What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

JohnnyChicago

"Oldtimer's Haze is completly hermie free, rare in a tropical line." -dubi

*one might argue that throwing hermies is the survival of the fittest

She was my favorite Oldtimer's Haze seedling.

All the hazes are still in their initial 0.4l pots in order to reduce stretch, with no nutes and have been intentionally exposed to heat stress.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60533&pictureid=1422047&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
She was my favorite Oldtimer's Haze seedling.
All the hazes are still in their initial 0.4l pots in order to reduce stretch,
with no nutes and have been intentionally exposed to heat stress.
Thanks for sharing pics of these elegant plants.
Looking forward to following their progress.
Going to launch the Thunks I've got when things warm up a bit.
btw, welcome to icmag... you're off to a bangin' start.

JohnnyChicago

Thanks LF.

Had no luck with my Original Hazes. Out of 2 packs, I haven't found 1 interesting female. I'm trying to flower out the clones now..

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Anyone ever tried Homegrown Fantaseeds Haze?

That should be the same as Nirvana or High Quality Seeds. They all came from the same stock= Wernard Bruining and Positronics seedbank stock. Although it's hard to say if they still have the original parents or it's a different strain already.

:biggrin:

bigherb

Veteran
Anyone ever tried Homegrown Fantaseeds Haze?

They are now closed an I don't believe seeds are available

The line won a cup years back . But a friend an haze aficiando thought it was a waste of space

I wouldn't think to search there line we have several other lines that would be a better option

1luvbigherb

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Gascanastan just put up the Blue Orca which is a '71 Afghani x '76 Thai Stick from Clackamas Coot crossed to a repopulation from the 1991 NL#5 x Neville’s Haze for sale at swami seed

i smoked his cut from that stock a few months ago and ended up getting light headed and fainting and finding myself falling to the ground... then went soaring up up up into a psychadelic rainbow space trip pinball machine land as if i was a flying saucer surveying alien landscapes... the lsd effect that i've heard people describe of the original haze to have is definitely there from what i can tell, although i never smoked the original haze...but there's also a smooth indica that sets in and relaxes you and sort of... keeps you from freaking out, or dying due to astonishment as terrence mckenna might've put it. it was unique from other things i've smoked, my buddy that smoked some too couldn't even speak, he kept trying to say things and just ...couldn't, like it was his first time smoking or something... :laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:

bushweed

Veteran
I think I wrote something disparaging about haze in my last post on this thread and generally talked shit, but I'm here to admit my ignorance. I was lucky enough to acquire some pure haze recently from a respected international breeder that purportedly 'came from Sam's garden' and kept by an underground preservationist in Europe. This haze is quite possibly the most sensational smelling pot I've ever come across, and I have to admit my admiration for the people who created it and preserved it. I only grew a couple of these, but both specimens would stand out in any garden - not only for the exceptional aromas, but also for the beautiful structure and outstanding high. Giant on the left...

picture.php

The flavors on this haze are pungent over ripe tropical fruits and sweet citrus with an undertone of hashish, maybe sweet mandarin and lychee. It's early days and I'm already noting changes, so I'll update later on. I've grown quite a bit of Neville's and Mango Haze and it has the same root notes, but this is more ambrosial. I can see how a bit of hybridization would result in the other flavors. The high on both plants without a cure is uplifting and trippy, and stronger than any commercial haze hybrid I've tried. Not over the top, but my wife took three hits on a bong and needed a bit of hand holding afterwards. Both plants had similar strength, which leads me to think that they have been well bred, and I suspect there may be very powerful phenos in there. Both were green throughout their growth and the absence of purple traits may indicate later stock that contained Sam's Sakhon Nakon Thai. They still contain some real old school vigor...
picture.php

picture.php

One distinguishing feature of this line is the shortened middle finger on the leaves, has anyone seen this trait in their haze?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]

The flowers are fairly loose and resinous[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], but bulk up nicely after 14-16 weeks at 27 degrees from the equator (probably longer the further you get from the equator, and possibly 12 weeks in equatorial regions).[/FONT] They were relatively fast compared to other pure sats. I'm afraid I didn't snap any shots of full term flowers, but they reminded me of the Laos border Thai I grew last year, but a bit faster and heavier colas...
picture.php
[/FONT]
I was pretty damn impressed with this line and they will be run again, along with a few hybrids I made...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Bush weed,.... ." I was lucky enough to acquire some pure haze recently from a respected international breeder that purportedly 'came from Sam's garden' and kept by an underground preservationist in Europe. This haze is quite possibly the most sensational smelling pot I've ever come across, and I have to admit my admiration for the people who created it and preserved it."

Who, whose line is this? Is it underground and cannot be told, or is it available?

Fascinating middle leaf shortening trait, never seen anything like that.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
That shortened middle leaf is a trip. The whole plant pic you posted shows it all over...which is something I can't recall ever having seen in the haze hybrids I've grown. I'm curious if Sam can recall seeing any of his hazes with that leaf characteristic or not.

Say hi to Mr. Mallard for me if you ever run into him. I got one of his C99 x webbed indica going outside right now.

HB.

bigherb

Veteran
Bushy

Sup brother great to see your recent post an pics I see things are looking great

Thanks for the detailed post

Ive long awaited a pure Haze to be grown by you or Brother Kanga down under ,I'm glad it has finally happened

The overripe tropical fruit is reminiscent of MNS Skunk Haze pheno I had .But more interesting the Santa Cruz OHaze was reported to produce traits like such .You mention Sakhon Nakon Thai , I Don't recall Sams mentioning the exact source or local of the Thai he reportedly gifted which was crossed to the Haze .

Where did he post this ?

Also I recall you receiving the Haze Stock and our brother starting his seeds at the same time why is the source being withheld now it wasn't back then

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts