What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Oltimer Haze is pure columbian mix (he lost the best too... dubi did only get what was left and made selections with charly)

Oldtimer called it an unknown sativa he gave the seed away to Wolfman (his handle at CW ) who germinated all the seed and selected and made fresh seed and also cross it to C99. The C99 Ot1 hybrids were sold.

Wolfman was the person who named an unknown sativa Haze.

Wolfman started a thread at Cannabis World in the Mr Nice forum to give out for free the seed of what he now called Haze to i think 10 growers.

Shanti / Fet/ Dubi and others were offered the seed as was i but i said no.

OldTimer1 giving the unknown sativa away to Wolfman is found in the Vic High BC Form archives.

Hope your well Max

Happy New Years Every One.

RingtailCanyon

I think it’s fine he called it haze.
Shantibaba called his mullum haze as well.
I call simply irresistible haze too.
if it walks like a haze…

harvestreaper

Veteran
I wish you good luck in this endeavor. Personally, I think the weed gene pool has been largely ruined over the last 40 years by trying to breed faster, bigger yielding plants. In my opinion, the unique high from a 20-week sativa simply can't be replicated in 10 weeks. When you select away from long flowering you're alsoo going to be selecting away from the very best effects. I don't think your objective is possible, but I'd be happy to see you prove me wrong. Happy New Year!

it can for sure be found at least in the old 80s early 90s hazes being used in hybrids,, my grail was one such plant which ive not found the like of since
20211226_145822.jpg

toddshaze pheno 7 currerntly @21 weeks,, hope she good

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish you good luck in this endeavor. Personally, I think the weed gene pool has been largely ruined over the last 40 years by trying to breed faster, bigger yielding plants. In my opinion, the unique high from a 20-week sativa simply can't be replicated in 10 weeks. When you select away from long flowering you're alsoo going to be selecting away from the very best effects. I don't think your objective is possible, but I'd be happy to see you prove me wrong. Happy New Year!

I also wonder about weeding out hermies. The originals had lots of hermies so..... Lots of people will not be able to discern the minor difference of these various lines, so the shorter flowering ones dominate.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Oldtimer called it an unknown sativa he gave the seed away to Wolfman (his handle at CW ) who germinated all the seed and selected and made fresh seed and also cross it to C99. The C99 Ot1 hybrids were sold.

Wolfman started a thread at Cannabis World in the Mr Nice forum to give out for free the seed of what he now called Haze to i think 10 growers.

OldTimer1 giving the unknown sativa away to Wolfman is found in the Vic High BC Form archives.

Hope your well Max

Happy New Years Every One.

Hampy learn from those who know something, not talk nonsense. You never grew or planted pure haze ... so you are irrelevant in that discussion ... after all if your Thai from the 70's was LIKE haze ... why OT can't be haze. Your planting skills are bad and your plants look awful. So if you planted something and you didn't achieve the best result, you're funny.... you grow weed for 30 years and still dont know how to grow it.
That says a lot about you.....
When you pretend to be an authority figure in something you have no knowledge of, you usually look ridiculous.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hampy learn from those who know something, not talk nonsense. You never grew or planted pure haze ... so you are irrelevant in that discussion ... after all if your Thai from the 70's was LIKE haze ... why OT can't be haze. Your planting skills are bad and your plants look awful. So if you planted something and you didn't achieve the best result, you're funny.... you grow weed for 30 years and still dont know how to grow it.
When you pretend to be an authority figure in something you have no knowledge of, you usually look ridiculous.

I really dont like you CANNATORIUM and you should stop smoking that CBD crap you grow its affecting your mind.

I was there like it or not the truth matters.

Insulting me just shows me how insecure you are.

Haze like it or not came from California Calling something Haze when its not is misleading and growers want the correct info on what they grow end of story.

Calling something Haze dose not automatically make it a quality line.

Get a life.

harvestreaper

Veteran

dam if hempys look bad mine ready for the trauma ward lol

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I think it’s fine he called it haze.
Shantibaba called his mullum haze as well.
I call simply irresistible haze too.
if it walks like a haze…

Shanti? Mullum? Nooo that's haze B ...
Remember the story? Haze A, B, C... 3 plants from same bag...? Do you think he's foolish enough to describe things wrong?
Ops Hehehe
Oldtimer haze,original haze.....
IMG_20220101_175556_257.jpg

Bnyest

One would have to search with fine tooth comb to find one positive post from you...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
huh ,,
i can like whomever's post i want , i like most of them if you look,
but while you are calling me out ,
how about that pile of leaf , is it a pile of cannabis leaf , did u check ,
hahahaha ..

CannaT

Premium user
One would have to search with fine tooth comb to find one positive post from you...

