What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
I would say the term haze is referring more to the type of high rather than an exact plant type with specific growing habits

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
mmmmm Black Widow x Ohaze..... Kali Mist x Ohaze.... and Thaistick x Ohaze sounds dank matey...
Im popping some kochangThaiStick x THH in a minute.... bout to setup the tent, and start mixing dirt today.

olday

Veteran
MadMac Thank you for everything you are doing for this community - I appreciate your positive pursuits as this community isn’t as large as the task of finding and preserving this gene pool.

harvestreaper

Veteran
What is haze? What is original haze? Easy :we don't know.
Sam called it original haze, but it could have been called Sam haze ... OT1 called it haze, the others called it oldtimer haze in honor of her, in both cases we don't know what they are ....
And I don't even bother to bring up Phylos and other things.

sams old bagseed :crazy:

harvestreaper

Veteran
after seeing the old add of posi an my old cut from there being exact same as discription maybe i need to investigate toms genetics ive seen nothing like it in whats shown tho no super sticky looking buds of same shape always looked like sk /haze to me but people like it and describe a similar high and after all haze is what haze does

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
sams old bagseed :crazy:

Ot1haze = oldtimer old bagseed...LOL
I was making irony of the phrase " original haze = THE haze" while it could be one haze...
It is very likely that there were several "haze" in circulation as there were several skunks in circulation (in addition to original skunk,THE skunk),..
If we were to just follow the words as if they were the gospel, there would only be ONE haze, brought to Europe by Sam, Nevil got his seeds from the Haze brothers and haze B is both original haze and mullumbimby madness ...

harvestreaper

Veteran
Ot1haze = oldtimer old bagseed...LOL
I was making irony of the phrase " original haze = THE haze" while it could be one haze...
It is very likely that there were several "haze" in circulation as there were several skunks in circulation (in addition to original skunk,THE skunk),..
If we were to just follow the words as if they were the gospel, there would only be ONE haze, brought to Europe by Sam, Nevil got his seeds from the Haze brothers and haze B is both original haze and mullumbimby madness ...

right its hard to tell whos was first or what time in a hybrids history is most legit ...be quite a riot tho if all this talk was just over a few fellas old bagseed lol ,,,, and joking aside i still aint ruling it out

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
right its hard to tell whos was first or what time in a hybrids history is most legit ...be quite a riot tho if all this talk was just over a few fellas old bagseed lol ,,,, and joking aside i still aint ruling it out

Hahaha me no come to fight, just to talk :) , we were all a bunch of happy stoner smokers once LoL

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Ot1haze x original haze
IMG_20220102_235641.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

pretty sure thats exactly what they began with ,
there was only bagseed then unless u went to another country to collect seed ,

earlier in this thread , or somewhere else , sam did say the haze brothers used to purchase pot ,
thats where the seed came from to grow and make haze from ,
i know nowadays theres some looking down on bagseed vs buying from a seed company,
but in reality some of the greatest pot has come from this ,, haze being an example of that ...

all we used to have in australia was bagseed when i was a lad ,
we still grew some awesome pot from it , stuff that would be highly valued today ,
so we cant really put bag seed down too much ,
some plants ive grown from it were better than some that come from modern seed companies,
certainly more unique ...

harvestreaper

Veteran

earlier in this thread , or somewhere else , sam did say the haze brothers used to purchase pot ,
i know nowadays theres some looking down on bagseed vs buying from a seed company,
but in reality some of the greatest pot has come from this ,, haze being an example of that ...

we still grew some awesome pot from it , stuff that would be highly valued today ,
some plants ive grown from it were better than some that come from modern seed companies,

for sure donald same with me had some great stuff from bagseed and a similar experiance with them as yourself by sound of it ,,as we all know aint about were you get seeds from its what the genetics contain then envioment that determine quality,,i guess at the least all the politics has kept us all entertained lol

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hahaha , yes indeed , one can get a chuckle out of it all from time to time ,
i usually dont take too much serious ,, sadly that doesnt get displayed via typed messages and posts ,
but im either having a laugh or my tongue is firmly lodged in my cheek ,
i figure we live longer if we dont get too stressed about the smaller things that dont really matter that much ...

took me a while when i was younger to work that out , but im on it now ...

]most stoners seem to be pretty chilled folks , maybe it depends on what they toke too perhaps ..

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

Certainly, where I live there is no clone culture (or at least it did not exist until a few years ago), here we work with seeds, both from seedbanks and bagseeds ... In fact, a lot of what I grow comes from bagseeds ...

Latest posts

Latest posts