets good and cold down here at night.

So I decided last night to do an indoor run of the Zamaldelica x A5, Panama x A5, A5 x Panama, and the Neville’s x Panama.
Got seeds into paper towels last night and will keep this thread updated as they start to get big and flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts