What's new

Quick question (PICS) On if my 3 plants are Males.

matt889

No they are hermies mate. If they had no pistils at all then they would be a 100% male as males dont grow pistils and only pollen sacks. You will now be able to visit my private albums as you are on the friends list and see the pics i keep but i have many more to put up yet. Only fems and hermies grow pistils due to the seed genetics.

LUDA.
:dance013:

just replanted in their permanent homes:
Groupshotreplanted.jpg

Worth it or all junk?

Alright Luda after reading your last post... I'll scrap these hermie plants and start fresh. Wish me luck convincing my buddy that they are hermies and wont give me good bud.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
You are the one who said they were Male.... Not me.

I'm saying they are hermaphrodites...

Where did i say they were males ? ??????.
I know males dont grow pistils (just balls) and have always said they are hermies or pollinated fems ?????????.

NEVER ONCE DID I SAY THEY WERE MALES (go back and check).

LUDA.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Where are you seeing a pollen sack, i have looked intently and see no Nanner at all, no staminate primordia(Male pre flower) whatsoever, I dont think they are Hermie at all, sorry LU but i dissagree on this one. The Shoots you can see are a sorry excuse for secondary branching, so much damage there i suppose they slightly resemble some sort of sack. If it were a male sack it would be seperate from that shoot(NEXT TO IT) i dont see a pre flower there. I think they all biatches, i'd stick a quid on it! I Canna see no Male pre flower, cant see any preflowers. I will say the damage is likely to make them hermie though. Re-Potting would be my first move. Where is the preflower? What people are mistaking for a Male preflower is like i said a sorry excuse for secondary branching. Males always show first and i see no Nanners anywhere. Just My opinion so i hope no one bites my Heed off!
Peace & I wish you luck....................Scroger!

Where is the Pre Flower, it should be next to the secondary shoot & i dont see one?!!!!!!!
The other 2 are FEM Without doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That last pic confirms im right they are all fem, unlucky lud! The other thing i'll say is i bet they are all cuttings taken of course from a fem, am i correct or am i correct?

matt889

Where are you seeing a pollen sack, i have looked intently and see no Nanner at all, no staminate primordia(Male pre flower) whatsoever, I dont think they are Hermie at all, sorry LU but i dissagree on this one. The Shoots you can see are a sorry excuse for secondary branching, so much damage there i suppose they slightly resemble some sort of sack. If it were a male sack it would be seperate from that shoot(NEXT TO IT) i dont see a pre flower there. I think they all biatches, i'd stick a quid on it! I Canna see no Male pre flower, cant see any preflowers. I will say the damage is likely to make them hermie though. Re-Potting would be my first move. Where is the preflower? What people are mistaking for a Male preflower is like i said a sorry excuse for secondary branching. Males always show first and i see no Nanners anywhere. Just My opinion so i hope no one bites my Heed off!

Where is the Pre Flower, it should be next to the secondary shoot & i dont see one?!!!!!!!
The other 2 are FEM Without doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That last pic confirms im right they are all fem, unlucky lud! The other thing i'll say is i bet they are all cuttings taken of course from a fem, am i correct or am i correct?

All 3 are clones taken from high quality females, in quality i do not mean the quality of the grow, just quality seeds.

matt889

Fuck me they are hermies and when are you guys/gals going to wake up and see.

LUDA.

Ok dude I totally believe you. Tell me would anything "bad" happen if I kept them and grew them out some? The reason I entertain such a silly idea is because this is literally the 1st plants I've ever had, thought they may be good to learn from.

Will they ever have little buds? or no THC in the buds? or just shit weed? or???

IF I keep them and then add FULLY FEMALE plants into the grow box can this cause cross pollination or whatever and make my healthy females into hermies as well?

LUDACRIS

Veteran
just replanted in their permanent homes:
Groupshotreplanted.jpg

Worth it or all junk?

Alright Luda after reading your last post... I'll scrap these hermie plants and start fresh. Wish me luck convincing my buddy that they are hermies and wont give me good bud.

They have pollen sacks/flowers growing (easy to see) ???????.
What do you want me to say ??????.
Some more pics would do but fuck me if they were mine they would be flushed a.s.a.p. and a restart from seed would begin.
Hounestly untill i see some more pics and go with what i have seen you are wasting your time with hermies and i would love to be proved wrong on this one.

LUDA.

matt889

Luda can you respond to my above post? Lol.

Question: Can I do anything to salvage these hermies or do anything to make them useful? AKA make seeds with them somehow? Or... ?

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Ok dude I totally believe you. Tell me would anything "bad" happen if I kept them and grew them out some? The reason I entertain such a silly idea is because this is literally the 1st plants I've ever had, thought they may be good to learn from.

Will they ever have little buds? or no THC in the buds? or just shit weed? or???

IF I keep them and then add FULLY FEMALE plants into the grow box can this cause cross pollination or whatever and make my healthy females into hermies as well?

You cant grow fems in beside they plants as the sacks are ready to open and spread pollen everywhere that will pollinate any females grown near them. If you want 100% senseimilla then you need to throw those plants down the toilet and thouroughly clean your growroom before starting again and having a look at whats on them there really is no smoke to be had but cut what you can and start again. You can get great smoke of hermies when they hermie late in flower with big buds but you dont really have any buds.

LUDA.

LUDACRIS

Veteran

Nanners dont usually show unless you have a late sexuall reversall and thats not the case here as we have an early showing hermie with browning pistils and no nanners.

LUDA.

weedhead

Those look pretty bad. If I was you I would give em the chop, do a shitload of research on these forums, find some cheap seeds, and start from scratch. I would be surprised if you got 5 grams dry from all three of those plants.

Gunny

They are PROBABLY hermies.... It's hard to tell if the clones were taken from a flowering plant.

They need to be re-potted. Get some good soil - mix it with about 25% perlite and let them go... Don't go nuts with the ferts... Let them get a good root base and then start applying whatever you are gonna use at about 1/4 strength. See what happens. If that's all ya got - well, that's what ya have to work with. In the mean time, see if you can get some seeds or clones...etc. Don't give up.

It's a weed and will take a lot more punishment than a lot of people realize... Even if it's a hermie, you'll get buds - just won't be as strong or "pretty" as it could be.

The seeds from a Hermie will produce more hermies. Although I've 'heard' that roughly 10% of the seeds will be feminized. whether this is true or not, I don't know... Just heresay.

Keep them close to the light with indirect air...

I'd say it's a 50/50...

M3@n_0n3

23ce031f72bc736f8b22a61703789a7b_273034.jpg

This is from the second set of images you posted. Plant 3.

If you can focus on the spot circled, you might have more success with responses. It's really hard to tell from the pics you posted.

It won't hurt anything to let them go a bit longer to be sure, they have definitely been stressed.

Gunny

to get an absolute clear pic...

Using the Macro setting, Place your camera on a tripod (if you have one) or stack stuff up. Set the camera so that it's focused in on what you want and do the self timer thing.... No human error/shaking.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
100% hermies fit for nothing.
(sorry to be harsh but i wont sugar coat the facts and pics).

LUDA.

LUDACRIS

Veteran
to get an absolute clear pic...

Using the Macro setting, Place your camera on a tripod (if you have one) or stack stuff up. Set the camera so that it's focused in on what you want and do the self timer thing.... No human error/shaking.

I am shaking with laughter as that is NOT a female and will never be.
(sorry).

LUDA.
:biggrin:

Gunny

I guess we are talking apples and oranges... I've always considered a Hermi to be a female.. A female that "fucks" itself to make babies (seeds). So if we are gonna be "non-technical" - cause I'm sure you don't have a degree in bontany - nor do I - Let's compromise and call it an "IT." LOL

I still think he should drop it in some decent dirt and see what happens in the next two or three weeks....

I'm SURE he's gonna get a few seeds outta these - but what the hell... It's not like he has a commercial grow going and his livelihood depends on these three goofy plants.

Those plants have been stressed... simple as that. Some simple TLC and he may get a bit of decent bud outta them - and a few worthless seeds... ;)

I'd like to see how they pan out over the next couple of weeks.... Dont you?