Questions Regarding "Free" Materials from Boutique

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciano28

banned.gif

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
'Time out' has odd effects on a thread...when the thread starter is the one in time out.

Don't fret Luciano...you're all cool.

:D
dg

luciano28

Thanks DG, saw my name attached to it, and said "whoa wait a second here!!" haha. Im not fretting though, most members seen this thread and know I didnt create it I think.

okay, so I might be new, but I dont get the hatred towards freebies... sometimes seeds dont germ, and they aren't suppose to be for you anyways right? If you arent good at germing, or dont want them , find someone who is willing to try them and would be more than happy with them all failing just for the chance, gl to everyone though! LGH

Limeygreen

Veteran
Sam's seeds germ well, the Sk x durpoi had shitty results but I think it was germ method. The haze crosses germ vigorously, not as fast as fresh seed but fast enough that there is nothing to complain about, one day from planting in 87-90 f, two days in paper towel at 78 f.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's any consolation, I have only put two of my OThazexsk1 in dirt. Knowing that these were probably of a run consisting of thousands of seeds, and could possibly have some time on them, I scuffed the edges as a precaution. Got one male, and one female.

I culled the dewd, and this is the fem...

That's 100% germ rate which is optimum, and 50% female/male ratio and again optimum. All that from fucking bunk seeds. Wowsa.
I'm still smoking on my THunk, and have one finishing outside. All that from bunk seed. Those bleedin bunk thunks!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Gypsy asks that the freebs be given away anyways..>! lol

So, I ordered a pack of a great LEGENDS strain (turned out to be great, enjoying it right now), and I get a 5-pack freeb of something else from Legends that I always wanted.... The 5-pack yielded 3 Moms, 2 quality ones, and I ended up keeping one, as a base in the stable....

Yes, my THUNK is still in the fridge, but I have no complaints about the MAZAR Landrace freebies I received the last two times...!

DG, Gypsy, and the Kitties, et al, do a darn good professional job in a potentially shifty biz....

The Bay Shreds.....!

The freebie. yum.

Last edited:
W

Weedman Herb

A landrace from Mazar I Shariff is worth its weight in diamonds IMHO. What a score. I was soooooo pissed off when Henk from DP got his Mazar all skunked up. Maybe I need to order some beans?

C

Classyathome

I have gifted freebies to friends - and their germ rate (Kali-Most) was damn near 100%, and MOD hasn't made beans in years. And it grew to kickass weed.

I have never had germ issues with ANY SB product, and trust me, I've bought a pile o' beans, and gotten some very nice freebies (Kali-Most and Blockhead come to mind).

Blockhead for free??? Yup.

Chaghatai

It has long been a practice to give away seeds from untested strains that the breeder intends to market someday. So I don't see it as a dump for a failed batch, but rather a free chance to get tommorow's "next big thing"

Chaghatai

I hate it when individual posts get deleted. makes these threads hard to read and understand in original context. I don't like that individuals can leave holes in threads by deleting all their old posts when they "retire". Nor do I like it when it happens due to mods deleting accounts or posts. Oh well - end rant/threadjack

Even in that thread the users refer to two batches of the DPxSK1, one good batch, one bad batch, there were also users in that thread who reported the 0 germ rates I did.

Is it so bad admitting that perhaps ya'll were mistaken in keeping a particular batch of seeds in circulation when they were approaching inviability?

That thread also included purchased DPxSK1 seeds which logically would be seperate from the freebies, since they're included in the Sam Skunkman Retail stock.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah.....I buy seeds from various sources.....and then give them away for free.......but still get the odd person complaining about something they were given for nothing .....sheeesh!..

oh well most all that recieve the 'freebies''......are happy campers......so why should I worry?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got a free pack of sk1 from gypsys shop in Amsterdam.........i was only young, so i can not be held accountable for my actions...

am i right in thinkin i lost a pack of skunkmans old SK1 seeds....would this have been a line before he sweetend it??......if so...i think my head is about to explode

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
well the results from the Durban x Skunk are pretty good considering they were in a drawer for over 4 years
from 17 seeds (1 pack had 9 and the other had 2 damaged seeds) so far 7 popped
I'd say considering there age and they way they were stored thats a pretty reasonable rate
I'll post the pic's once I find my camera lead

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Oh man....i cant believe that all these 'BUNK SEEDS' are germinating!! Next yous all gonna tell me that all the Sams gear are germin. Where's the soap opera. Anyway my Xmas pud has almost finished steamin. OP are you sure that you had the correct wattage of lights on those seed to get them to germ. I heard a good way was to get Budgies to eat the seed then poop them out. Pre-furtled n all that.!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts