What's new

Questions for Sam the Skunkman on Hindu Kush Indicas

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Lowland Afghanis seem to be generally bigger/wider then in the typical shorter hindu kush.
I may be wrong but from the research i've done this seems to be the case.This is just what i've found and i'm open to creative criticism.

I

icmag.is.#1

I have recently come across a bit of smoke which was said to be named Sam's Creek. Just curious but could this be something Sam had a hand in creating?

It had a very unique taste which I liked and was pretty potent if memory serves me correctly

A

Afghanicus

Hindu kush early flower

Hindu kush early flower

Here's a pic of sensi seeds hindu kush, third generation selection from seed. Seeded by a nice male with nice fat dark green leaves.

peace

Attachments

• DSCF4984.jpg
    DSCF4984.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Lowland Afghanis seem to be generally bigger/wider then in the typical shorter hindu kush.
I may be wrong but from the research i've done this seems to be the case.This is just what i've found and i'm open to creative criticism.

open to creative criticism... I like that ! May I ?

I actually disagree with the "typical shorter hindu kush" as +3m tall plants are not at all uncommon in Pakistan Hindu Kush fields. And I'm talking about Indica strains (HK is packed with wild sativas). If the plants are well tended and receive proper irrigation they'll grow huge, with some phenos finishing in December !

I also have some difficulties with this lowland/highland distinction. I mean, the diversity is so huge & everywhere you find different indica & sativa variations. For a same altitude, you can find a valley's bottom unhabited by sativas, and all indica in the other one (I'm talking about the wild plants here).
Lowland/highland doesn't mean much actually. For a better view & understanding, what is need is LOCALITY ! Or at least the name of a valley or something in that order (for security reasons it's not always possible to give a village's name).

I have read through this thread, and understand that many seeds collected as "Afghani" are from low lying/more accessable/port type areas, while the kushes come from the remote mountains

Sam will surely reply better than me on this one as I haven't been to Afghanistan, but most must come from cities areas which were part of the Hippie HAshish Trail, such as HErat, Mazar and Kabul & areas around. In Pakistan, the main Hippie haven was in Madyan, Swat valley, and as a matter of fact there's plenty of wild indica growing in Swat valley. Chitral area was also a stopover, although a bit out centered and less accessible than Swat.eheh, I have an old Geo magazine, with an article about Chitral. There's a pic of the city's mosq with mountains behind and the text mentions CHitral as being "especially famous for its excellent hashish" ! cool...

By the way, here a few pictures of Hindu Kush plants. Short ones are shot in a private garden in Yarkhun valley, at roughly 3000m elevation.
Big ones are plants grown in France from seeds picked in the private garden. I was far from even dreaming they would grow this size when I germed them.
There's also a wild sativa in Rumbur valley, near Chitral, and two pics of young indicas in Swat valley. Bed of sprouts is in Madyan, single plant is in MIngora.

Irie !

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Mriko, do you have any info about the Laspur seeds from Pakistan? I have about 90 of them and was wanting to do a run with them.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Laspur is in Hindu Raj, which is a lesser harm of the Hindu Kush, and not far from Yarkhun valley. Plants are grown for hash at more or less 3000m.
I grew some from seeds I picked from a seized plant in a police station eheh...
Nice resin covered buds with a lovely golden color. Strong piney flavours & creeping & spacey high.
HEre some pics of the plant I grew along with the Yarkhuns

Irie !

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SamS
Is the strain Viking a dutch made hybrid or is it from the seed of Old Ed (R.I.P. 2007) itself and do you know perhaps the genetics.It is said that the strain is a full indica but i have doubts about it.
Which strains do you mean that were crap not worth of trying?Just be honest!

To test a male plant for THC profile is it not simple to test it with TLC so to take cuttings of the best males you have and than taking samples for the THC-profile instead of smoking it.:muahaha:
I know that GC/MS is the most accurate but the cannabinoid standards are under control of the DEA and second off all it is to very expensive to analyse with this method.TLC is now used in the Netherlands

You mentioned earlier about the Yunnan strains that what you did grow was more for rope than for delightment.Is it not that certain factors can influence the cannabinoid profile, like soil type, specific nutrients like Fe or Mg, UV-B light etc.You grew the Yunnan strains in a glass greenhouse.From glasswindows it is known that it blocks UV-light.Is it not possible when a strain has Bd/Bt allele to make a strong strain with a high THC-content?

Peace

El manito

A male Yunnan strain

zier er goed uit El

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Pops....keep on um man.....lookin goooood....

Mirko is the man!!...

Who said ya can't smoke a Male?......Males will produce Resins just like a Female...but some not as much and sometimes takes longer...You gata grow out the Male like a Female and give it all the same love...Bloom nutes n boost n all...But resins are resins...
Best frosted Male Ive had was a BogBubble male that was so frosty it just hasn't been beat yet...But he threw pistils to and had to go...sometimes you gata choose between super sexy and stable...
FOE20

E

elmanito

Brazil Amazonia

Brazilian landrace, probably with Santa Marta influences

picture.php

Namaste :canabis:

gkn

amazing plants mriko

el manito, that brazilian amazona looks pretty different than brazil amazonian i've seen from atreyu, can you tell something more about it?

saludos!

E

elmanito

@gkn
Its got 75% indica & 25% sativa genes in it.I got the seeds from the World of Seeds.It seems to be pretty resistant against molds.
Do you have any pics of your Brazilian strain????

Here is another one, but got more sativa genes in it.

picture.php

E

elmanito

Nice juicy bud!!!! :D

I also think you have different strains in Brazil.The strain which is used by KC Brains has also more sativa genes than indica.

chris1985

this is an interesting read and definatly gets me thinking about different things!

I would love to try some of this variety and i think in my next grow i might just do that!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Who said ya can't smoke a Male?......Males will produce Resins just like a Female...but some not as much and sometimes takes longer...You gata grow out the Male like a Female and give it all the same love...Bloom nutes n boost n all...But resins are resins...

You don't even need the resin actually ! I remember well about a Thai male that I grew in the mid 90s, with lots of thin leaves which had a very deep blue-ish green color when dried. They had a very fruity perfume and a very giggly & nicely stimulating high. Same about a Durban Poison male with quite potent effect for plain leaves. Both far better than any of the commercial bud you can get in my area nowadays.

Irie ! :wave:

cronicle

If reeferboy[man] got his stock from sam his seeds they would not suck so bad,but the fact is that dick will even sell you green seeds,and that is just wrong

Z

Zeinth

?

?

Question for sam..

Met an old timer out in anza..he gifted me a few girls..

even in veg these smell like roadkill skunk.

they look like a strange kind of bubba..he was an adviser in 80's

said he saw many types of cannabis in afganistan...

when u bred out the skunk smell...what region was the skunkiest smelling plant from..

he said this strain was from Wakon corridor...

short squat plants that are dense and dark green...

anyways..I remember Frank marino and mahogany rush..at the sanberdo fair grounds..:dance013:

RKS is proberly just a randrom skunk pheno ie what is now called cheese, at the end of the day insn't the best smokes the first few you have had, the best drink and so so on. IMO that is why a lot of ppl are saying that the old skool weed was best in 77etc, meaning when you was 18 you try good weed you have never felt anything like it and so on, all imo. If the old weed is so lucrative why is it not present?

Latest posts

Latest posts