What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Folks

Some herb from the Thai / Myanmar border .
The smell was like the Haze .

Strong stuff . All in the head and eyes like the Dr Grinspoon I had in the Dam .

2KKQGmrl.jpg

z9RNVI6l.jpg

RAVcf4Gl.jpg

UAdIwvTl.jpg

wFdYoY1l.jpg

I smoked as much as I could in the time I had . Gave most of it away to people I met in my travels . They weren`t necessarily smokers , but would add it to soup .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigherb

Veteran
I'm thankful to all who have contributed to this thread , I havnt posted from my desktop in sometime an hate posting from my phone like now . Much respect to HB/Bushy/ jhonnyC /Unc EB

Johnny C

Those OHaze are beautiful please keep us posted on your progress

Unc EB

It's great to know there is still quality genetics that are grown and hopefully preserved there . I know your standards soo I imagine that to be something unique atleast for a NYer of my generation. I'm impressed most the buds are not compressed seems like you have the hookup where ever you travel

I was really hoping it was a pure Haze but it's exciting to see a pure Thai that has Haze traits , you know my opinion already and I think this is why the smell is familiar to you

1luvbigherb

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Biggie

Is that I have contacts every where ?
Or I only go where I have contacts ?? he he .

Got lucky there . I had been smoking the brick weed for a cpl of months when I heard about a contact up by the Golden Triangle . Sooo ... what`s a man to do ?
Train ,Plane , Bus ,pick up truck ,Tuk Tuk, Motor cycle Taxi , long tail boat and I`m back to tell the tale .
And a cpl of dozen beans in my stash .

Nth West Thailand
fdIhFbUl.jpg

The Mighty Mekong River .
Myanmar on the left , Laos on the right and standing on Thai soil .
HTTKfAnl.jpg

Self explanatory ...
UIEF1wwl.jpg

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G`day Folks

I found a cpl dozen seeds in 2-3 Oz .
These were the tops I kept for smoking myself .

View Image

View Image

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Very "thai" looking erb there eb ,
looks like the same it comes out here ,
that hot dry climate sure helps the maturing though hey ??
i havent had any seasons favourable enough yet,
but im sure they will come ...

good luck with the seed ,
your thinking hybrids with something right??

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Don

Well I didn`t take risks with the Royal Thai judicial system to splice the genes initially .
I`m thinkin a repro and then let the games begin .

It would be nice to keep that kind of high discrete from the hybrids .
Back home now smoking some of Chaco and Sunny`s gear ESCD x NVL`s Hz x Lem SK / Mazar reversed . . Stronger physically . But in another realm as far as head space and energy .
This kind of buzz prolly wouldn`t be very pleasant in 40 degree C and 80% humidity . Where as the brick or this loose stuff seemed to suit the climate and pace of life .

The buds in the pix I was smoking as one paper joints with tobacco and getting quite high each time . The stuff had bang for buck most def .

Another stash of brick seed to come as well .

Fingers crossed for good germ rate .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Going to launch the Thunks I've got when things warm up a bit.
Started 10 Thunk and 10 OHxSk1 seeds a week ago today.
And to my surprise 1 thunk is up this morning...
picture.php

Anyone have an idea how old these freebies are?

For a germination comparison, I began 18 Nev's Haze two days after the above,
and by today half of those are up.
Here's three...
picture.php

And yes, the thunk and NHs will be crossed.

cheers all

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Started 10 Thunk and 10 OHxSk1 seeds a week ago today.
And to my surprise 1 thunk is up this morning...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53016&pictureid=1455684View Image

Anyone have an idea how old these freebies are?

For a germination comparison, I began 18 Nev's Haze two days after the above,
and by today half of those are up.
Here's three...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53016&pictureid=1455179View Image

And yes, the thunk and NHs will be crossed.

cheers all

Sounds like you've got a great lineup going. I have the same 3 in my freezer waiting someday. Any chance on a grow log? You're definitely going to have your hands full in the near future, but a real treat in the end.

I believe these seeds are from the mid 80's-late 80's, but only Sam can confirm how old they are. I had around 70% germination when I ran Sam's HazeSkunk.

bigherb

Veteran
Thanks again to all who have contributed

Times change an nowadays i cant post as i would like to ,I found some time to sit at the desk top . What hasnt changed is my Love of Haze , im Glad we all share in this

Lowfaultin

I love your style

I hope you keep us posted on this Haze Run .I think Sams Haze hybrids are under rated because there isnt promotion or actual activity from his seed company . Id love to Run them both ,one day i will . The Thunk Crossed to Nevilles Haze would be wild . I think the Haze is Dominant in his hybrids an i think the Thai shows her qualities in Nevils Haze's . Again because i believe Sams Gave Nevil Burning bush Stock . Soo the cross is in my mind is bringing the Thai Haze back to Thai Haze

Unc EB

The pics are beautiful ,your heart an passion can take you to some amazing places evident by your pics .That Thai is amazing ,im very happy you found beans and also happy knowing that quality oldschool pure sativa is still being grown there

Johnny

Did you find out what year those seedsman OHaze were aquired ?

I believe Some companies may have sold seeds Sams made/sold to them before they made selections . Although not common Seedsman Haze has had some excellent reports

Im loving your pics an while im not from the ERA of sativas i think those Seedsman Hazes have a Lumbo look with Dark Green very slender leaves . I love the look . Id love to see dry bud shots in the future, Keep us posted on the progress i hope a Frankincense pheno emerges .

Haze for Days

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• Haze n Holidaze 061.jpg
    Haze n Holidaze 061.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Haze n Holidaze 094.jpg
    Haze n Holidaze 094.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Haze n Holidaze 090.jpg
    Haze n Holidaze 090.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 21

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Flat stem on this Original Haze pheno

View Image

How do I get a leaf to test the DNA of the fasciated stem plant? Get your post count to over 50 so I can PM you.
I bet the mother I used to make the seed was also fasciated, I like her and used her a lot. When a small clone she acts normal when over 3 feet tall she fasciates every time with the top of the central stalk. I have had her for over 20 years. Not many reported fasciated progeny.

-SamS

JohnnyChicago

Did you find out what year those seedsman OHaze were aquired ? I believe Some companies may have sold seeds Sams made/sold to them before they made selections . Although not common Seedsman Haze has had some excellent reports Im loving your pics an while im not from the ERA of sativas i think those Seedsman Hazes have a Lumbo look with Dark Green very slender leaves . I love the look . Id love to see dry bud shots in the future, Keep us posted on the progress i hope a Frankincense pheno emerges . 1luvbigherb
I bought the seeds in 2008-2009 and last year I acquired another 2 packs that are supposed to be from 2010. The females do all have old school spicy wood aromas, but I have more seeds left and I have found a male "the sexiest" that has a very distinctive dark odor, the same kind of smell that I had experienced 10 years ago on a Kali Mist that was like pure frankincense. But I haven't flowered him our yet.

JohnnyChicago

How do I get a leaf to test the DNA of the fasciated stem plant? Get your post count to over 50 so I can PM you. I bet the mother I used to make the seed was also fasciated, I like her and used her a lot. When a small clone she acts normal when over 3 feet tall she fasciates every time with the top of the central stalk. I have had her for over 20 years. Not many reported fasciated progeny. -SamS
OK. I will flower out 1-2 clones as soon as I have room for to see if they do the same.