Most of my post are positive,but i have language barier...so what I wrote what google translate is different....

What piss me with hempy is that he constantly say that posts from some xy people are better expirience than MM who is growing haze for years....

I will belive more a person with expirience that man who never grow pure haze,and know something cuz someone post something on some forum....

If people like MadMac,JohnyChicago,Dubi...and lots of others real haze/sativa connoisseurs
they include oth in the haze family.....grow them and by expirience kow that this is haze....

And then come hempy who only grow haze hybrids not pure haze....try to challenge other people's work by qotes of some agenda noobs...like them he was friend with shanti and others....

maybe I was also but im not pretend to be authority here cuz i chated with Shanti or others....

i'm quite a scientific guy and i like to check facts, so i know how to sound like a party braker in the discussions of people who are mostly bro science theorists.

S and H - Copy.jpg

Greetings hempy someone also talk with some guys who you think that you have exlusive on their words... :*

but again I always trust my own experience more than other people's words.

Happy new year.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello again :)

YES...
things i'll also found over the time...
the later once are often the best on landrace & haze
but after talk to Sam about it... should be possible .. not a 100% match but close
sure you will never get a 100% match but close to in 10 weeks is doable ... i'll hope ;-)
A 8-10 week Haze could be made. It would require an Original Haze that was a bit faster, crossed with a very early Sativa like my S African Durban Poison. Then select the F1's for Haze taste & smell & potency and as fast flowering as possible and make F2's.

The males may need to be trialed for specific combining ability to the females and to test their progeny to be sure you have the fastest most Hazy male.

If you grow out enough F2's you will find one that is Haze but fast flowering. But it may take a few hundred or even thousands of plants to find what you really want, a fast flowering Haze.

This will give you a clone that is what you want, a fast flowering Haze, but if you want a seed line that is fast flowering and basicly Original Haze it is a whole lot more work, all the males and females need to be progeny tested before the best are selected to yield only fast flowering Original Haze's.

I made Original Haze X early Sativa crosses, but did not make the F2's I just was playing around to see what happened. They were a bit earlier, between the O Haze and the Sativa, but not a super fast Haze like you want. It is not so hard to do, I have even made O Haze F2 hybrids that looked and tasted and smelled like O Haze but they had no THC, I crossed them with a very very low THC variety to see what happened and in the f2's I found plants that everyone who saw them would swear were potent Haze, but they had almost no THC or Cannabinoids. They did smell and taste great.

-SamS

Hope your well Max
Charlie Garcia:
Not these seeds were 1 generation after Odltimer spared them. Must say also he always acted like a gentleman to us. He spared houndreds of them during the 90's as he said, also he spared seeds of 3 different Haze lines. These are 1 of those, he never got news about other 2. Is only info I remember. An old thread at CW ended up also really messy and polemic but for what we wanted, information about plants, to talk about plants, was dificult to extract any info at all which could help and maybe lead us in some growing and selecting direction... Maybe better like this, so not other influence when we looked at them for the first time.

and
OT-Haze
Time 15:15, 25 Dec 1998
From oldtimer1
"My haze was brought here [uk] from the states during its development it was still being developed field scale and may not represent the finished product. From what I have gleaned the nearest to the real thing on sale in Europe was sold by Wernard of Positronics. After he went bankrupt his stock and seed Co was taken over by Dutch passion / Home grown fantaseeds. Both these seed banks are run by relatives. The thing is that the spec for their haze has been changed from posies one in a big reduction on the finish time on 12/12. I suspect they have made a cross to a non dom indica. The thing is if you want to grow real haze it takes 12 to 16 weeks on 12/12 the very best being the late ones. The only other Haze that may have some of the original one in could be Nevils haze but greenhouse haven't published its spec yet but once again I suspect it will have indica added we will see. Most the other so called haze are lambs breath and Thai crosses. In fact in Holland haze has become a generic term for a sat with a strong up high.

Time 03:49, 26 Dec 1998
From oldtimer1

I don't have any pure haze mums any more I lost them 8 or 9 years ago to a Borg attack. This is a point worth making all the sat vars that I have tried are very susceptible to the two spot mite. So as far as growing sats are concerned a clean house is needed. I did haveloads of h seeds but over the years have given them away and Iím sorry to say no one made a go of it with them. In our climate it needs dedication and to be a good gardener to boot. To grow with tropicals indoors and under lighting, well totally different techniques are needed but to my mind they are worth it. This year I have passed on most of what I had left of my h seed stock to a friend and if he is successful the strain may carry on we will see. I do have some mums from a series of crosses made between h and ss of which hd is one, its my fav smoke and takes 9 to 10 w on 12 h.

