What's new

Questions for Sam the Skunkman on Hindu Kush Indicas

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
dubi said:
I hope the chinese and others are doing fine Pops, :smile:

i hope you can find the medical CBD pheno you are looking for. In my experience yunnan has good potential as an anti anxiety plant. You still can find different chemotypes in the lines and of course different quality between the females, line it's only in its 2nd generation, but sure you can find interesting parental plants to work with, there's lot of potential in the chinese line, especially when you find a good one and outcross her to sativas.

Good luck and please keep us updated with progresses! dubi

Dubi, I agree with you that it is a good anti-anxiety plant. I am using it on a few patients to try to figure out what it does best. One lady with severe spinal pain said it helped with the pain and lasted a long time. My daughter said it helped with stress and anxiety. I have crossed it to one of Real seed Companies Sheberghans, whish looks very sativa. I have also made a few seeds with L.U.I., to produce a shorter plant that I can use in a hydro SOG. It will be about 5 weeks before I harvest the 6 females I have flowering now. My one male died, but I have a few more seeds to pop. I would hope that more folks try your Yunnan Indica. She is a pretty plant with nice yields.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pops said:
Dubi, I agree with you that it is a good anti-anxiety plant. I am using it on a few patients to try to figure out what it does best. One lady with severe spinal pain said it helped with the pain and lasted a long time. My daughter said it helped with stress and anxiety. I have crossed it to one of Real seed Companies Sheberghans, whish looks very sativa. I have also made a few seeds with L.U.I., to produce a shorter plant that I can use in a hydro SOG. It will be about 5 weeks before I harvest the 6 females I have flowering now. My one male died, but I have a few more seeds to pop. I would hope that more folks try your Yunnan Indica. She is a pretty plant with nice yields.

Good day Pops,

I didn't know you already harvested a few chinese indica, i'm not a med user but im very happy that the line could be useful for the med patients close to you. Im glad you found the effects and yields interesting, it's a quite vigorous and good yielding indica.

Chinese males need high light intensity to not flower and died in the mother room.

Thanks for share your experience. Flowering pics would be welcome!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dubi, I had 3 females from seed and 1 male. The male died and I had 2 phenos from the females. Two were very branchy and one was an autoflower with single cola. I could not get clones off her. I took 6 clones from the other 2. All 6 look like they came from the same plant. They are very uniform and will all be good yielders. My son has a camera,but due to his illness, cannot use his hands. I will try to figure out how to use his and get a picture. I have never owned a camera.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Dubi, I got a couple shots of the CI,but a lot of HPS orange in them. I am lousy at taking pictures.

These last 2 were seeded by a Sheberghan and a L.U.I.

P.S. These are 4 weeks in flower.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Pops :smile: Plant in the last pic is showing a flower structure quite similar to her mother, china 6. How are aromas and resin production at late flowering ??

dubi,
i have a package for you i need to send of my chinesexwhiterussian.
i would love to get you a copy of my 3 chi girls too. give me a bit i promised a mutual friend that you'd it and i like to keep my word. i toked a bit of my chinese indica #1(blonde feno) yesterday and had to nap. i'm not a light weight by far(i been puffin the chem91 and willie nelson is my fav herbs). i'll look for pics of my pigment challenged blonde feno. her lack of chlorophil makes her look pink.
peace,
pwf

Last edited:
here is my little hindu kush male after i topped him back in sept.
the other 2 are my chinese indica blonde feno which is a very nice lemony smell and a good relaxing indica high.
good show on your chinese POPS! i find mine to be very relieving of physical stress and helps even a bit with pain. i'm very thankful reeferman gave me these.
peace,
pwf

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
dubi said:
Thanks Pops :smile: Plant in the last pic is showing a flower structure quite similar to her mother, china 6. How are aromas and resin production at late flowering ??

My first run of these plants was very small plants in a grow room that was way too hot. My summer temps here are between 110 and 115. I grew them in the summer with am a/c that was not working properly. As bad as things turned out, I was still impressed with the CYI. I can't really tell you about smell, as I have smoked cigs for 48 years and cannot smell my own farts(which is a good thing). The buds were fairly potent,so I decided to give them a better run. I will find out in about 4 weeks when I harvest.

indifferent

Veteran
Interesting info on the Yuinnan. I happen to have three batches of seeds labelled Dali, Sichuan and Yunnan, all being from SW China. Not grown them yet but they are on the 'near future list ' as I'm keen to find new landrace indica breeding plants no I have several selected landrace sativas to work with.