as you see i'm well informed ;-)

and here some other secrets revealed ...
Click image for larger version  Name:	APPERANCE MANY SLIM FLOWERS. CAN BE LIME GREEN, DARK GREEN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	18029728

Click image for larger version  Name:	harvest date Netherlands natural photo period - end December.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	18029729

and because this OHz line is soo special and rar ...
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0089.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.3 KB ID:	18029730

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0091.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	18029731

will make a repro with all plants first... still have all other 10 Golli OHz cuts...
after testing... use the best and do best OHz x best Selfed to make fem's with great variation
that worked wonder last time... and i'll repeat it now again with my best 4 girls...

keep u updated from time to time...

other things are cooking also fine...
growing my last work now...
1. New Caledonia #23 x OHz (90 #5) Plant 4
2. Zamaldelica Double x OHz (90 #5) Plant 2
3. Black Widow x OHz (90 #5)
4. Kali Mist x OHz (90 #5)
5. A5 / OHz R4 x OHz (90 #5)
6. A5 / C5/5HzC x OHz (90 #5)
7. C99 x OHz (90 #5)
8. A5/Malawi x OHz (90 #5)
9. Lieu Hanh x OHz
10. Jack x OHz (90 #5)
11. Doors/OHz x OHz (90 #5)
12. Thai Stick x OHz (90 #5)
13. OHz 6 x OHzR4

New Caledonia #23 x OHz
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0085.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	192.8 KB ID:	18029732

IMG_0077.jpeg

Thai Stick x OHz
IMG_0074.jpeg

OHz #6 (90) x OHzR4 (4 best OHz reversed)
IMG_0064.jpeg

back on track....
all the best & much more
and many thx for all the good wishes :)
M.:smoker:

Take TFD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.
-SamS
TRUE
many thx SamS.

harvestreaper

Veteran
hello again :)

YES...
things i'll also found over the time...
the later once are often the best on landrace & haze
but after talk to Sam about it... should be possible .. not a 100% match but close
sure you will never get a 100% match but close to in 10 weeks is doable ... i'll hope ;-)

and

as you see i'm well informed ;-)

and here some other secrets revealed ...

and because this OHz line is soo special and rar ...

will make a repro with all plants first... still have all other 10 Golli OHz cuts...
after testing... use the best and do best OHz x best Selfed to make fem's with great variation
that worked wonder last time... and i'll repeat it now again with my best 4 girls...

keep u updated from time to time...

other things are cooking also fine...
growing my last work now...
1. New Caledonia #23 x OHz (90 #5) Plant 4
2. Zamaldelica Double x OHz (90 #5) Plant 2
3. Black Widow x OHz (90 #5)
4. Kali Mist x OHz (90 #5)
5. A5 / OHz R4 x OHz (90 #5)
6. A5 / C5/5HzC x OHz (90 #5)
7. C99 x OHz (90 #5)
8. A5/Malawi x OHz (90 #5)
9. Lieu Hanh x OHz
10. Jack x OHz (90 #5)
11. Doors/OHz x OHz (90 #5)
12. Thai Stick x OHz (90 #5)
13. OHz 6 x OHzR4

New Caledonia #23 x OHz

Thai Stick x OHz

OHz #6 (90) x OHzR4 (4 best OHz reversed)

back on track....
all the best & much more
and many thx for all the good wishes :)
M.:smoker:

TRUE
many thx SamS.

great post as usual mac,, thanks for posting that old add that is exactly how my grail was from back then ,,difrernt kinda sweet sticky than anything i seeing today and it was a 10 weeker

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Most of my post are positive,but i have language barier...so what I wrote what google translate is different....

What piss me with hempy is that he constantly say that posts from some xy people are better expirience than MM who is growing haze for years....

I will belive more a person with expirience that man who never grow pure haze,and know something cuz someone post something on some forum....

If people like MadMac,JohnyChicago,Dubi...and lots of others real haze/sativa connoisseurs
they include oth in the haze family.....grow them and by expirience kow that this is haze....

And then come hempy who only grow haze hybrids not pure haze....try to challenge other people's work by qotes of some agenda noobs...like them he was friend with shanti and others....

maybe I was also but im not pretend to be authority here cuz i chated with Shanti or others....

i'm quite a scientific guy and i like to check facts, so i know how to sound like a party braker in the discussions of people who are mostly bro science theorists.

filedata/fetch?id=18029709&d=1641120134

Greetings hempy someone also talk with some guys who you think that you have exlusive on their words... :*

but again I always trust my own experience more than other people's words.

Happy new year.

What you are has no relevance to me CANNATORIUM but you continuously insulting me unproved is now making it personal.

I know Scott personally he has met members of my family what i posted he can back up as he saw what i saw as did many others in relation to what they call OT1 Haze.