E

elmanito

dubi said:
Good day manito,

Im very curious about your yunnan line, please can you share more details about her origins, aromas, effect and quality?

Looks quite similar in leaf trait and structure in the first month of life to the chinese line i've working for past years.

Hey Dubi

Most of the pheno' s are from the sativa type like Vietnamese, Laos.This pheno was an exception but i used this pheno to cross it with a sativa pheno with an orange scent.Aroma' s are from spicy pine scent to orange/mandarin.There are difference in aromas.Also the effect can be different from more sleepy to a good high.Most of pheno' s have a good resistancy to molds.Like most SE-Asian types they start to flower in September.If everything is going OK i will have seeds from the Chinese province Jilin.The locals produce a sort of hash from these strains.

Namaste :canabis:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pops said:
My first run of these plants was very small plants in a grow room that was way too hot. My summer temps here are between 110 and 115. I grew them in the summer with am a/c that was not working properly. As bad as things turned out, I was still impressed with the CYI. I can't really tell you about smell, as I have smoked cigs for 48 years and cannot smell my own farts(which is a good thing). The buds were fairly potent,so I decided to give them a better run. I will find out in about 4 weeks when I harvest.

Thanks Pops for the info. Best wishes for second chinese round. Please, keep us updated!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
poorwhitefarmer said:
the other 2 are my chinese indica blonde feno which is a very nice lemony smell and a good relaxing indica high.
good show on your chinese POPS! i find mine to be very relieving of physical stress and helps even a bit with pain. i'm very thankful reeferman gave me these.
peace,
pwf

Thanks for share it poorwhitefarmer :smile:
Looks resinous! Im glad you found it tasty and medicinal.

I have heard good reports about RM's chinese but i know very little about its origin.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
elmanito said:
Hey Dubi

Most of the pheno' s are from the sativa type like Vietnamese, Laos.This pheno was an exception but i used this pheno to cross it with a sativa pheno with an orange scent.Aroma' s are from spicy pine scent to orange/mandarin.There are difference in aromas.Also the effect can be different from more sleepy to a good high.Most of pheno' s have a good resistancy to molds.Like most SE-Asian types they start to flower in September.If everything is going OK i will have seeds from the Chinese province Jilin.The locals produce a sort of hash from these strains.

Namaste :canabis:

Great info manito :smile:

Chinese Yunnan strains must be related to some asian sativa lines, that's why we find sativa influence and sat phenos growing yunnan genetics, yunnan im working with it's indica dominant line but i have found heavy sativa influenced plants too. I also have experienced a wide variety of aromas in the line: spicy, woody, incensey, sweet, sour ... and different effects too.

Best wishes with your yunnan projects, sounds very interesting :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
indifferent said:
Interesting info on the Yuinnan. I happen to have three batches of seeds labelled Dali, Sichuan and Yunnan, all being from SW China. Not grown them yet but they are on the 'near future list ' as I'm keen to find new landrace indica breeding plants no I have several selected landrace sativas to work with.

Yes, i think Dali is located in Yunnan province, i remember Clarke writing about yunnan varities, he posted dali wild plants and some looked pretty sativa, other like sat/ind mixes. I grew one Sichuan and was an extremely broad indica looking plant, very hash plant looking with beautiful red colors but effect was dissapointing, low potency with headache, taste was quite bad too. Good luck reproducing your chinese lines!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
dubi said:
Yes, i think Dali is located in Yunnan province, i remember Clarke writing about yunnan varities, he posted dali wild plants and some looked pretty sativa, other like sat/ind mixes. I grew one Sichuan and was an extremely broad indica looking plant, very hash plant looking with beautiful red colors but effect was dissapointing, low potency with headache, taste was quite bad too. Good luck reproducing your chinese lines!

Hey dubi

I am growing some "dali indicas" right now and the seeds were taken from wild purple plants. I don't expect to find great potency but these can turn out interesting. I think most strains in the region are feral hemp of the indica sub species. Could have some long lost resin and cannabinoid profiles.

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
My Chinese "indicas" are very sativa looking. I will try to get some bud shots as they are long and somewhat fluffy, with many white hairs.

P

phr3d0m2gr0

Wow great thread. One question though; what is a GC? It is mentioned earlier that it's used to find THC content and such.

Could any of you indica pros quantify the difference between TYPICAL "Afghan #1" and "Master Kush/HinduKush" type plants? I have read through this thread, and understand that many seeds collected as "Afghani" are from low lying/more accessable/port type areas, while the kushes come from the remote mountains.

How do the plants differ?

Xare

Afghans have rounded water leafs on the buds, in contrast to the pointy ones that Kush Display.