I haven't grown Sams haze so what i went with Nevils haze 2 decades ago because it was stronger going by all the grow reports .

You seam to be looking for excuses to validate your personal attacks on me well it better stop.

CannaT

Premium user
What you are has no relevance to me CANNATORIUM but continuously insulting me unproved is now making it personal.

I know Scott personally he has met members of my family what i posted he can back up as he saw what i saw as did many others in relation to what they call OT1 Haze.

I haven't grown Sams haze so what i went with Nevils haze 2 decades ago because it was stronger going by all the grow reports .

You seam to be looking for excuses to validate your personal attacks on me well it better stop.

you were the first to write that you don't like me,

I have no problem with you.

Sometimes I even like your posts.

I have a problem that you persistently want to be a judge of what is haze and what is not haze.

If we look that you have never planted unhybridized haze,
without anger but I consider it incompetent to judge in this case.

Especially when you consider JC and MM people who are trying to understand and breed best unhybridized haze.
Grow them for years,breed in various combination and it hurts me when people spit on others hard work.

If i corect everything on this site what i think that its incorrect i could text all day long.

also we do not have a prototype haze, not og kush neither suor diesel nor anything. We have some characteristics of plants that classify plants into a family. So we can't even know what haze is until we all agree on what haze is.

Last what i react that you wroghte is on HPS issue...you say hazes dont like light,then again from my expirience,and even from creator of nl5xhaze...wrote this ''It must be flowered when very small,and be given planty of light...1990 NL5xhaze the seed bank catalogue......so its not problem of light then heat HID's create...my haze hybrids grow well on 1100 µmol/m2/s and leaf temp on top are around 27C.

but more and more I see that we often disagree, so there is no point in destroying each other's topics at all. And especially to hate each other, I disagree with many people here but I like smart post or quality grow no mather who i like or not nothing is personal we are just avatars that share our grows and expirence. I won't comment on anything of you anymore because it doesn't make sense.

I think that from now one you will be happy hampy.

PEACE TO ALL :)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
you were the first to write that you don't like me,

I have no problem with you.

Sometimes I even like your posts.

I have a problem that you persistently want to be a judge of what is haze and what is not haze.

If we look that you have never planted unhybridized haze,
without anger but I consider it incompetent to judge in this case.

Especially when you consider JC and MM people who are trying to understand and breed best unhybridized haze.
Grow them for years,breed in various combination and it hurts me when people spit on others hard work.

If i corect everything on this site what i think that its incorrect i could text all day long.

also we do not have a prototype haze, not og kush neither suor diesel nor anything. We have some characteristics of plants that classify plants into a family. So we can't even know what haze is until we all agree on what haze is.

Last what i react that you wroghte is on HPS issue...you say hazes dont like light,then again from my expirience,and even from creator of nl5xhaze...wrote this ''It must be flowered when very small,and be given planty of light...1990 NL5xhaze the seed bank catalogue......so its not problem of light then heat HID's create...my haze hybrids grow well on 1100 µmol/m2/s and leaf temp on top are around 27C.

but more and more I see that we often disagree, so there is no point in destroying each other's topics at all. And especially to hate each other, I disagree with many people here but I like smart post or quality grow no mather who i like or not nothing is personal we are just avatars that share our grows and expirence. I won't comment on anything of you anymore because it doesn't make sense.

I think that from now one you will be happy hampy.

PEACE TO ALL :)

Firstly i like MM and JC and to be honest i like most people in icmag why i joined.

You know nothing about me or what i have done in my life go ask Scott if you know him and ask him what my weed is like and what my growing ability's and skill base is about you may just be surprised.

Haze is a hybrid even Sam has posted that one haze brother said haze was this hybrid the other a different hybrid fact so its not black and white but more shades of grey.

The Thai i have that some love to trash going by Nevil told me it smoked just like his 69 Haze Female he had lost and why it was used in his Outback Haze.

I have dedicated my life growing sativas and i have a few.

I would rather see a a respectful dialog between us and i am more than willing to put this shit behind us if you start showing me the respect any member expects in here.

You cant expect much more than that RESPECT GAINS RESPECT.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
What's in a name? Original Haze has the word original in it so it is THE haze. Oldtimer's probably came from a somewhat related genepool. I wouldn't mind if it was called Oldtimer's Colombian. The truth is we don't really know and we can as well call it Oldtimer's haze if we acknowledge the difference. Isn't haze pretty much a generic term for a certain kind of long flowering sativa anyway.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
What is haze? What is original haze? Easy :we don't know.
Sam called it original haze, but it could have been called Sam haze ... OT1 called it haze, the others called it oldtimer haze in honor of her, in both cases we don't know what they are ....
And I don't even bother to bring up Phylos and other things.

Latest posts

Latest posts